New FrSkyX protocol

More
11 Mar 2016 09:06 #44419 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Guys please can you help me out.
I installed hexfet's build but i can't bind to an x4r-sb.
To keep this thread uncluttered i'm posting a link to the thread.
Any help is appreciated.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...b-not-bindin-devo-7e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2016 15:05 #44467 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol

Alexandro wrote: Hello,
Test Ver. 15e

the neg. Numbers are looking good , some times at VSpeed is a wrong Number jumping into Display for 1 sec.
here the Pictures, i try to show the same on booth TX ( Taranis and 8e)

Somehow I was thinking you had a devo 10. Need to update the color telemtest page...

Not sure about the VSI jumping to a wrong number. Any idea of the value that gets displayed occasionally?

Test build is updated.
- Fixed the precision loss in alt and vario values
- Changed the display code to use extra space for the minus sign, so you'll get the same precision displayed for negative and positive numbers.
The display is cm precision for magnitudes less than 10, decimeter (dm?) for less than 100. That might overflow the existing display box in some cases.

I think next for me will be cleaning up and porting fixes to the Frsky protocol. I'll do a PR then to maybe get some reviews. Still need to hear from Nitro on their x4r-sb. Want to see what midelic finds when he returns home too. My time is limited for the next few weeks anyway. After that another thread on telemetry display changes...

More
12 Mar 2016 15:53 - 12 Mar 2016 19:02 #44468 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Test Ver. cd9

Hello Hexfet,

i try to test the new Build tomorrow with my Plane :) and report then.

please can you implement a Counter for used mA/h ? at Taranis there is a Counter who counts the used mili ampere , this is the most used Fuel Gauge for electric Engine.
it is used with Alarm to signal the empty Batt for timing the right landing time.

EDIT:
Done a Test on my Bench today and it looks very good. You have done a very nice Work on the FrskyX ! congratulations !
I think now the FrskyX is very usefull and the Telemetry is very good for the average and advanced User, I like it !

-> I order a X4rSB to test it on the X4R RX

-> The neg. Number glitch is only if the Signal gets corrupted via 2 Telemetry Transmitter ( 2 RX nearby and running ) this is not a Problem, its a user Error ( on Taranis its not working with 2 RX nearby, only Telemetry lost comes up)

tomorrow i can report more ( live test on the Plane)

greetings Alex
Last edit: 12 Mar 2016 19:02 by Alexandro.

More
13 Mar 2016 14:50 #44505 by Alexandro
Hello,
flight Test done today.
Range and Response are ok, only the PWM Signal is a bit jumping . The Taranis PWM is more stable .
The Deviation PWM jumps around 3-4 and the Servos making some noise ( on the full Stick Range is some Noise on PWM ) Adding a little Filter for the PWM producing to reduce the jumping ?
VSPEED and ALT does a good Job in combination with the Alarm Option.

I think You are at 95% ready with your very good work to bring us the X protocol.
only 2 things

- Noise on PWM ( after moving the Servo with the Stick to a Position, the Servo PWM jumps around 2-4 Numbers)
- The mA/h Fuel Gauge for the Electro pilots

greetings Alex

More
13 Mar 2016 21:58 - 13 Mar 2016 21:59 #44523 by hexfet
Thanks Alex. Took a little time to update the test build with the mAh counter as a telemetry value. I called it discharge (DIS) and has a trailing D displayed after the value. But didn't have enough time to add a reset for it. You'll need to change to another model with different protocol and back, or power cycle the tx.

Not sure about the jitter. Do you see it at all positions, or only at the end of stick travel? How about with sticks centered? Would like to know the root cause before adding code to address it.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2016 21:59 by hexfet.

More
14 Mar 2016 07:00 - 14 Mar 2016 10:24 #44543 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test Ver. 99f

The Jitter comes up on all Stick Positions but only if i use the following Mixing ( for my Flying Wing)
Complex
1-AIL 1to1 SCR AIL Scale 95 REPLACE
1-AIL 1to1 SCR ELE Scale 95 ADD

Complex
2-ELE 1to1 SCR ELE Scale 95 REPLACE
2-ELE 1to1 SCR AIL Scale 95 ADD

- if i use no Complex Mix all is silent, but if i use 2 Complex the the Jitter comes up on all Stick Positions and when i go higher with the Scale Value then it goes higher to
- if i change to :
Complex
1-Ail 1to1 SCR Ail Scale 101 REPLACE
1-Ail 1to1 SCR Ch2 Scale 101 ADD

Complex
2-Ele 1to1 SCR Ele Scale 101 REPLACE
2-Ele 1to1 SCR Ch1 Scale 101 ADD

all things going crazy, Stick movement does do a Jump on RX to 125 % ( But this does come up on Flysky,Spectrum,FrskyD8) if it helps to find the source of the jumping
may be a litte filter for the actual Stick Position to smooth the Calculation of the PWM Signal Number ?
I think there was a same problem with a other new Protocol for a Quad who does wild things on Rudder and the clue was to add a little Dead Spot, but this is here not the right way because the jitter is on all Stick Positions. Better to add a the Spot for all Stick Positions ( a Filter )

Current used ( mA/h) :
the Box can be selected but it does not count ( may be the interval is to long ? )
Tarains counts around every 2-3 Sec. I have a 0.5 A draw at the moment and it show 0D

Greetings Alex

Here the Model Memory

File Attachment:

File Name: model4.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 10:24 by Alexandro.

More
14 Mar 2016 12:50 - 14 Mar 2016 12:53 #44561 by hexfet
Lots of good information :)

From the way you describe the jitter it sounds like a mixer issue. Am I understanding correctly that you see the same behavior on Flysky and DSMX? I'll take a look as soon as I can.

For the mAh counter I'd forgotten you have the hub current sensor. I've added the mAh counter code to that sensor now too. Test build is updated. At 0.5A it should increase by 1 every 7-8 seconds (to reach 500 after one hour).

I looked at resetting the counter when timers are reset by pressing L at the main screen, but that part of the code is not tied to the protocol so didn't immediately see a clean way to do it. Other ideas?
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 12:53 by hexfet.

More
14 Mar 2016 14:37 #44562 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test Ver. ae0

Jitter:
the Jitter is only on FrskX ( more then 3 Numbers) . i tested DSM2,FLYSKY and there is no Jitter on the PWM Channels.
On Frsky D8 there is a little Jitter on PWM (around 2 ). The bad Thing is, it drain the Batt. very fast ( it uses 500 mAH of the RX Batt continuously )

The Bug with going Wild Servos is on all Protocol ( DSM2,FLYSKY,FRSKY D8) but it looks a bit bigger at FlyskyX . If it helps to find the Source of the jitter

mAh counter:
The Counter does not work right . Only 1 or 2 jumps at random Time but most no changes at Display.
The reset of the mAh or the other Telemetry Values is not real need for , but it is nice to have. Most Values (Alt,Consumed mAh) are automatic Reset at Power Cycle ( changing the Batt after Landing)
The Button Reset is ok if it is easy to implement , Taranis does it with long press Enter.

greetings Alex

More
14 Mar 2016 15:20 #44563 by hexfet
Yes, that info on the jitter/wild behavior is helpful. Will take some detective work to determine the cause.

I only tested the mAh counter with the new sensor so probably made an error adding the code for the other. Will be able to test in the emulator later today.

More
14 Mar 2016 22:19 #44578 by 944storm
Replied by 944storm on topic New FrSkyX protocol
On the jitter issue, I have a 12s that was doing that till I added an external power source for the cc2500. It was jumping 3 - 6 points per channel. Now it is noise free.

More
15 Mar 2016 06:42 - 15 Mar 2016 12:54 #44585 by Alexandro
@944storm
Hello, i soldered a 220myF Cap. between vcc and gnd ( to Buffer the 3.3V) and my Telemetry was gone but the Jitter not. Did your Telemtry full working on FrskyX.
If i use Mix Complex then it is showing up, but on normal Mix the silence is the same like Frsky D8 with Mix Complex

On Frsky D8 the little noise is ok
Im using Digital Servos there a always a litte noise on it because the Digital Option is a bit more precise on PWM input and the resolution is more like >= 3 Numbers on the Servo with Digital
The old Analog Servos do move at >=4 Numbers on PWM ( every Brand does it a bit early or later )

greetings Alex
Last edit: 15 Mar 2016 12:54 by Alexandro.

More
15 Mar 2016 16:01 #44607 by 944storm
Replied by 944storm on topic New FrSkyX protocol
@Alexandro

I still have telemetry working on a D4R-II rx. I had this issue using a normal mix and a complex mix. I have not purchased an X series rx. That is on my to get list once I have time to finish up some projects.

I would check your solder connections and make sure they are not shorted to other pins. With the 12s, the 1s battery was having a hard time powering the CC2500. This was causing a bunch of noise in the power circuit.

More
16 Mar 2016 12:15 #44641 by hexfet
Think I have the mAh counter straightened out. Tested on my tx with simulated data. Test build is updated.

No time to look at jumping channel values yet...

More
16 Mar 2016 16:00 - 17 Mar 2016 07:19 #44653 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test Ver. d76

The mAh Counter is working, i do later a longer Test ( some Time it add 800 , may be i was to near with the TX ) and write it under this Post with Edit to keep all Text small.

- The X4RSB is now at my Bench and it Bind with out any Problem, SBUS is Working. SPORT does right to ! Big thumbs UP to You ! :woohoo: ( Updated with the latest non EU SBUS Version )
- X8R is ok with Telemetry to

The Jitter is a bit mysterious !
On normal Mix it Jitters now to, but i have seen thad the green LED on RX does a bit flicker to, some Times ( some speed related thing with sending the Data to RX ? To fast sending ? )

At Weekend or begin of next Week a New 7e is coming and then i solder my 2nd CC2500 into it, so we can test the small 7e Build.

EDIT:
mAh Counter is doing good Job, only near at RX there is a little Error . At Distance all is running Good ( At Tarains with to near it talks Telemtry Lost and does not show any Values)
Last edit: 17 Mar 2016 07:19 by Alexandro.

More
17 Mar 2016 07:32 - 17 Mar 2016 16:36 #44699 by Alexandro
I done some Test to find the Source of the Jitter today.

- It comes up when i switch from Simple to Complex
- it goes when i switch back to Simple

--> if I use Complex and the 1st mix is Deadband set to Scale 0 , Replace and the 2nd set to RUD ,Scale 60 with add . Then the Jitter stops ! ( it is a litte Problem wich the Complex mix and some rounding of the PWM or a loosing of the Deadband form the main Program Core ? or a wrong Calculation with the 0.XXX at the Devinition of the Variable ( Fließkommazahl )<- German Word ( floating-point number ? ) ?

--> if i change the Scale + ,Scale - at the left side of the menu ( the Stick Source ) to Scale -150, Scale +150 then it comes back again. With Scale at 99 % on the Mix it overshot at fast Stick movement to the middle and the Jitter is bigger
--> on 100 % Scale at the Mix Menu all Servos doing over react like a wrong setting on a Gyro Module ( Here comes the same symptom as on all other Modulations when changing from (1Ail mix 2 Ele) to ( 1Ail mix Ch2 )
i think it comes from the Core of Deviation Signal Create Routine

i hope this helps a little bit to solve the Jitter Problem.

EDIT:
The 7e is working with the X4rSB ,X8r and the Latest (d76) Build on FrskyX but the Jitter is the same
greetings Alex
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2016 16:36 by Alexandro.

More
18 Mar 2016 00:22 #44759 by hexfet

Alexandro wrote: EDIT:
mAh Counter is doing good Job, only near at RX there is a little Error . At Distance all is running Good ( At Tarains with to near it talks Telemtry Lost and does not show any Values)

Thanks for the testing - I raise my green beer to you :)

The lost telemetry detection may be related to the still not fully understood tx byte 21 / rx byte 5 handshaking. On the Taranis that's taken care of by the Frsky module. What's in the rf protocol now is the minimum to keep the telemetry flowing. Sounds like it's usable at least.

On the jitter/jumping issue I've done some testing but not able to replicate with the previous model files in the emulator or on a Flysky V911 (not flying, just testing the mix for servo jumping). Need to try these new model files on a real Flysky receiver, which is somewhere in my RC room... If possible would you please try the same test with the current nightly build on Flysky and Frsky? I'd like to rule out a problem with FryskyX as well as anything caused by my build environment.

More
18 Mar 2016 07:21 - 18 Mar 2016 09:03 #44774 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test with latest Nightly 92a

I think your Environment is the same good, worse as the Nightly.

The Test on Frsky D8 and Flysky show the same Bug and near no Jitter ( i reported at Bug Tracker the Servo going wild Bug )
The same on PPM out to a external Flysky Module ( from a TH-9X Transmitter )

-> I attach 2 Model Memory were the Bug comes slowly up (on the line --> mix 1-AIL to Ch2 scale > 100 , mix 2-ELE to Ch1 scale > 100 then all begins and getting bigger with the value of scale)
i found when i change the Scale of the booth lines 1-AIL and 2-ELE the Servo movement is not linear with the Stick movement
and when i change 1 of the Scale to neg. then the Servo movement is very short.
-> can the Servo movement be exponentiell calculated at the Core ? ( the wrong way ? ) because it looks like.

I think this Bug is the Source of the Jitter on FrskyX ( on FrskyX the Bug comes up at scale >60 and the Jitter begins earlier without a Stick movement)
here is some thing wrong at the Deviation Core and triggers alle the Jitter and Jumping

im slowly going out of Words to describe it :lol:

EDIT:
Load the last File (wild.ini) into the 7E Emulator on Windows and move the Mouse over the Window and watch the Ch1 and Ch2 display, there is the Jitter.
And with moving Ch1 and Ch2 with the Keyboard you see the wild jumping on CH1 and Ch2

greetings Alex with raised Glass :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Mar 2016 09:03 by Alexandro.

More
18 Mar 2016 17:50 - 18 Mar 2016 17:52 #44794 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I just got my X4R-SB.

I see some jitter on the 4 stick directions, curiously there's none at all on the switches. Could it be down to slightly fluctuating stick readings?

Edit: In fact, I am sure it's the sticks. If I push the stick to the extreme left or right/up or down and hold it there, the jitter stops.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2016 17:52 by Arakon.

More
18 Mar 2016 23:31 - 19 Mar 2016 00:06 #44811 by hexfet

Alexandro wrote: im slowly going out of Words to describe it :lol:

EDIT:
Load the last File (wild.ini) into the 7E Emulator on Windows and move the Mouse over the Window and watch the Ch1 and Ch2 display, there is the Jitter.
And with moving Ch1 and Ch2 with the Keyboard you see the wild jumping on CH1 and Ch2

greetings Alex with raised Glass :lol:

You've described it very well but seems I was blind till you made it obvious for me. I believe the issue is in the mixer definition. The second mixer for both channels 1 and 2 is using CH2/CH1 as source. I think what you want for an elevon mix is mixing the stick inputs as the sources - ELE/AIL.

The mixers for the first two channels in wild.ini are set up as in the diagram below. When the channel values are generated in the software the channels are run through in order. So what's happening is that channel 1 mix is evaluated, generating a new value based on AIL and CH2 and the new value is placed in CH1. Then channel 2 mix is evaluated, using ELE and the new CH1 value to create a new CH2 value. That new CH2 value doesn't affect CH1 until the next time through the mixer calculation loop. So the outputs are feeding back into the inputs, instead of the output values being based on mixing the stick inputs AIL and ELE. Hope that's clear, and apologies for not catching it earlier.

wild.ini first two channels mixers
            ---
AIL ------>| + |-------+-> CH1
            ---        |
             ^         |
             |         |
             +------+  |
                    |  |
             +------|--+
             |      |
             v      |
            ---     |
ELE ------>| + |----+----> CH2
            ---
Last edit: 19 Mar 2016 00:06 by hexfet.

More
19 Mar 2016 08:23 #44821 by Alexandro
Hello,
@hexfet

Yes thats it !
It is adding and adding again until the error getting higher and higher. The Impuls Coming from the Analog Digital Converter ? ( Arakon say it comes only from the Stick Channels )
I try to test it later today with compare Sticks to Switches on the Mix Menu ( Aragons finding )

( I think OpenTX had the same Problem long time ago with the Ch to Ch Mix)

@Arakon
Yes the same here, i think at full Stick movement the Max PWM Filter is coming up and stoping the Jitter. May be ?

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds