Futaba FHSS Protocol?

More
24 Dec 2017 02:22 #66594 by Brett_N
Futaba FHSS Protocol? was created by Brett_N
Has anyone dug into this? I found an old old old thread when the CC2500 first came around, but couldn't find anything new.

Have one plane that uses FHSS (Volantex) and it won't bind with S-FHSS... (well, I can't get S-FHSS to re-init...) Maybe that's a problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 05:08 #66981 by neurodr
Replied by neurodr on topic Futaba FHSS Protocol?
I have an XK A600 plane that also uses the S-FHSS protocol. Can't get it to bind using the CC2500 in the 4IN1 RF chip.

More
19 Jan 2018 05:10 #66982 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Futaba FHSS Protocol?
Try to use "Freq-Fine" protocol option with step 10.

More
19 Jan 2018 05:22 #66984 by neurodr
I did increments of 10 and even 5 in both fine and coarse options. I am using the T8SG tx which has some significant range issues on other planes I've bound with, so maybe that's part of my problem.

More
19 Jan 2018 07:35 - 19 Jan 2018 07:39 #66988 by ramunas
Replied by ramunas on topic Futaba FHSS Protocol?
I just did a bind to my A600. I just turn the transmitter on first. Plug in receiver, and the red led flashes. Press the bind button on receiver for 1-2 seconds until red led goes off. And then just wait for a few seconds and both the red and blue leds come on to indicate success. In my case the successful fine frequency range is about 80 counts wide. The quickest way to center it is do not turn off after binding - immediately go to fine frequency and run it in the + direction until you lose the red light - back up and make note of the freq value where the red light comes back on - do the same in the - frequency direction until you again lose the red light, and make note of the freq value where the red light comes back on. The center is midway between those two values. If you did not even get a successful blue light bind at the beginning, I would just do it again with a starting frequency value of +50, and then -50 if necessary, since the successful frequency range seems to be quite wide. No real need to search with small steps on this one.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2018 07:39 by ramunas. Reason: spelling

More
19 Jan 2018 07:44 #66989 by neurodr

ramunas wrote: I just did a bind to my A600. I just turn the transmitter on first. Plug in receiver, and the red led flashes. Press the bind button on receiver for 1-2 seconds until red led goes off. And then just wait for a few seconds and both the red and blue leds come on to indicate success. In my case the successful fine frequency range is about 80 counts wide. The quickest way to center it is do not turn off after binding - immediately go to fine frequency and run it in the + direction until you lose the red light - back up and make note of the freq value where the red light comes back on - do the same in the - frequency direction until you again lose the red light, and make note of the freq value where the red light comes back on. The center is midway between those two values. If you did not even get a successful blue light bind at the beginning, I would just do it again with a starting frequency value of +50, and then -50 if necessary, since the successful frequency range seems to be quite wide. No real need to search with small steps on this one.

Which transmitter were you using?

More
19 Jan 2018 08:16 #66992 by ramunas
I am using a first batch T8SG.

More
19 Feb 2018 14:24 #67586 by Alvarez
Replied by Alvarez on topic Futaba FHSS Protocol?
I'm using a irange ir8m and a xk a600
Do you think that i'm able to bind It? there are any difference between the t8sg and the irange yo bind the a600?
Sorry about my English level

More
19 Feb 2018 21:40 #67593 by ramunas
Both of those transmitters are copies of the Devo7e, running deviation software. So if it is a good successful copy, it should be able to bind to the A600 the same way. Remember you do have to press the bind button on the A600 receiver as discussed above.

More
19 Feb 2018 22:26 #67595 by Alvarez
Thanks you very much but i have a question because i don't understand very well the instruction above
what number should I put in each section yo bind it?
Freq-fine
Freq-coarse
Because i don't able to bind It because the transmitter only put "re-unit"

More
19 Feb 2018 23:03 - 20 Feb 2018 01:44 #67599 by ramunas
To start the process above, just select S-FHSS for protocol. Initially leave Freq-fine and Freq-coarse at 0. Don't do anything else at the transmitter, just plug in the receiver and see if you can get the A600 receiver leds to follow the sequence discussed above when you press the A600 receiver bind button.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 01:44 by ramunas. Reason: spelling

More
20 Feb 2018 03:16 #67605 by Brett_N
Replied by Brett_N on topic Futaba FHSS Protocol?
Alvarez - if you want to post up your .ini model file, I'll test it with my A600

More
20 Feb 2018 06:28 #67613 by Alvarez
thank you very much to both of us I will try to do bind the weekend

More
20 Feb 2018 22:22 #67641 by Alvarez
I have tried It today and I have got bind the transmitter with the plane
All work correctly and i have done a range test in very bad conditions (one wallpaper bettwen the transmitter and me) and I have got 5 metres en range mod and i think is very succesful

More
21 Feb 2018 01:06 #67643 by neurodr
I've attached my ini file. I've gone from -127->127 in freq fine in increments of 40, 20, 10, and 5. I've also gone through coarse in increments of 20 while then going through fine in increments of 20. Still no binding. I am now on my second T8SG tx. My first one had very poor range for at least one module (<2m in range test mode). Would it be possible to test someone else's model file?

My protocols: 1) set tx freq. Turn it off and then on. Plug in the A600 battery. Press bind button on rx and wait for red light to go off. Nothing. Adjust the frequency. Turn off, unplug and repeat.

2) Turn on Tx. Set tx freq. Plug in the A600 battery. Press bind button on rx and wait for red led to go off. Nothing. Adjust frequency. Keeping an eye on the rx leds.

3) Turn on Tx. Set tx freq. Plug in the A600 battery. Press bind button on rx and wait for red led to go off. Nothing. Adjust frequency. Go back to tx screen and press re-init. Keeping an eye on the rx leds. Go into freq screen and adjust freq. Hit re-init. Repeat.

I really want this to work as its my only plane I can't get to work with the T8SG - excluding my Furibee F36 tiny whoop clones. I appreciate the help others are providing and am glad some have been able to get their planes to bind.
Attachments:

More
21 Feb 2018 05:41 - 21 Feb 2018 05:43 #67646 by ramunas
@neurodr - I looked at your model4.ini and it looks like it should work. Your stored Freq-fine and Freq-coarse are large numbers, but I presume you did start at 0,0? Also, your description of press and hold the receiver bind button until the red light goes off (1-2 sec), did you get the red light to go off? Then the red and blue lights (successful bind indicator) should come on within 10 seconds if the frequencies are close enough. They will come on very rapidly if the frequencies are centered, and it is slower if the frequencies are at the edge of the binding range. If after 10 sec you did not get a bind I would just try again with -50 Freq-fine and if that does not work, +50 Freq-fine. I have never had to use Freq-coarse in binding to 15 or so XK helicopters and planes. On the A-600 I get a binding range on Freq-fine that is about 80-90 counts wide. Also it is not necessary to turn the tx on and off to get the frequency change to take effect. In recent versions of Deviation (at least 6 months) the change is live, and allows you to sweep the frequency back and forth to find the center of the binding range much more conveniently.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2018 05:43 by ramunas. Reason: spelling

More
21 Feb 2018 06:39 #67648 by Alvarez
I'm using irange ir8m with the version 14-2-18 and I thinks it works great
I'm select 80 in freq-fine and 0 en freq-coarse and the range test I think it's successful (about 5 metres and one wall between us)
What do you think?

More
21 Feb 2018 22:34 #67671 by neurodr

ramunas wrote: @neurodr - ...I presume you did start at 0,0?......did you get the red light to go off? .

Yes to both. I stated at 0,0 and went up and down both. I tried with the red binding light off. And also tried leaving the light on. I spent about 2 hours yesterday methodically going through the frequencies and various combinations. My A600 binds to its tx immediately when I turn it on, so I know the rx keeps looking for a signal for a long time. I don't have any other Futaba toys to compare to. The T8SG has bound to everything else I have and would expect it to bind to, just not this plane. Its a shame because I really want to use just the one tx and use the other channels on the rx.

More
21 Feb 2018 22:47 - 21 Feb 2018 22:49 #67672 by ramunas
@Alvarez - That sounds good, but how much affect a wall has on range is uncertain. The best way is to use the range check option in the Transmitter menu, outside, to verify that you can get about 30 meters range. That is considered normal for the low power used in the Deviation range check as per the manual. Another safety check is to do a + and - Freq-fine sweep to make sure that 80 is close to the center of the successful bind region.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2018 22:49 by ramunas. Reason: grammar

More
21 Feb 2018 23:11 #67673 by ramunas
@neurodr - That sure seems like the C2500 module in the 4 in 1 may have a problem. Do any of your successfully bound models use the C2500?

One other thing I noticed was that your model4.ini main control channels have reverse directions. That has no affect on binding, but are you still using the factory loaded software (early versions had reversed signs on some channels)? If so, it would be worth doing a format and downloading a fresh updated version of deviation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds