Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro

More
31 Oct 2016 15:35 #55561 by Andre1102
Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro was created by Andre1102
Thoughts on which transmitter is better? Talking about more on the quality of the gimbals and how ergonomic it is. Thoughts on how user friendly its software will be greatly appreciated too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2016 20:04 #55574 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
I would go for Devo10 as it already has CYRF chip which you can use for DSMx.

German RCN transmitter discussions: www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/4...-10-DX6-Super-V2-%29
I found some threads previously and had eventually linked some blogs which did some comparison (probably more on Devo 7E).
Reports of 9XR no internal HF modules and 9X soldering problems where a turn-off for me.
Turnigy 9X plastic was another turn-off.

Cons of Walkera Devo10: Replacement parts (like button electronic board).

I am satisfied with the Devo10 for DX8G1 replacement.
The display could be bigger (mixer rows required scrolling)

More
01 Nov 2016 03:59 #55578 by Andre1102
Replied by Andre1102 on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
Any thoughts on the gimbals of the 9XR Pro compared to the Devo 10? I'm of kind looking into having the "modular" aspect of the radio too. Also considering the Flysky TH9X.

More
01 Nov 2016 06:20 - 01 Nov 2016 06:22 #55579 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
Google "Turnigy 9xr Pro gimbals" and "Flysky TH9X gimbals" and "Devo 10 gimbals", you will get the answer.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2016 06:22 by vlad_vy.

More
04 Nov 2016 12:49 #55666 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
IIUC, the TH9X Pro has the same gimbals as the TH9X. At least, none of the reviews I've seen mentioned them as being better.

The Devo 10 has much better gimbals than the TH9X. Nuts, the 7E has better gimbals than the 9X, and they aren't as good as the ones in the 10.

The TH9X Pro gives you more firmware choices. I'm not sure which option they went with, but at least one (OpenTx) has an easy-to-use desktop component that walks you through configuring most popular aircraft configurations. That may be why FrSky chose it for the Taranis.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Nov 2016 23:30 - 10 Nov 2016 09:54 #55827 by DaveyP
Replied by DaveyP on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro

Andre1102 wrote: Thoughts on which transmitter is better? Talking about more on the quality of the gimbals and how ergonomic it is. Thoughts on how user friendly its software will be greatly appreciated too.

Some points on devo (any) vs 9xr pro(not in any order)

The 9xr pro aftermarket software is much less of a learning curve and can be grasped very quickly .. 1 point to the 9xr pro
The case of the 9xr pro is pants..1 point to any devo
The 9xr pro gimbles don't have the devo quality.. 1 point to any devo
The 9xr pro can be fitted with a 'plug and play 4 in 1 module'.. 1 point to the 9xr pro
The 9xr pro has voice (but a mod to the speaker or a different speaker is a must).. 1 point to the 9xr pro
The 9xr pro and the devo can be fitted with additional way switches.. point to both

So at this point, which is better ... the answer depends on your needs, quality and a learning curve vs cost and simplicity
It is possible to replace the 9xr pro gimbals with the Taranis ones but the case still wont feel right, lol
The great thing about the 9xr pro is that its cheap, but by the time you add the $$ to mod it... you may of well got a Taranis which is more of a contender to the devo 10

EDIT... The 4 in 1 module for the 9xr pro does require a bit of soldering / adding header pins, so is not exactly plug and play. so looses its advantage for that.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2016 09:54 by DaveyP.

More
10 Nov 2016 09:12 - 10 Nov 2016 09:14 #55833 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
And as the 9xr Pro has no DEVO/DSMx HF module in (right???) - how about Flysky?:
You end up in putting some HF module into which you probably won't get a CE + declaration of conformity (Konformitätserklärung=KE) for, which is e.g required for EU/DE!

This won't happen with a FrSky Taranis bought from an offical FrSky Europe dealer.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2016 09:14 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
16 Nov 2016 13:09 #55962 by Andre1102
Replied by Andre1102 on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
Thank you on your thoughts on this. I have decided to go with the 9xr Pro as I think it is more logical to go to the cheapest between the three transmitters of choice, The 9xr Pro, Devo 10, and Taranis. I don't really need a Taranis right now and I'm just looking for a "starter" transmitter. I don't see myself upgrading to a Taranis in a long time when I get the 9xr pro. Getting the Devo 10 at the "middle" price and upgrading to a Taranis doesn't make much sense to me since the 9xr pro came in the picture. Besides, it being so cheap compensates for its lacking module. A flysky module can be bought for really cheap price (and this is perfect for me as I plan to go with flysky recievers) Also being able to add the 4 in 1 module to the 9xr Pro with little soldering and modding is better for me than a very complicated mod with the Devo line. I also want to get into the OpenTX software as an introduction when I decide to upgrade to a Taranis. Thanks a lot! Really helped :)

More
22 Nov 2016 03:13 #56152 by Mikek
Replied by Mikek on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
I have the 9xr pro and the 4 in 1 module is plug and play! Unless u use it in serial mode which is better cause u can then select protocol in menu vs the module by turning a knob. All u have to solder is two pads together, very simple

More
25 Nov 2016 10:22 - 25 Nov 2016 10:23 #56268 by kaligola
Replied by kaligola on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro

Mikek wrote: I have the 9xr pro and the 4 in 1 module is plug and play! Unless u use it in serial mode which is better cause u can then select protocol in menu vs the module by turning a knob. All u have to solder is two pads together, very simple

i wanted to ask u something about this 4 in 1 module since i have devo7e and 9xr pro too, multimodule for what i undestand has no capable space to fit all protocol firmwares in but a couple of them , have i undertand right? and range of this module is good?
thanks for answering because i had same wonders devo 10 x9r pro..actually fitted a dsmx orangerx module, the one without switches on, only bind and change id button..
Last edit: 25 Nov 2016 10:23 by kaligola.

More
25 Nov 2016 17:14 #56273 by Mikek
Replied by Mikek on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro

kaligola wrote:

Mikek wrote: I have the 9xr pro and the 4 in 1 module is plug and play! Unless u use it in serial mode which is better cause u can then select protocol in menu vs the module by turning a knob. All u have to solder is two pads together, very simple

i wanted to ask u something about this 4 in 1 module since i have devo7e and 9xr pro too, multimodule for what i undestand has no capable space to fit all protocol firmwares in but a couple of them , have i undertand right? and range of this module is good?
thanks for answering because i had same wonders devo 10 x9r pro..actually fitted a dsmx orangerx module, the one without switches on, only bind and change id button..

The 4 in 1 module has all the protocols in it. Just like adding 3 seperate modules or the 3 in 1 on your devo 7e, plus the one thats already in it makes 4. The 4 in 1 is just easier to solder into the devo 10, only 3 wires. Or if u want to use it in the 9xr pro it just plugs into the module bay.( there is one with a mcu board for module radios and one without for use in devo.)

there is posts on here with the ranges somewhere just do a search. Or i think its on the bangood site in description of the module.

More
25 Nov 2016 22:36 #56281 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
i think he was referring to the version of the 4in1 with the daughterboard for the taranis/9xr etc, as that version doesn't have enough code space to fit all of the available protocols on the daughterboard memory, this of course doesn't affect the devo transmitters as the protocol code is stored in the transmitter firmware not on the 4in1 daughterboard

More
26 Nov 2016 08:53 #56291 by kaligola
Replied by kaligola on topic Devo 10 vs Turnigy 9xr Pro
yeah, thanks Mikek for answer and HappyHarry for the right point , must consider if convenient upgrade x9 pro, guess will keep my 7e 3 modules on and x9r pro dsmx,

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds