Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
13 Aug 2016 07:49 - 02 Sep 2016 19:47 #52718 by valley_nomad
Replied by valley_nomad on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

BirdBarber wrote:

robpur wrote: ...One possible remaining issue could be the long antenna trace...

Does anybody know if the long trace may effect higher power differently than lower power?

It turns out that the length of RF feedline or transmission line is irrelevant. What is important is its width which should be chosen such that it has the impedance of 50ohm at 2.4Ghz. Hopefully the daughter board was done with the right RF PCB design tools which has taken care of the issue.

I have completed my Devo 10 mod. It was super easy and clean. So far I have tested it briefly with X5C-1, X8G, CX-10, CX Stars and Proto-X Nano without issue.

I still have several latest version 4-in-1 modules with Devo 10 daughter boards for someone in US who want to get it quickly or don't want to deal with Chinese website. Just PM me if interested.

Update: All 4-in-1 modules are gone.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2016 19:47 by valley_nomad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2016 14:24 #52874 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

NathanBarguss wrote: So a quick update, from my build thread doctortim has suggested that the poor performance I'm seeing (Lag on the StmaX4) could be linked with counterfeit nrf24l01's... Has anyone had experience of this?

I'm going to take the top off my 4-in-1, but if its a case that they're using 'bad' fakes, makes it kinda dissapointing if that's the reason for the poor performance with auto-ack.

Reference:
forum.mysensors.org/topic/1153/we-are-mo...fakes-are-emerging/7

Is this still a problem?

More
18 Aug 2016 16:26 #52875 by NathanBarguss
Replied by NathanBarguss on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi wasp09,

Apologies for the radio silence, I've been out in sweeten and away from either the radio or quads.

It's still an issue for me; unable to get the X7 to fly with the 4-in-1 board, however the X5C and CX10 fiy fine. I've got some changes staged in the YD717 protocol, but I've not had chance to get them loaded onto my 7e and give it a go. - Basically skipping waiting for an ack and continuing transmission.

I'm hoping to give it a go tonight; and will update as soon as I can.

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
18 Aug 2016 17:11 - 19 Aug 2016 02:39 #52876 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Well I ordered 2 more 4-In-1s from Valley_Nomad last weekend and got them yesterday. They are indeed factory sealed current production models with the 13 pin 4-In-1 and Devo daughterboard. I think he may still have some more left. He wants $47 for them including shipping from California. I ordered my first one direct from Taobao and it cost me $52 by the time I paid the shipping and Purchasing Agent / Freight Forwarder fees.

Here is his post with the details:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=760#52438
Last edit: 19 Aug 2016 02:39 by BirdBarber.

More
18 Aug 2016 17:34 #52877 by wayp55
Replied by wayp55 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hello, I installed my 3-1 yesterday. I bought this board at banggood in April with theory LNA issue. How I can check if really I have this fail?
Thanks

pda. I use deviation 4.0.1

More
18 Aug 2016 23:23 #52885 by NathanBarguss
Replied by NathanBarguss on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

wasp09 wrote:

NathanBarguss wrote: So a quick update, from my build thread doctortim has suggested that the poor performance I'm seeing (Lag on the StmaX4) could be linked with counterfeit nrf24l01's... Has anyone had experience of this?

I'm going to take the top off my 4-in-1, but if its a case that they're using 'bad' fakes, makes it kinda dissapointing if that's the reason for the poor performance with auto-ack.

Reference:

Is this still a problem?

Hi wasp09,

So I got chance to check out my theory, and as others have suggested it is a problem with the nrf24l01 in the 4-in-1 i received. It's not supporting Auto-Ack properly.

I branched the 5.0 source, and added a user option to the YD717 protocol to allow quick disabling of Auto-Ack. With AA enabled, there's significant lag, all the way up to several seconds, as soon as it's dissabled, the Syma X7 flies as well as any of my other quads.

Not sure what this means for using the 4-in-1 nrf24l01 for telemetry, but at least it gets me flying with my Syma again!

The changes I made are minimal but are here if anyone wants to see how little changed.
github.com/NathanBarguss/deviation/blob/...col/yd717_nrf24l01.c

And this is the difference dissabling AA made:

I'll attach my YD717.mod in case it's usefull for anyone.

Cheers,
Nathan.
Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2016 14:29 #52902 by TheSFReader
Replied by TheSFReader on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Well done Nathan.

Does anyone know if the same problem exists in the 3-in-1 module ? (probably...)

More
19 Aug 2016 22:24 - 19 Aug 2016 22:27 #52915 by valley_nomad

NathanBarguss wrote:

wasp09 wrote:

Reference:

Is this still a problem?

Hi wasp09,

So I got chance to check out my theory, and as others have suggested it is a problem with the nrf24l01 in the 4-in-1 i received. It's not supporting Auto-Ack properly.

I branched the 5.0 source, and added a user option to the YD717 protocol to allow quick disabling of Auto-Ack. With AA enabled, there's significant lag, all the way up to several seconds, as soon as it's dissabled, the Syma X7 flies as well as any of my other quads.

Not sure what this means for using the 4-in-1 nrf24l01 for telemetry, but at least it gets me flying with my Syma again!

The changes I made are minimal but are here if anyone wants to see how little changed.

Cheers,
Nathan.

Thanks for sharing.

My understanding on AA is that it transmits ack message automatically in the receiving mode without manually (via software) switching to transmitting mode. This can be tricky when using this chip with an external PA/LA in which the mode may be controlled only by software.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2016 22:27 by valley_nomad.

More
22 Aug 2016 17:49 - 24 Aug 2016 20:12 #53009 by wasp09

NathanBarguss wrote:

wasp09 wrote:

Reference:

Is this still a problem?

Hi wasp09,

Cheers,
Nathan.

Nathan,

Thanks for the good work. That gives me a new choice in case the RF modules I just added to my devo 10 fail, assuming I can order the correct 4 in 1 module and does not break the bank to ship it to Canada. :)

Basically it implies control of the shared LNA still isn't perfect on the 4 in 1.

Perhaps it is not a bad thing in disabling AA on deviation after all, since range with AA would be dependant on the transmit ability of the RX, usually it isn't the best even without 4 in 1 involved.

You should try submitting this change so that everybody can benefit from it. I don't see any harm implemented as an option for the protocol.

Regards.

BTW, telemetry may still be OK when AA is not. Try it out, For AA to work, nrf24l01 needs full control of the shared PA/LNA even when the TX MCU has finished addressing it.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2016 20:12 by wasp09.

More
24 Aug 2016 19:49 #53077 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Just received my 3 in 1 module from banggood, and looks all good. On the back side it says V1.0. Is this an older version or is there any other version all? I am asking because i want to know if some early problems are fixed, or may exist in this module i just received. Thank you.

More
25 Aug 2016 01:11 #53081 by valley_nomad

Fer wrote: Just received my 3 in 1 module from banggood, and looks all good. On the back side it says V1.0. Is this an older version or is there any other version all? I am asking because i want to know if some early problems are fixed, or may exist in this module i just received. Thank you.

Mine was shipped in the second batch from BG several months ago. It doesn't have any version marker. So hopefully yours is newer version that fixed the LNA problem.

More
26 Aug 2016 06:47 #53112 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Fer wrote: Just received my 3 in 1 module from banggood, and looks all good. On the back side it says V1.0. Is this an older version or is there any other version all? I am asking because i want to know if some early problems are fixed, or may exist in this module i just received. Thank you.

I have confirmed this with TaoBao seller,he told me there was nothing had been changed for 3 in1 module , the difference between V1.0 and without printing is production date.

More
26 Aug 2016 09:50 #53114 by Fer

dc59 wrote:

I have confirmed this with TaoBao seller,he told me there was nothing had been changed for 3 in1 module , the difference between V1.0 and without printing is production date.

So, Taobao says nothing has been changed, but on the banggod product forum when someone asked if the LNA problem had been fixed banggood replyed that "The seller says this item does not have that problem". So, they fixed it, ignored it, or it never existed... I don't know. And i don't know how to test either. Anyway i have installed the module with the great help of the pictures and instuctions on this forum and everything works smooth until now. I have flown with several quads with no problems, but i have yet to test many many more, including my DSM2 and DSMX Helis and Planes. But i have no reason to believe there will be a problem. It works fine.

More
26 Aug 2016 10:08 #53119 by dc59
Confirmed it again with TaoBao seller(designer),got this information.

He told me 3in1 has no changed,but 4in1 has been improved.
Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2016 10:24 #53120 by Fer
:( :( :( :(

Why why why didn't they share this information earlier?

forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-159174.html Here is the question in banggood forum. It says that the seller informed them that there isn't such a problem.

Ok, so it does have the problem... what does it affect? I feel so dissapointed...

More
26 Aug 2016 14:48 - 26 Aug 2016 15:00 #53121 by wasp09

dc59 wrote: Confirmed it again with TaoBao seller(designer),got this information.

He told me 3in1 has no changed,but 4in1 has been improved.

nRF24L01 on 4 in 1 should be as the shared PNA and LNA don't work correctly for auto ack.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Aug 2016 15:00 by wasp09.

More
26 Aug 2016 21:18 #53124 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Fer wrote: :( :( :( :(

forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-159174.html Here is the question in banggood forum. It says that the seller informed them that there isn't such a problem.

Ok, so it does have the problem... what does it affect? I feel so dissapointed...

It means your telemetry range will suck, except we don't have any nrf24l01 protocols with telemetry enabled, though there is code for it in the yd717 and cflie protocols. Of more concern is that the nrf24l01 has an acknowledgement feature. If that is being used, then this problem can reduce your range and can cause control lag. Most protocols don't use it, but the v202, ne260 and yd717 do. It can apparently safely be turned off in the YD717 protocol; not sure about the others.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Aug 2016 21:25 - 26 Aug 2016 21:26 #53125 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
is this the function used by the cx10 blue when binding?
Last edit: 26 Aug 2016 21:26 by HappyHarry.

More
27 Aug 2016 23:37 #53176 by dc59
I used CX10-Green protocol and has no problem with 3in1 on 7E, is CX10-Green need "auto ack"?

More
28 Aug 2016 14:28 #53205 by joloebig
Replied by joloebig on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Fer wrote: :( :( :( :(

can anybody provide a link to a working modul?
i need telemetry working on A7105 and NRF24L01 only for Assan Protocol (no telemetry)
thx in adv.
Jo

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds