Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
09 Mar 2016 10:14 #44318 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Well, I have forgot about the built in CYRF module!
So we should switch off the PA/LNA of the 3-in-1 module when a CYRF based protocol is selected too...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2016 10:25 - 09 Mar 2016 12:21 #44319 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
In 3-1.4-1 tunner PA/LNA chip is common for all RF chips.
There is in CYRF reset code shutdown for PA\LNA.Idk about deviation other modes but imo only for swithching protocols no need to do anything.

The code will do nothing because with tuner TXEN and RXEN pin are not connected with GPIO pins.If you want full control you can connect PAEN and LNA EN to 2 available STM chip pin and small modification of the code.

int CYRF_Reset()
{
#if HAS_MULTIMOD_SUPPORT || (defined(HAS_CYRF_RESET) && ! HAS_CYRF_RESET)
CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_1D_MODE_OVERRIDE, 0x01);
Delay(200);
/* Reset the CYRF chip */
#else
RS_HI();
Delay(100);
RS_LO();
Delay(100);
#endif
CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_0C_XTAL_CTRL, 0xC0); //Enable XOUT as GPIO
CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_0D_IO_CFG, 0x04); //Enable PACTL as GPIO
CYRF_SetTxRxMode(TXRX_OFF);
//Verify the CYRD chip is responding
return (CYRF_ReadRegister(CYRF_10_FRAMING_CFG) == 0xa5);
}
Last edit: 09 Mar 2016 12:21 by midelic.

More
09 Mar 2016 18:10 #44336 by Jeffers
Replied by Jeffers on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Any idea when BG might have it listed or what they might list it as?

More
10 Mar 2016 00:08 - 10 Mar 2016 03:32 #44343 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

FDR wrote: 1. So you can replicate that change externally by connecting an additional 1K5 resistor between th LNAEN and Vcc
2. Do you know why is that?

Can't find 1K5 resistor I used 1K2 instead, I did a indoor test , it seems OK so far.

Jeffers wrote: Any idea when BG might have it listed or what they might list it as?

Sorry, I have no information about Banggood, maybe Seby can help to confirm with Banggood.

I contacted TaoBao seller,he told me Banggood will get all modules next week, it should start to sell module one week later.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 03:32 by dc59.

More
10 Mar 2016 05:02 - 10 Mar 2016 05:03 #44350 by dc59
I downloaded 4in1 module data from TaoBao seller's database, I found this

I think it uses same PPM module FW as midelic's post on RCGroup " DIY Multiprotocol TX Module "
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 05:03 by dc59.

More
10 Mar 2016 06:26 - 10 Mar 2016 06:35 #44354 by midelic
Yes it is mentioned in product description at Taobao seller it is made for multiprotocol.
Nobody asked us anything about , so we had no ties with the seller.
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 06:35 by midelic.

More
10 Mar 2016 06:39 #44355 by dc59

midelic wrote: Yes it is mentioned in product description at Taobao seller it is made for multiprotocol.
Nobody asked us anything about , so we had no ties with the seller.

Thanks midelic for reply.
Could it be supported by Multiprotocol project continually in future?

More
10 Mar 2016 07:46 - 10 Mar 2016 07:48 #44356 by midelic
Multiprotocol is going ahead anyway in parallel with Deviation it is opensource .Now it has FrskyX protocol plus many others.More focus on integration with er9x/ersky9X/Opentx(Taranis)TX.
More details.
here:
github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 07:48 by midelic.

More
10 Mar 2016 10:21 #44369 by dc59

midelic wrote: Multiprotocol is going ahead anyway in parallel with Deviation it is opensource .Now it has FrskyX protocol plus many others.More focus on integration with er9x/ersky9X/Opentx(Taranis)TX.
More details.
here:
github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module

Thanks a lot. :lol:

More
10 Mar 2016 11:11 #44371 by Jeffers
Replied by Jeffers on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Fantastic I'll keep looking and post a link if I find it first.

More
10 Mar 2016 17:58 #44385 by Tamis
Replied by Tamis on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi everyone,

I'm about to do the Universal MultiModule mod on my Devo 10 and I've just discovered this new option.
I have trouble deciding what option is the best and if I should wait to see if this "all-in-one board" solution gets better as time goes on.

Could you please share your opinion ?

More
10 Mar 2016 18:56 - 10 Mar 2016 19:00 #44388 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Tamis wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm about to do the Universal MultiModule mod on my Devo 10 and I've just discovered this new option.
I have trouble deciding what option is the best and if I should wait to see if this "all-in-one board" solution gets better as time goes on.

Could you please share your opinion ?

You have me a bit confused. I don't think there is a Universal MultiModule

There is:

1. Multi-Module
2. Single-Board Universal Module

Which are you talking about? ...or are you talking about one that is a modular one that plugs in to the DSC socket?

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 19:00 by RedSleds.

More
10 Mar 2016 21:18 - 10 Mar 2016 21:19 #44407 by Tamis
Hi RedSleds,

I was repeating the "name" used on the video I was about to follow (Tutorial on Universal MultiModule building for DeviationTX) done in 2014 :

It seems he clearly means #1 (multi-module) since it's referring to : bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/w...ing_the_Multi-Module
I just discovered the Single-Board Universal Module, thanks to the (same) guy that made this video, he pointed me to this thread.

Sorry for that !
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 21:19 by Tamis.

More
10 Mar 2016 22:25 #44409 by RedSleds
It all really depends on if you want multiple antennae (either on the inside of your Tx, or on the Tx's exterior A.K.A. "the porcupine") for each transceiver added.

....or just a single antenna on your Tx that is common to all of the transceivers.

Personally, if you are wanting a single antenna, I would wait for the 3-in-1 & 4-in-1 to develop for a while longer.

If you can live with multiple antennae, go with the Multi-module. It is already proven to be reliable. On my DEVO 10, to avoid making it a porcupine, I have the external antenna hooked up to the transceiver that I use the most, and the other 3 hooked up to 3 internally placed antennae.

It seems that the "official" Deviation Single-Board Universal Module being developed by PhracturedBlue is at a standstill. I am not sure if these 3-in-1 & 4-in-1 are a direct off-shoot of PB's project and board design, or not, I haven't really been keeping close tabs on it as I am using the Multi-Module in my current Tx. If I get another DEVO Tx, I will look in to it a bit deeper

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.

More
11 Mar 2016 00:29 - 11 Mar 2016 00:31 #44410 by dc59
I want to remove 3in1 from my DEVO10 and install 4in1 into it , TaoBao seller give me a solution to solve PE1/PE2 selection problem as below,

I think it's possible to work, but it's not convenience to use, I have to switch DIP when I change different RF chip, is it possible to use a Arduino nano/Pro mini or other MUC like this one

to deal with this thing?

I don't know about code & FW, need some help about this.

If it's too difficult to do it myself, I will try DIP SW first, thanks a lot.

EDIT: Of course,I will take stock CYRF6936 out.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Mar 2016 00:31 by dc59.

More
12 Mar 2016 02:06 #44446 by Tamis

RedSleds wrote: It all really depends on if you want multiple antennae (either on the inside of your Tx, or on the Tx's exterior A.K.A. "the porcupine") for each transceiver added.
....or just a single antenna on your Tx that is common to all of the transceivers.
Personally, if you are wanting a single antenna, I would wait for the 3-in-1 & 4-in-1 to develop for a while longer.
If you can live with multiple antennae, go with the Multi-module. It is already proven to be reliable. On my DEVO 10, to avoid making it a porcupine, I have the external antenna hooked up to the transceiver that I use the most, and the other 3 hooked up to 3 internally placed antennae.
It seems that the "official" Deviation Single-Board Universal Module being developed by PhracturedBlue is at a standstill. I am not sure if these 3-in-1 & 4-in-1 are a direct off-shoot of PB's project and board design, or not, I haven't really been keeping close tabs on it as I am using the Multi-Module in my current Tx. If I get another DEVO Tx, I will look in to it a bit deeper

Hi RedSleds,

Thanks a lot for clarifying things up for me !
"the porcupine" problem does not bother me that much but I would much prefer a solution using a single antenna, one that is out of course.
The thing is that I bought all the needed components to do the Multi-module mod. I also have the feeling it will take some time for the Single-Board Universal Module to be truly effective in terms of range.
Are you not loosing range with the internal antennas ?

Thanks a lot and take care !

More
12 Mar 2016 03:52 #44448 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Can we agree on terminology here?

Multimodule - the existing, well-supported attiny + 3 or 4 RF plug-in RF modules that has been around for a couple of years. Requires an antenna for each rf module.

Universal module: PB's in-development board that was a plug-in replacement for the CYRF module in the 6/8/10/12, including 4 SMD rf modules, as well as a bluetooth module in later versions. Design goal was to fit in a JR external module so the DIY multiprotocol module folks could use it as well.

3-in-1 and 4-in-1 modules: the two modules being discussed here. The 4-in-1 looks like it was lifted from the DIY multiprotocol module (but I'm not sure), and the 3-in-1 may have been inspired by the universal module, but is generally unrelated to it: it isn't a drop-in replacement for any existing module, doesn't have bluetooth support, and requires you to connect up chip select lines for each of the three modules, which I don't believe the Universal module required.

If you've already got the parts for a multimodule, I'd just do that. The only real advantage of a 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 board is fewer antennas. And you may even get better range with internal antennas on a multimodule than with those boards, at least the way they are now. I also get the impression that current versions of the 3-in-1 doesn't properly shut down the PA when the built-in CYRF is in use, which will mean higher power drain than necessary, though other factors may mean it uses less power overall.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 Mar 2016 05:39 - 12 Mar 2016 05:41 #44449 by RedSleds

Tamis wrote: Hi RedSleds,

Thanks a lot for clarifying things up for me !
"the porcupine" problem does not bother me that much but I would much prefer a solution using a single antenna, one that is out of course.
The thing is that I bought all the needed components to do the Multi-module mod. I also have the feeling it will take some time for the Single-Board Universal Module to be truly effective in terms of range.
Are you not loosing range with the internal antennas ?

Thanks a lot and take care !

Check my RCGroups blog page for how I did my Multi-Module in a DEVO 10.
>>> www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2441459 <<<

All of the technical information you will need are in PB's bitbucket wiki pages:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleInstallation
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleList
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/w...ing_the_Multi-Module

Last edit: 12 Mar 2016 05:41 by RedSleds.

More
12 Mar 2016 08:23 - 12 Mar 2016 08:25 #44454 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
wiring up the 3-in-1 and everything works fine.

Protocol tested:
A7105-flysky-v911
NRF2401-KN-v931
CC2500-Frsky
power output looks good with my spectrum analyser

the seller said my board has already done the LNA tie-up and need no modification until a new firmware support is available.
I have also suggested him to development a 4-in-1 board with CYRF so that 1) operates on only a single antenna 2) no need to do the diode mod in 7e

cmPang
Last edit: 12 Mar 2016 08:25 by cmpang.

More
12 Mar 2016 09:43 - 12 Mar 2016 09:43 #44458 by dc59

cmpang wrote: wiring up the 3-in-1 and everything works fine.

Protocol tested:
A7105-flysky-v911
NRF2401-KN-v931
CC2500-Frsky
power output looks good with my spectrum analyser

the seller said my board has already done the LNA tie-up and need no modification until a new firmware support is available.
I have also suggested him to development a 4-in-1 board with CYRF so that 1) operates on only a single antenna 2) no need to do the diode mod in 7e

cmPang

Hi cmPang,
Thanks for shearing those information , spectrum analyzer data is much more reliable than I tested on foot :P
It seems power output no problem on 3-in-1 module,that's a really good news, and 4-in-1 module is HERE .
Last edit: 12 Mar 2016 09:43 by dc59.

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds