Devo 7E no USB Mode

• dennis58675@gmail.com
  • dennis58675@gmail.com's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Jul 2016 22:21 #51936 by dennis58675@gmail.com
Devo 7E no USB Mode was created by dennis58675@gmail.com
Hi,

I just got the devo 7E from TomTop. I want to bind it to a Scisky using dsm2. From what i understand I have to upgrade from Devention to Deviation firmware to do this. The transmitter does not have a model mixer or model setup tab, so I believe I need the new firmware to do this. I downloaded the dfuse usb upgrade tools and and the newest devo firmware from this website. I see that my transmitter connects in DFU mode. I am able to upload the firmware successfully. The porblem occurs when I power down my transmitter, hold ENT and power back on. It does not go into usb mode. The transmitter boots normally and I am not able to access the transmitter like a usb storage device. I have been searching forums and videos for the past couple days and have not come up with anything. I am running Windows 10 and believe I have the drivers updated correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2016 22:33 #51937 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Devo 7E no USB Mode
What means 'boot normally'? Is Devention still on it? Maybe it's better to use 5.0 instead of the nightlies...

Try using the java based uploader in,the download section 'Deviation uploader'

• dennis58675@gmail.com
  • dennis58675@gmail.com's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2016 20:22 #51964 by dennis58675@gmail.com
Replied by dennis58675@gmail.com on topic Devo 7E no USB Mode
Yes it boots up with devention still on it when I hold ENT and power on. I am trying to figure out how to upload with java now. I see the following in the instructions:

"The ‘Deviation Uploader’ is a Java (jar) file. You can either pass the jar file to the Java executable on the command line, or open the file in the GUI, using the Java application to open it. You will need to install Java from www.java.com/ if you haven’t already installed it."

I have installed the latest version of java. Do i need a java GUI program to do this? Is eclipse used for this? If you could clear this up I would be very greatfull.

More
21 Jul 2016 21:15 #51965 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Devo 7E no USB Mode
No,you don't need such thing. Just install Java and don't forget to,reboot the machine. Perhaps try reinstalling. Does windows recognize a device when you plug the Devo to PC? For flashing Deviation, you need to press EXT, not ENT!!
Program,mode message should show up on,the Devo's screen. Then plug to the computer. In Dfuse or the deviation,uploader the 7e should shoe up,then. Press install and Deviation,should be put on it... THEN you can,hold ENT for,USB mode ;)

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds