Blade 300x with AR7200BX BeastX

More
28 Nov 2012 11:49 - 28 Nov 2012 11:53 #3341 by Hexperience
Blade 300x with AR7200BX BeastX was created by Hexperience
This is my first try at the AR7200bx. It works, but all I have done is low test hovers so far. (partly due to weather)

Always check for reversed controls! I don't have stock servos so you may need to reverse something.

RUD D/R switch is throttle hold...
60% rates on cyclic
Linear throttle curve
1 pitch curve (almost no negative pitch, 70% positive pitch)

This config is just for testing/hovering/normal flight. I wanted to make sure the AR7200Bx was working well with deviation.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Nov 2012 11:53 by Hexperience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2013 19:49 #6018 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic Blade 300x with AR7200BX BeastX
Thank you Hex!

I just binded and powered up to check everything (no flight yet due to weather) :(
All I had to do was reverse the tail servo. :)

The helicopter looks nice though. I can't wait to fly! We got sort of buried with snow last night. I've still gotta shovel.

More
04 Feb 2013 20:05 - 04 Feb 2013 20:09 #6019 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Blade 300x with AR7200BX BeastX
Good stuff!

Just something to think about... when I posted that DSMX was not an option in deviation. I have since changed the protocol to dsmx and set the number of channels to 7. However, the last time I tried to fly it, it wanted to tip over on me. I have some testing to do on that one for sure.

ALSO!!! Very important to check the gyro direction! If you have a stock ar7200bx you should be ok. When I reversed my servo, I also had to reverse the gyro direction in the BX settings. However, because you never did that, you should just need to have to reverse the channel (as you did).

Update your 12s yet? ;)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2013 20:09 by Hexperience.

More
04 Feb 2013 20:14 #6020 by Rain4LA
No, I haven't "updated" the 12s yet (if you mean flash to Deviation by "update") :)

I really like the 12s right now the way it is. It's kind of a luxury to be able to have both. (I just got my 8s back today! THANKS TO PB!!!)

So I feel pretty set right now.

I wonder if changing the protocol on your 300x to DSMX would have anything to do with it wanting to tip? It doesn't make sense. But again, I haven't even hovered mine yet. Update me on any new findings with that one. I'm really excited to fly it. I ordered some $18.00 carbon blades I found on ebay.

More
04 Feb 2013 21:24 #6023 by Rain4LA

Hexperience wrote: Good stuff!

Just something to think about... when I posted that DSMX was not an option in deviation. I have since changed the protocol to dsmx and set the number of channels to 7. However, the last time I tried to fly it, it wanted to tip over on me. I have some testing to do on that one for sure.

Hey, I was just checking... DSMX still isn't a choice in my list of protocols? Where are you seeing it?

More
04 Feb 2013 22:35 #6026 by Hexperience
What version are you running?

More
05 Feb 2013 00:38 #6028 by Rain4LA
devo8-v2.1.1

I just got it back from PB and he flashed the newest one on there. But DSMX is definitely not showing up.

:blink:

More
05 Feb 2013 01:13 #6029 by Hexperience
I guess he flashed the latest stable release. You can grab an experimental one, or just use dsm2 until he does the next stable release.

More
05 Feb 2013 01:39 #6030 by Rain4LA
Yeah, I've had enough issues for right now. I think I'll wait for whatever has the STABLE blessing applied to it.
:)

Thanks Hex!

More
05 Feb 2013 01:48 - 05 Feb 2013 01:51 #6031 by Hexperience
So I just tried to hover my 300x again, and good news is that it is broken in both deviation and Dx6i. It's not a problem with deviation because the ar7200bx is cutting out with either TX.

And I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the ar7200 now. It will just start to hover, then the power will kick off, then if you move the throttle stick down it will stick at whatever it was. Even if I move the stick all the way down it's still about %60 power for a few seconds. Then if I "wiggle" it up and down a little I get control back.

The bad news is now I have to send it back to HH. I wonder if I can just get a refund from the place I bought it... I'll check with them first and then send it back to HH. I hope I can get my money back because then I can get 2 more v450d03's!

Last edit: 05 Feb 2013 01:51 by Hexperience.

More
05 Feb 2013 03:01 #6032 by Rain4LA
Yeah, that's true with the pricing. I'm hoping I won't have those kind of issues. I'm looking forward to flying it. Horizon will most likely replace the Rx, but who knows.... They might replace the whole thing. They've replaced 3 helicopters for me. They're good about that. Though it sounds like you just want your money back.

Anyway, thanks for your help - and good luck with the return!

More
05 Feb 2013 03:57 - 05 Feb 2013 04:00 #6033 by Hexperience
Well I managed to quickly install an rx2702v that I had here. Took me awhile to remember that gyro/rx needs CCPM 120.

I haven't removed the BeastX it's still in the bottom, and the rx2702 is on the top! ;)

Lots of tweaking to do, but I was able to hover off the rest of the battery. So I know that the ESC is ok. Lots of bad vibes... Figuratively and literally. :)

So it was also a test of the 2801 protocol and it seemed ok with the devo12s.

I now have a CopterX 250 with a 2618v-d, a Blade 300 with a 2702v and soon a 500 flybar with the 1202. (Who needs DSM?! ;) )

Last edit: 05 Feb 2013 04:00 by Hexperience.

More
05 Feb 2013 05:12 - 05 Feb 2013 05:39 #6034 by clearprop88
Replied by clearprop88 on topic Blade 300x with AR7200BX BeastX
I just installed a 2702V in my 300X. I had to reverse E,A,R, and set the AIL SWASH to -60, but I haven't flown it yet. Those are the settings in my 2801 Pro TX that I use for setups. I'll transfer the settings over to my Devo 8 when I'm ready to fly it.
Are those the settings you used?
I tried the Ar7200BX in the 300X, but it was tipping to the right on spoolup. I was using a DX6i TX to fly it. I put the training gear on, took off and flew around, and it was fine.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the BX, it's just the nature of the beast to be tippy on spoolup.
For now I feel more comfortable using the 2702V instead of the BX.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2013 05:39 by clearprop88. Reason: correction

More
07 Feb 2013 17:19 #6129 by Rain4LA
I'm seriously thinking about buying a DX6i so I can go through the settings the way the manual says to do on the 300X. I'm also having problems with my 130X, and to get any help from HH, I need to have a Spektrum Tx so I can communicate with them on their turf.

What do you think?

More
07 Feb 2013 18:33 #6132 by clearprop88
Check out the video on thids thread;
TOPIC: Help - run away servo
Post #6069
I haven't tried it yet, but it might help to settle down the 130X.

I bought a DX6i just to use with my new 130X, and 300X.
They seem to be easy to sell, so after I'm finished with it I'll sell it.
I plan to move the DSM heli's to my Devo 8.

More
30 Apr 2013 11:56 #9386 by Lars
Replied by Lars on topic Blade 300x with AR7200BX BeastX
Hi, ok i just Binded my new Blade 300x with Spectrum 7200 Beast X to my Devo 8 on Deviation 3.00. Used the DMSX and 7 channels. No problem binding.

I used the settings file from Hexperience in this thread. Thank you ! All i adjusted was that i reversed the rudder.

Hope we can post Blade 300x/AR7200BX settings here. I will develop settings på normal 3D settings.

I just got back in from flying two batteries on it. Sweat, even though tail actually wagged some..

/Lars

More
30 Apr 2013 21:50 #9423 by Hexperience
Glad to hear it worked Lars... Yes please post your settings as well!

My 300x is still waiting in the box to go back to HH.

More
30 Apr 2013 22:07 #9425 by Scream
Replied by Scream on topic Blade 300x with AR7200BX BeastX
Whats up gentlemen!

I thought I was clever and getting the hang of this... had no probs with the 130x as far as controls go... (vibes were a separate issue!) and heres where it gets funny:

I figured if I copied my comfy 130x settings to a new model slot, bound (as dsmx) to the beastyX without any problems removed the bind plug, power cycled again and checked the servos I'd be good to go... I get in the air... everthing was backwards!?! I'm not even sure what was backwards cause I wasn't in one piece long enough :(

300x doesn't crash, it explodes just like in Phoenix :)

If I take the posted config with out of the box default 7200 settings and reverse the rudder, I'll be good to go with possibly some main page configury on a devo 10?

Thanks!
-=S=-

PS-don't forget to order the !@#$ing sticky pad to remount the beastX regardless of where you decide to replace it to the new frame ;)

Cheers!
-=S=-

More
29 May 2013 23:18 - 29 May 2013 23:26 #10429 by Hexperience

Scream wrote: I figured if I copied my comfy 130x settings to a new model slot, bound (as dsmx) to the beastyX without any problems removed the bind plug, power cycled again and checked the servos I'd be good to go... I get in the air... everthing was backwards!?! I'm not even sure what was backwards cause I wasn't in one piece long enough :(

Hard lesson to learn, but I don't think you'll ever forget it now...

Anyway, as requested, here's my config from my Devo12. This time everything is stock, including the tail servo.

I haven't had very much air time with this config. Just a hover this morning because I got my 300x back yesterday. I have the low rates set to 65 which is TOO low. I switched up to 80% right away and it felt better.

My hold is on the Throttle Hold switch! So watch that if you have a devo8 etc. Flight modes on F0-1-2, Rate for BOTH Aileron and Elevator are on the AIL D/R switch.

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 May 2013 23:26 by Hexperience.

More
31 May 2013 04:59 #10454 by clearprop88
I noticed on the 300X thread that you had a crash on your 2nd flight with the BX.
One thing you should check is Parameter Menu item "B" in your BX.
The default setting for this item is (SPORT). It's a preprogrammed control behavior. If you have this setting you can't have D/R or Expo in your TX. It conflicts with the control program.
If you want to use D/R, and Expo then select (Transmitter - Blue Solid) in the same menu item.

I appreciate your help with my Throttle problem. I'll eventually get it sorted out.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds