Version 3.0.0 of Deviation has been released!
Includes support for DEVO 6/6S/7e/8/8S/10/12
Get it from the Downloads section
See the Release Notes for more information
Also check out the User Manual
NOTE: Deviation is experimental software. There are no guarantees made or implied about the quality or reliability of this software. RC models can cause serious injury or death if flown improperly. By deciding to use the Deviation software, you are taking sole responsibility for the control of your models. The authors of Deviation will not be held responsible for any injury or damage caused by the use of the Deviation firmware. Be cautious. You have been warned.
Important Notice: Deviation is an independent work. The Deviation project is in no way affiliated with Walkera®. We have never been in contact with them, and have no knowledge of their stance on this project. The Deviation team provides no guarantee that this firmware will not harm your transmitter (although we do not believe that to be possible). We also cannot guarantee that Walkera® will not make changes either to future versions of the hardware or the firmware which would make it incompatible with Deviation.
I would like to thank all of the contributors who have helped with the development of features, testing of capabilities, reporting of bugs, translations, and documentation.
I'd also like to give special thanks to FDR for being an admin here, and helping to maintain the site (the new logo is also his)
Deviation is a replacement firmware designed primarily for the Walkera Devo® series RC Transmitters. While Deviation is heavily influenced both by the Walkera DEVO8 firmware as well as by the Flysky/Turnighy based ER9X firmware, it has been written completely from scratch to be easily portable and extensible.
Major features include:
- Support for multiple protocols without any modifications to the transmitter:
- Walkera Devo 6/7/8/10/12
- Walkera WK2401/WK2601/WK2801
- Nine Eagles J6 Pro (requires telemetry module)
- Support for other protocols with very easy transmitter modifications
- Flysky/Turnigy 9X
- Skyartec (thanks to the Skyartec folks for providing hardware for testing)
- Support for up to 255 different models
- Transmitter can act like a USB drive. Managing models, configuration, icons, and themes is as easy as copying a file...No more need to use the Walkera DfuSe tool.
- Fully configurable themes including bitmaps, fonts, and colors
- Flexible transmitter configuration. Support up-to 12 channels on a Devo8; remap any switches or buttons to any purpose
- All text is localized. Available translations for Hungarian, German, French, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Romanian, Spanish, and Afrikaans. Adding a new translation is as easy as editing a text file, and copying it to the transmitter.