skyartec compatibility

More
29 Mar 2013 11:59 #8244 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic skyartec compatibility
Bought two www.skyartec.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=1977 for 23usd shipped, not bad at all.

I have an antenna from a DX4e (full range) from when I did my DMS2 mod to the 9X.

Any int how to solder it to the module ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2013 10:50 #8446 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic skyartec compatibility
got some XL2500-D03 from the local Chinese market but the radio range is very very short. Upon contacting the seller and to my surprise, the module is different from we have here although it looks exactly the same.

the issue is pin 10 (PAEN) that we have is now changed to RXEN although it still marked as (PAEN) on the PCB. That explain the short range since only pulling it to Vcc doesn't enable the TX as TXEN is now at pin5.

Having short both pins 5 and 10 and connected to pin1 Vcc and the module works now.

ps. the XL2500 power output is still about 8db down when checking against the V911 and Devo module with a spectrum analyser. But is still adequate for the nano CP.
Attachments:

More
03 Apr 2013 11:22 - 03 Apr 2013 11:34 #8448 by stein@office-center.no
Replied by stein@office-center.no on topic skyartec compatibility
Hi.

I'm waiting for this module also (looks the same)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121064278513

- will use it with the X3V.

Will this be a problem - with range?

I also wait for this:
www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/221994557.html

Do You think this will be better?

Thanks Stein
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 11:34 by FDR.

More
03 Apr 2013 11:32 - 03 Apr 2013 11:34 #8449 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic skyartec compatibility
Confusing indeed - I have these on the way, does anyone has experience with them? Seems to be the same ones Stein has on the way as well.

www.aliexpress.com/item/CC2500-PA-LNA-wi...-2-4G/359941652.html

Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 11:34 by RandMental.

More
03 Apr 2013 11:33 - 03 Apr 2013 11:34 #8450 by cmpang
I suggest to connect up the module as per the original instruction. Test the binding and if it can only be binded within a very close range then you may have got a different type of module. Until then you proceed to connect pin 5 to Vcc and do the test binding again to see if it works..

ps.. do get a spec sheet from the seller if possible, indeed the new pin assignment is marked on the spec sheet
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 11:34 by cmpang.

More
03 Apr 2013 11:38 #8453 by cmpang
Attachments:

More
03 Apr 2013 12:07 #8454 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic skyartec compatibility

RandMental wrote: Confusing indeed - I have these on the way, does anyone has experience with them? Seems to be the same ones Stein has on the way as well.

www.aliexpress.com/item/CC2500-PA-LNA-wi...-2-4G/359941652.html

I have one but it's not hooked up yet since I have nothing to test it with. My 2 FrSky receivers are somewhere in transit, if I'm lucky I might get them next week.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
03 Apr 2013 13:07 #8458 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic skyartec compatibility

cmpang wrote: the issue is pin 10 (PAEN) that we have is now changed to RXEN although it still marked as (PAEN) on the PCB. That explain the short range since only pulling it to Vcc doesn't enable the TX as TXEN is now at pin5.

ps. the XL2500 power output is still about 8db down when checking against the V911 and Devo module with a spectrum analyser. But is still adequate for the nano CP.

If you only plan to fly skyartec, you should probably tie rxen to gnd. I did some experiments and making this change had a massive impact on output power.
I am still trying to figure out exactly how these modules are wired. it would be eaiser if I could attach the rxen and txen pins to the gdo1/gdo2 pins, and then control them properly, but I'm not sure about the current draw. I will probably do some playing around with this to see if it is reasonable or not.

More
03 Apr 2013 13:10 #8459 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic skyartec compatibility
Randmetal: I have been using that module. It works fine for skyartec protocol.

sbstnp, I'm going to remove support for frsky from deviation untiul I can actually get it working properly. The only modules I have that work with it are ones without any power-amp, which is probably not interesting to anyone. I'm hoping to find a solution to that, but have not been successful so far.

More
03 Apr 2013 14:38 #8466 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic skyartec compatibility

PhracturedBlue wrote: sbstnp, I'm going to remove support for frsky from deviation untiul I can actually get it working properly. The only modules I have that work with it are ones without any power-amp, which is probably not interesting to anyone. I'm hoping to find a solution to that, but have not been successful so far.

Thanks. Probably this is the best solution atm. People are waiting for a new release for quite a while and it makes no sense to put everything on hold because of a single protocol.

Anyway, once I have my receivers I'll be able to help with testing the FrSky protocol.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
03 Apr 2013 15:39 - 03 Apr 2013 15:41 #8469 by cmpang
[quote="PhracturedBlue" post=8458..... probably tie rxen to gnd. I did some experiments and making this change had a massive impact on output power.
....[/quote]

taken my D10 apart again and tried out different connections to RXEN. Didn't see any difference with my spectrum analyser whether to tie this pin 10 to Vcc nor Gnd nor left open...

since we are not going to use two way communications anyway,I just leave it to gnd just to play safe..

just as a reminder again, the output power is much lower (at least 8db down) as compared to Devo or V911 module. Not an issue with nano CP but care should be taken if using it for FrSky protocol as it is meant for full scale R/C flying.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 15:41 by cmpang.

More
03 Apr 2013 20:17 #8473 by stein@office-center.no
HI

Little confused about Frisky vs Skyartec protocol regarding output power.

The XL2500-D03 module - to be used with Devo-10 and bound to skyartec - not only the nano - but the wasp X3V as well - which is a 250 size flybarless heli - will the reach of signal be OK?

I'm not owning any Frisky at the moment :-)

And also a little unsure about soldering - shall I follow the manual or the messages in this forum?

Maybe PB finds the optimal config before I take my stuff to my friend and electronic expert for soldering?

More
03 Apr 2013 20:32 #8474 by RandMental
You should use the manual, all the forum feedback and corrections are in the latest Moduleinstallation.pdf manual

More
14 Apr 2013 09:10 - 14 Apr 2013 09:15 #8924 by cmpang
Having installed the Skyartec XL2500-D03 module for over a week and while flying with my nanoCP get lost link every now and then..

checking with my spectrum analyser found the output power is consistently down by about 10db as compared with either the Devo or V911 protocol... what's more, the output power seemed not changed by setting from the lowest 100uW to the highest 150mW on my D10

performed a field check today and the range is only a mere 80m.. and the result doesn't change by whatever power setting on my Tx.. ( I started with the lowest 100uW, go out to the point where signal is lost, then asked my buddy to raise the power setting and to the highest but still get no signal)

Go home and perform a most basic test...

Last edit: 14 Apr 2013 09:15 by cmpang.

More
14 Apr 2013 10:26 #8925 by stein@office-center.no
Have anyone tried this one yet?

www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/221994557.html

Thanks..

Stein
Attachments:

More
14 Apr 2013 18:03 #8930 by RandMental

More
14 Apr 2013 18:48 #8932 by stein@office-center.no
OK - I'v missed that one.....

So, RandMental, no problem with this module on Skyartec then? Have You tested the distance?

Thanks
Stein

More
14 Apr 2013 18:53 #8933 by RandMental
No, I have 3 on the way, but is 6-8 weeks from China using China Airmail

More
15 Apr 2013 13:57 #8952 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic skyartec compatibility
Received my 2 skyartec modules.

Now that I have them, I think that I bit off more than I could chew.

The pitch of the pads is insane... don't know how I'll solder them.

Guess we shall see if I can make it work.

More
15 Apr 2013 14:29 #8953 by RandMental
No antenna?

It is also interesting that it has no metal can over the RF components.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds