Deviation is a replacement firmware designed primarily for the Walkera Devo® series RC Transmitters. While Deviation is heavily influenced both by the Walkera DEVO8 firmware as well as by the Flysky/Turnigy based ER9X firmware, it has been written completely from scratch to be easily portable and extensible.
WARNING: Deviation is experimental software. There are no guarantees made or implied about the quality or reliability of this software. RC models can cause serious injury or death if flown improperly. By deciding to use the Deviation software, you are taking sole responsibility for the control of your models. The authors of Deviation will not be held responsible for any injury or damage caused by the use of the Deviation firmware. Be cautious. You have been warned.
Major features include:
- Support for multiple protocols without any modifications to the transmitter:
- Walkera DEVO
- Walkera WK2401/WK2601/WK2801
- Nine Eagles J6 Pro (requires telemetry module)
- Support for other protocols with very easy transmitter modifications:
- Flysky/Turnigy 9X
- Skyartec (thanks to the Skyartec folks for providing hardware for testing)
- Tactic SLT/Anylink
- ...and more! See the Supported Models list for current protocols in the Nightly Builds.
- Support for up to 255 different models in transmitter memory
- Transmitter can act like a USB drive. Managing models, configuration, icons, and themes is as easy as copying a file... No more need to use the Walkera DfuSe tool for that.
- Fully configurable themes including bitmaps, fonts, and colors (color models Devo 6/6S/8/8S/12/12S)
- Flexible transmitter configuration. Support up-to 12 channels on a Devo8; remap any switches or buttons to any purpose. Also Virtual Channels for additional functionality.
- All text is localized. Available translations for Hungarian, German, French, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Romanian, Spanish, and Afrikaans. Adding a new translation is as easy as editing a text file, and copying it to the transmitter.
We would like to thank all of the contributors who have helped with the development of new protocols, features, testing of capabilities, reporting of bugs, translations, and documentation.
Important Notice: Deviation is an independent work. The Deviation project is in no way affiliated with Walkera®. We have never been in contact with them, and have no knowledge of their stance on this project. The Deviation team provides no guarantee that this firmware will not harm your transmitter (although we do not believe that to be possible). We also cannot guarantee that Walkera® will not make changes either to future versions of the hardware or the firmware which would make it incompatible with Deviation.
* Supported only in the Nightly Builds.