25 Jan 2014 03:49 - 25 Jan 2014 03:49 #19065 by VTdev
7e DSM2 Mode 1 - Mode 2 reversed was created by VTdev
Devo 7e,
fresh install of 7e-v4.0.1
Model type: Aircraft
DSM2
Mode 2 puts the throttle on the right stick
Mode 1 puts throttle on the left stick

Receiver: Orange receiver -- formerly working correctly in model with Spektrum Dx6i.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2014 03:49 by VTdev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2014 04:06 #19067 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic 7e DSM2 Mode 1 - Mode 2 reversed
As I said in the ticket you filed. please post your model.ini. It is very likely incrrectly setup for your model.

More
25 Jan 2014 04:45 #19068 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic 7e DSM2 Mode 1 - Mode 2 reversed
PB, I think you need implement channels auto mapping after changing protocol, to stop these infinite questions.

More
25 Jan 2014 07:16 #19074 by PhracturedBlue
I don't disagree

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
25 Jan 2014 09:22 #19077 by rbe2012

More
25 Jan 2014 11:20 #19078 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic 7e DSM2 Mode 1 - Mode 2 reversed
Loading a template solves the wrong channel sources but many guys do not use templates. Just summarize the steps done valid for all tx. Which mode is used does not matter:
  • Load a new model
  • Channel order is Devo EATR / assigned sources EATR
  • Change to DSM(x)
  • Channel order is DSM(x) TAER / assigned sources remain on EATR
I think new users could have problems with it. Especially if you bear in mind that the mapping works correctly for the Standard GUI where the throttle output is changed automatically.

More
25 Jan 2014 18:22 #19092 by VTdev
Replied by VTdev on topic 7e DSM2 Mode 1 - Mode 2 reversed

PhracturedBlue wrote: As I said in the ticket you filed. please post your model.ini. It is very likely incrrectly setup for your model.

Apologies for not responding sooner.
Attachments:

More
25 Jan 2014 18:52 #19097 by PhracturedBlue
We don't need your tx.ini, we need the model.ini (in themodels/ directory)
But rbe2012 already answered the question of how to resolve this:

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-tx-turned-off#19076

I will eventually fix Deviation to automatically adapt to a protocol switchs, but so far that hasn't been implemented.

More
25 Jan 2014 19:41 #19101 by VTdev
I know how to resolve the problem. I read the answer(s) as well. I've read the manual through.

I didn't pose this as a question, rather information. Because as a new user, I didn't know if you were aware of it. I thought it might help you or other new users to report it here.

Since you are aware of it, that's fine.

I can send you any or all of the model.ini 's if you still want them, though it seems like the problem is already known and understood, so I'm not sure whether it will help anything other than confirm, "yes that's the way it works at present."

Thank you for providing this software.

More
25 Jan 2014 20:41 - 25 Jan 2014 20:42 #19103 by VTdev
Here's the Model1.ini which is what I'm guessing you wanted. It's the only one I set up.

I reverted it to Mode 2 to illustrate what I experienced.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2014 20:42 by VTdev.

More
25 Jan 2014 21:00 #19107 by PhracturedBlue
My point was that switching to 'Mode 1' to solve the problem is the wrong way to solve it. It may appear to be ok, but if you ever need to ask for help on these forums, it will really confuse anyone you talk with. It is likely the throttle safety will not work properly (though I didn't test it), and if you ever try to setup another aircraft (like a walkera one) the throttle will be backwards again. Since the mode setting is done globally and not saved per-model, you'd need to continue switching it back and forth. By instead re-mapping the channels in the mixer, you can get your channels working properly while continuing to use the proper mode fo your Tx.

More
25 Jan 2014 22:52 #19112 by VTdev
Thank you Phractured Blue.

I appreciate what you say. And just tried it out.

It seems to me that if I do it in the mixer, I either have to set things manually for every model, or remember to load templates for every model I enter.

My needs are limited -- airplanes only, and DSM2 only. Mode 2 only.

I see this as a replacement for my DX6i that allows more advanced mixing capabilities for the above, only.

The fact that setting "Mode 1" will act globally for the transmitter to actually be Mode 2 (for the above) is what I actually want. The only slight problem is that it is called Mode 1 -- not a problem, really now that I realize the situation.

The throttle safety does in fact act properly (tested.) And naturally it does since channel 1 is now assigned to the left stick. Every other aspect of channel 1 still applies. It has merely been assigned to another stick.

I promise not to confuse anyone on this forum by always prefacing that I am using Mode 1 and referring to channels properly.

I realize this isn't proper or suitable for everyone, but choice is what programming is all about. And some day, I may switch over to the "proper" way of doing it if I feel the need for that, or if other problems for me arise, that I can't solve otherwise.

But my feeling is, for my use this works well. other than a simple mode number change.

More
26 Jan 2014 02:10 - 26 Jan 2014 02:12 #19127 by VTdev
I know this may not appeal, so take it only as a suggestion to ignore if need be:

I would find it a great feature if not only modes but protocols could be set globally.

I realize that the concept of templates is designed to ease data entry. But it would be nice to make the TX just set it and forget it as a specific transmitter type, adding templates only when and if if needed to fly a non-typical model.

If I could set my Tx globally to DSM2 and Mode 2 with two Transmitter settings, that would be great. And others with different preferences could set it to their own main usage, if desired.

Apologies....I know that isn't the original concept here. Just I think it would be a nice capability that wouldn't interfere with the flexibility of individual model preferences or templates, since it doesn't override them, it merely sets the default personality of the box.

Sorry again...
Last edit: 26 Jan 2014 02:12 by VTdev.

More
26 Jan 2014 08:42 - 26 Jan 2014 08:42 #19136 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic 7e DSM2 Mode 1 - Mode 2 reversed
Mode setting is transmitter wide.

DSM2 is per model and you should probably just copy the models over to your computer then use a text editor to fix them then copy back to your radio.

If you are using OSX or Linux you can even script something to verify/fix your .ini files. No idea about Windows though.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 26 Jan 2014 08:42 by sbstnp.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Jan 2014 09:06 #19139 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic 7e DSM2 Mode 1 - Mode 2 reversed
You can use your own templates. Or you can change the default.ini and copy it to model1.ini, model2.ini, ... (only unused slots, of course).
When the build process creates the file system, it is done that way (copying default.ini).
The default.ini is the one which is loaded when you reset a model. So changing it and resetting the empty models will have the same effect.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds