Frsky compatibility

More
20 Apr 2015 16:06 #31426 by Jon.m.barter
Replied by Jon.m.barter on topic Frsky compatibility
devo 8s will not bind with d4r-ii. using seby docky video for binding guidance

here is what i have going on:
-Deviated Devo 8s w/ latest nightly build
-Ali express cc2500 module installed www.aliexpress.com/item/CC2500-PA-LNA-wi...-2-4G/359941652.html
-antenna connected, protocol frsky appears with no star, everything enabled correctly by removing ";" on the cyrf module, cc2500 module, and a7105 module. PA's also enabled. there is no freezing, no issues, nothing abnormal.
-A7105 module works with no issue (test flew a proto x with it)
-checked the solder and wires over and over, everything is matching up the way it should
-attempted alternatives such as jumping 9 and 10 pins to power and ground. Also placed module into devo 7e. Same issue, will not bind with d4r-ii although all signs point that it could/should.
- This is my third devo w/ deviation. I have had no issues with a7105 modules scavenged from different wl toys transmitters, as well as no issues with nrf modules set up.

Waiting on different cc2500 module to test . Will also check in the future to see if this ali express cc2500 module works with skyartec receivers vs. frsky. problem is I dont have a skyartec receiver at hand at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2015 16:11 - 20 Apr 2015 16:15 #31427 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic Frsky compatibility
Did you tweak "fine" variable?Ask somebody.
I would tell you how to but I don'T have Devo( maybe need recompile the firmware).I have other TX with multiprotocol and used the same variable.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 16:15 by midelic.

More
20 Apr 2015 18:56 #31435 by Jon.m.barter
I played a little bit with the "fine" variable. went up to 3 and stopped. From what I gathered from PB in another (or this one) thread/post is that it is not necessary.

I went up to 1, 2, and 3. Did the same with "course" (probably meant coarse) tuning, and went up to 3. then i tried different combination of the two. I gave that up rather quickly because there are too many variables, and I dont know which numbers to explore. plus, I read a post where PB states this should not be necessary so i backed off that area of troubleshooting.

More
20 Apr 2015 19:26 - 20 Apr 2015 19:32 #31437 by midelic
PB said no need modification for modules he recommended he knows they work with deviation settings ,........for other modules based on CC2500 is different story.The base frequency can be shifted.The "fine" variable takes values from 0 to 255(-127, +127).So 1,2,3 is irrelevant.
I dealt with this one on my thread.There were guys using different modules they modify the fine variable(which is the same as in deviation) and got their module bind with rx. .
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31196236&postcount=432
From what I see you have 2 choices or you manage to properly test with this variable or buy a CC2500 module recommended for deviation.
Good luck!
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 19:32 by midelic.

More
21 Apr 2015 06:02 #31452 by Jon.m.barter
Thanks for your help friend, will look into a new module as well as adjusting the fine variable of my current one.

Dont know much about fine tuning variables, but will read into your thread for insight on what to do.

More
25 Apr 2015 05:11 #31588 by Jon.m.barter
Issue fixed. even though similar, both these models throw different frequencies or something. The working one is from bangood, the one i couldnt get to bind is from aliexpress (pigtail attached).

now i am able to bind with frsky d4r-ii rx no problemo. The bangood model seems to be plug and play no issues.

Hope this helps someone

More
25 Apr 2015 07:15 #31593 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Frsky compatibility
Would you be interested in shipping me your 'bad' module (Depending on location)? If I have a known non-working module, I can maybe figure out the difference and correct for it.
If you are in the US, PM me, and we can talk.

More
25 Apr 2015 11:48 #31606 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Frsky compatibility

Jon.m.barter wrote: Issue fixed. even though similar, both these models throw different frequencies or something. The working one is from bangood, the one i couldnt get to bind is from aliexpress (pigtail attached).

now i am able to bind with frsky d4r-ii rx no problemo. The bangood model seems to be plug and play no issues.

Hope this helps someone

Would you mind providing us with a link or photos?
BG has two modules on stock , a 17dBm shielded one( U.FL connector) and a Skyartec ( unshielded / max 23dBm).
Is this the alienexpress module?
www.aliexpress.com/item/CC2500-PA-LNA-wi...500m/1723291307.html

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
25 Apr 2015 15:00 - 25 Apr 2015 15:29 #31609 by midelic
No these are the modules below.
Ali express module and BG one
They look the same but they are different.
www.aliexpress.com/item/CC2500-PA-LNA-wi...-2-4G/359941652.html
www.banggood.com/CC2500-PA-LNA-Romote-Wi...F24L01-p-922595.html

I believe the Aliexpress one have base channel frequency shifted(the famous offset),
To bind with normal frsky rx one needs to tweak CC2500_0C_FSCTRL0 register(FREQOFF second complement , called "fine" variable takes values from 0-127(increase freq) and 255 to 128(decrease freq) ).......... OR .......CC2500_0F_FREQ0,and CC2500_0E_FREQ1 registers( see CC2500 data sheet to calculate how).
I have at home around 3 modules with base freq shifted, tweaked frequency(code) and now all work ok.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2015 15:29 by midelic.

More
25 Apr 2015 15:11 #31610 by Jon.m.barter
I am having a hard time posting pics from my phone to this thread, the link provided will show my post on rcgroups with pictures of both side by side.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918045&page=212

Phractured blue, hell yes i am willing to ship you the module. in fact, if i can buy you a beer or send you other stuff you just say the word.

Will send you a pm shortly so i can send this off to you. I am in orange county california.

More
05 May 2015 08:30 #32095 by midelic
Does anyone tested the Frsky hub telemetry with deviation.
I know the A1.A2 and RSSI working, but how about the hub sensors.Is it working or not?

More
05 May 2015 13:46 #32103 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Frsky compatibility
I have one and at least the temp and voltage sensors should work ok. I don't have any other sensors to test it with.

More
05 May 2015 13:54 #32104 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Frsky compatibility
Is RSSI working? I just dug out my D4R-II to put in the Orion, and don't see anything that looks like RSSI values. I get Temp, Volt and RPM labels, plus the GPS stuff.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 May 2015 14:18 #32107 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Frsky compatibility

mwm wrote: Is RSSI working? I just dug out my D4R-II to put in the Orion, and don't see anything that looks like RSSI values. I get Temp, Volt and RPM labels, plus the GPS stuff.

For me RSSI is working (with D4R-II) ... I believe my minor modifications in FrSky have been integrated into recent NB

More
05 May 2015 14:39 - 05 May 2015 14:45 #32110 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Frsky compatibility
Is the X4R/X4RSB working?
... And if so, what about the EU Version :sick:
See FrSky Firmware for ETSI EN 300 328 V1.8.1 on rcgroups
Last edit: 05 May 2015 14:45 by linux-user.

More
05 May 2015 14:40 - 05 May 2015 14:43 #32111 by midelic
yes RSSI on packet[5] is Ok.

Thanks
so the Hub sensor data packets are
0x5E, sensorID, lowbyte, highbyte, 0x5E, sensorID, lowbyte, highbyte,0x5E

But for some reason I cannot see hub data on Taranis,,I see RSSI,A1 and A2. these are ok.Very strange they are all on the same frame.
Last edit: 05 May 2015 14:43 by midelic.

More
05 May 2015 16:06 #32117 by mwm
Ok, Got it. It's in an odd place on the telemetry monitor, being in the RPM column. Anyone want to tell me how to interpret that value, and what values should be considered bad news?

Also, it wasn't added to _frsky_name, so wasn't showing up in the main page display box config. Neither was TelemVolt3, for that matter. And the FrSky altitude sensor wasn't in that or in _frsky_short_name. I've attached a patch that fixes both of those, as well as providing a real value for the default case, so instead of blanks you get a number that can be used to figure out what it should be. If someone who is actively working on the telemetry wants to handle this, let me know. Otherwise, I'll create a pull request for it in a few days.

I also note that the GPS telemetry data isn't available for either display boxes or alarms. There might be a reason you don't want to use it for alarms, but I can't see a reason not to make it available for display boxes,. I believe this is being discussed on the DSM telemetry thread, but haven't been paying close attention to that.

More
10 May 2015 16:30 #32352 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Frsky compatibility
This thread is fairly chaotic, so forgive me for asking..
Can someone tell me exactly:

- Which FRSky receivers are compatible?
- Will the latest nightly work with it or are the telemetry etc only implemented in the (5 month old?) versions posted in this thread?

More
10 May 2015 17:07 #32357 by mwm
I believe we have all the various fixes in this thread in the nightlies. If someone knows of something that's missing that should be in them, please speak up so we can look into adding it!

We have D (both D8 and D16) protocol support. I believe that means:
  • The D series receivers should all work, though I'd be leery of older ones.
  • The V series receivers that are -II and the VD5M can do D mode, but doesn't do telemetry.
  • The X series receivers are the ones that do both D8 and D16. Should work fine. Documented by FrSky as needing D16 for telemetry.
  • I don't believe the L series receivers will work.
So if you want telemetry, you have to get a D or X series receiver. The D series receivers use a data port connection to a FrSky telemetry hub. The X series receivers us a smart port and the two aren't compatible. RSSI , receiver voltage and a raw analog port for a second voltage are also available on some of them

More
10 May 2015 17:30 #32358 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Frsky compatibility
Thanks. I got a D4R-II on the way and just installed the CC2500 in my Devo 7e.. let's see if this'll work.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds