Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
18 Apr 2017 15:05 #61553 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Bayang protocol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2017 16:43 #61555 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Yes, you can bind to Eachine H8 mini with bayang protocol. In case you are interested, i include the .ini file i use. Hold is on RUD DR, FMOD 1,2,3 is rates (1 = slower, 3=faster), AILE DR is 3D (it performs mutliple flips as long as it is activated). You need to be in FMOD1 or FMOD2 for 3D to work. It can do a couple of more things, but i can't remember the switches :)
Attachments:

More
18 Apr 2017 18:57 #61557 by llinde
Replied by llinde on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Wanderer777 wrote: Now I wonder if I'd also be able to fly the Eachine H8 Mini.

If so, which protocol would I have to chose?

You can choose Bayang, see www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...hine-or-jjrc-h8-mini

More
18 Apr 2017 19:44 #61559 by compman2
Replied by compman2 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Yes you can fly the h8 mini. It uses the bayang toys protocol. I fly my H8's with the same 4 in 1 in a Devo 12e and Devo Ultimate 7e. There are some model files in the forum that have everything already setup you may want to check them out.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father

More
18 Apr 2017 22:01 #61564 by Sonsondei
Replied by Sonsondei on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Sonsondei wrote: Mine is just regular e010@3mw.

My frsky quad is fb90 (2s) on qx90 frame. That has no problem flying high power tx setting.

Just an update, the antenna is the root cause. I can now bind e010 with 10mw easily by removing the outer plastic of the antenna.

That is the famous antenna that many ppl may have from banggood. I was surprise how stable in bind after the removal.
Attachments:

More
19 Apr 2017 01:58 #61571 by DSantapaola
Replied by DSantapaola on topic Mission Impossible - Failed
It really hard to solder the red wire included with the 4in1 module to the MCU (Devo 8 ). The wire is so thick and the mcu pin is so tiny...

If i apply only a really small portion of solder to the wire i don't get a close bond. If I apply more, the wire connects to two pins. Also, the wire spread apart a little bit applying the solder on it. I tried to twist the wire but it's difficult to handle such a tiny wire.

Questions:
1. Does sb have some tips? There is a forum post regarding the MCU pin, but I don't find it anymore :(
2. Is there a possibility to mask the neighboring pin? Or can I solder a short piece of thinner wire to the red one?
3. Is sb here living in Munich, who could help me? :)

More
19 Apr 2017 02:29 - 19 Apr 2017 02:39 #61572 by Leo Li
Last edit: 19 Apr 2017 02:39 by Leo Li.

More
19 Apr 2017 03:03 #61573 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic Mission Impossible - Failed
Unfortunately I can't help you from where I live, but I remember seeing in the forums, someone used Kapton tape to prevent solder bridges. Kapton tape is a super heat resistant, clear yellow tape. You place two strips of it over the processor leaving a gap just wide enough to expose the the desired pin. I just bought some on Amazon.com for $5 USD. And yes it would be a good idea to solder a short section of very thin wire (like magnet wire) the pin on the processor, and solder the signal the signal wire to the other end of the thin wire. And of course you'll need a very fine tip for your soldering iron and a steady hand. It's not an easy thing to do. I'm not aware of any easier solder points on the Devo7E.

More
19 Apr 2017 12:43 #61581 by mario123
Replied by mario123 on topic Mission Impossible - Failed
Found a really cheap 3in1 or 4in1 module. Might order just becausse I'm curious.
de.aliexpress.com/item/Multi-Protocol-TX...tml?isOrigTitle=true

More
19 Apr 2017 12:45 #61582 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Mission Impossible - Failed
That's only the casing ;)

More
19 Apr 2017 13:31 #61585 by mario123
Replied by mario123 on topic Mission Impossible - Failed
Oh that explains the pricing :D, thanks already wondered how they made it available as cheap

More
19 Apr 2017 16:33 - 19 Apr 2017 16:43 #61588 by DSantapaola

Leo Li wrote: Q1
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=940#55157
Q2
silpstream.com/209/ultimate7e-adding-2-extra-potentiometers/

Texacate wrote: Unfortunately I can't help you from where I live, but I remember seeing in the forums, someone used Kapton tape to prevent solder bridges. Kapton tape is a super heat resistant, clear yellow tape. You place two strips of it over the processor leaving a gap just wide enough to expose the the desired pin. I just bought some on Amazon.com for $5 USD. And yes it would be a good idea to solder a short section of very thin wire (like magnet wire) the pin on the processor, and solder the signal the signal wire to the other end of the thin wire. And of course you'll need a very fine tip for your soldering iron and a steady hand. It's not an easy thing to do. I'm not aware of any easier solder points on the Devo7E.

Leo Li, Texacate, thank you very much for your help!

The slipstream link was a great help. Bending the wire 90 degree helps a lot to hold it in position without space between the wire and the pin. I made some experiments with an old board and wire of a tail rotor (micro heli). The pins of the chip are a little bit wider compared to the MCU of the Devo 8. Nevertheless, it works.

Question:
1. I want to use a smaller wire for the devo: cooper wire with 0.15 mm diameter. Is it ok?
The author of the link uses a 36AWG teflon wire.

2. I experience some trouble getting the solder on the cooper wire. Also, its difficult to apply the proper amount. I need a lot of attemps! I sand the wire with a file used for polishing nails (really fine grain size) before applying the solder. And I never use flux (everything worked till now without). Is there a better approach?
Last edit: 19 Apr 2017 16:43 by DSantapaola.

More
19 Apr 2017 16:54 #61589 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Mission Impossible - Failed
I use single wire from any multi-strand wire (about 16-22 AWG). Bend the wire 90 degree, solder from MCU side, bend over top of MCU, cut at center of MCU, solder thick wire and glue to the top of MCU by foamy sticky tape.

More
19 Apr 2017 17:53 - 19 Apr 2017 18:04 #61590 by DSantapaola

vlad_vy wrote: I use single wire from any multi-strand wire (about 16-22 AWG). Bend the wire 90 degree, solder from MCU side, bend over top of MCU, cut at center of MCU, solder thick wire and glue to the top of MCU by foamy sticky tape.

Thank you very much, Vlad! Does it means that you use a much smaller diameter for the 'pin'-wire? I'm little worried about that fact, that the life of my helis depends on such a tiny, tiny wire...
Perhaps it's better to use the MCU pin for the 7105. Are the following hardware settings correct using A13 for the 24l01 and B3 for the 7105?

; enable-cyrf6936 = B12
; has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
; enable-a7105 = B3
; has_pa-a7105 = 1
; enable-cc2500 = A14
; has_pa-cc2500 = 1
; enable-nrf24l01 = A13
; has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A13
Last edit: 19 Apr 2017 18:04 by DSantapaola.

More
19 Apr 2017 19:19 #61593 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Mission Impossible - Failed
That case isn't even for the deviation 4-in-1 module. It's for the multiprotocol external module, with provisions for a knob for selecting the protocol. That module has an on-board CPU (like the deviaiton multimodule), only it uses a single wire protocol to talk to the CPU so it will work in an external transmitter module bay.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
20 Apr 2017 00:27 - 20 Apr 2017 00:34 #61601 by DSantapaola

mwm wrote: That case isn't even for the deviation 4-in-1 module. It's for the multiprotocol external module, with provisions for a knob for selecting the protocol. That module has an on-board CPU (like the deviaiton multimodule), only it uses a single wire protocol to talk to the CPU so it will work in an external transmitter module bay.

Thanks for your reply, mwm!

Are you referring to the last line. Ooops... . Are the following settings correct now for the devo 8 (using A13 for the 24l01 and B3 for the 7105)?

[modules]
; there is no need to enable the cyrf6936 module unless
; it is wired to an alternate port. It is Enabled automatically otherwise
enable-cyrf6936 = B12
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
enable-a7105 = B3
has_pa-a7105 = 1
enable-cc2500 = A14
has_pa-cc2500 = 1
enable-nrf24l01 = A13
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A13

I don't know what "has_pa-xxx means = 1/0" means. But it doesn't matter. I only need the right value... i think, i hope. Sooorry, I don't always know what I'm doing...
Last edit: 20 Apr 2017 00:34 by DSantapaola.

More
20 Apr 2017 05:01 - 20 Apr 2017 05:15 #61607 by Texacate

DSantapaola wrote: I don't know what "has_pa-xxx means = 1/0" means. But it doesn't matter. I only need the right value... i think, i hope. Sooorry, I don't always know what I'm doing...

I have been looking for that information too.

My understanding is' "has_pa-xxx" means: has a power amplifier. Some RF modules have a separate chip that amplifies the RF signal to to 150mw or so. Other RF modules do not have such an amplifier, and the RF power is limited to what ever the main chip can deliver to the antenna. I believe both the 4-in-1 and the 3-in-1 do have a power amplifier, so the appropriate setting would be the value 1.

I believe the 1 or 0 values tell the firmware whether or not to enable the power adjustment features in the menus. (10mw, 30mw, 100mw 150mw, etc.)

Someone please correct me if this is not accurate.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2017 05:15 by Texacate. Reason: spelling

More
20 Apr 2017 05:07 #61608 by Texacate

vlad_vy wrote: I use single wire from any multi-strand wire (about 16-22 AWG). Bend the wire 90 degree, solder from MCU side, bend over top of MCU, cut at center of MCU, solder thick wire and glue to the top of MCU by foamy sticky tape.

This is a better suggestion than my earlier idea of using magnet wire. The varnish insulation on magnet wire is designed to be tough and difficult to penetrate. Multi strand wires tends to be tinned already, and solder adheres much better.

More
20 Apr 2017 06:18 #61609 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Mission Impossible - Failed

Texacate wrote: My understanding is' "has_pa-xxx" means: has a power amplifier. Some RF modules have a separate chip that amplifies the RF signal to to 150mw or so. Other RF modules do not have such an amplifier, and the RF power is limited to what ever the main chip can deliver to the antenna. I believe both the 4-in-1 and the 3-in-1 do have a power amplifier, so the appropriate setting would be the value 1.

I believe the 1 or 0 values tell the firmware whether or not to enable the power adjustment features in the menus. (10mw, 30mw, 100mw 150mw, etc.)

Someone please correct me if this is not accurate.

That's right.

BTW the power indication is only true for the stock CYRF module with a PA (i.e. for Devo 6, 8, 10, 12, 12E), but not for the other modules...

More
22 Apr 2017 23:42 #61694 by DSantapaola
I had to resign... :( I dropped the 7015 module. Nevertheless, I tried some models. They work well :) I can fly all my helis with the Devo now. That's the most important thing.

Thanks to all for your help! I'm sorry, that I wasted your time. I will take a soldering course...

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds