Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: cx-10)

• hexfet
14 Mar 2015 00:44
Replied by hexfet on topic JD 395 cx-10

JD 395 cx-10

Category: Protocol Development

Interesting! This protocol uses a two-way bind with the aircraft returning an ID back to the tx that is then sent as part of the data packets. The data packet is expanded by four bytes to hold the rx id. Strange that they don't actually change the radio tx/rx address after binding...

The switch from tx to rx mode happens without powering down, which along with the timing indicates the CE signal is used to move to the standby-1 state.

The tx also switches to receive mode during the data phase but the aircraft doesn't send anything. Maybe it's to recover if bind is lost.

Annotated capture attached. Good luck :)
  • goebish
13 Mar 2015 21:18 - 13 Mar 2015 21:18
Replied by goebish on topic JD 395 cx-10

JD 395 cx-10

Thanks for looking !
I may have a try on my side with the help of your code (hey, there's my name in there :p) and the nrf24l01 registers datasheet...
  • closedsink
13 Mar 2015 20:51
Replied by closedsink on topic JD 395 cx-10

JD 395 cx-10

Much better. At first glance, it does look like MISO is being used. Also, there are similarities to the "green" protocol, but significant differences too. I'll have to look at this more later.

Thanks for uploading this!
  • goebish
13 Mar 2015 20:33

JD 395 cx-10

Looks much better this time:
www.dropbox.com/s/yy8ymmvczd2w1e1/cx10-blue.zip?dl=0

pinout on the mcu is different:

brown: channel 0 -> MOSI
yellow: channel 1 -> CS
green: channel 2 -> CLK
red: channel 3 -> MISO
  • closedsink
13 Mar 2015 20:29 - 13 Mar 2015 20:30

JD 395 cx-10

Ooh, i see. If MISO is hooked up, then there's a good chance it is used. You might want to include it in the capture if possible.
  • goebish
13 Mar 2015 20:21

JD 395 cx-10

I think I understand the problem, MOSI in my capture is not MOSI, but MISO !
The blue board have MOSI and MISO wired !
I hope we don't really need the data coming from MISO...
Ok, now I know where MOSI is... let's go for another capture after soldering a wire.
  • goebish
13 Mar 2015 20:12 - 13 Mar 2015 20:13

JD 395 cx-10

Yes sorry I just saw that, I guess pinout on the MCU is not the same as on the green board... I'll trace.

MOSI in my capture is the red wire on my picture.
  • closedsink
13 Mar 2015 20:05

JD 395 cx-10

Wow! Fast. Unfortunately something looks goofy with MOSI. Most of the bytes are 0x0E. If they're not 0x0E, then they're 0x00. Can you double-check the MOSI connection? That can't be right.
  • goebish
13 Mar 2015 19:41 - 13 Mar 2015 19:45

JD 395 cx-10

closedsink wrote: If you're able to get the capture of the blue board, please post. If it really uses the XN297, I might be able to tweak the software for my Arduino to work with it.

Here it is :)
www.dropbox.com/s/yy8ymmvczd2w1e1/cx10-blue.zip?dl=0
  • closedsink
13 Mar 2015 19:34

JD 395 cx-10

goebish wrote: Nice work closedsink, thank you very much for sharing !

I was wondering, has anyone already dumped the SPI bus in a blue PCB transmitter ?
It's also using a XN297 but I've read it's not compatible with green pcb CX-10 quad, I guess there are slight difference(s) in the protocol. I'll do it myself if nobody else has a dump already, just asking before hooking the logic analyzer...

If you're able to get the capture of the blue board, please post. If it really uses the XN297, I might be able to tweak the software for my Arduino to work with it.
  • victzh
13 Mar 2015 16:37
Replied by victzh on topic JD 395 cx-10

JD 395 cx-10

Does anybody know whether these multiple CX-13 and CX-14 on Amazon are protocol compatible with CX-10? CX-10 will spend in it's way to me for about a month, these models are here in 2 days.
  • goebish
13 Mar 2015 12:14 - 13 Mar 2015 13:31

JD 395 cx-10

Nice work closedsink, thank you very much for sharing !

I was wondering, has anyone already dumped the SPI bus in a blue PCB transmitter ?
It's also using a XN297 but I've read it's not compatible with green pcb CX-10 quad, I guess there are slight difference(s) in the protocol. I'll do it myself if nobody else has a dump already, just asking before hooking the logic analyzer...
  • closedsink
13 Mar 2015 02:40

JD 395 cx-10

hexfet wrote:

closedsink wrote: My application isn't for deviation, so I don't know how appropriate this is. Hopefully other folks here find this information useful. I'll post more details about what i did if folks are interested.

Nice project! I'd like to see your protocol implementation, mainly to see if there are any differences in the chip initialization.

I've updated my blog on rcgroups with some info on protocol, as well as the Arduino source. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2367400
  • closedsink
12 Mar 2015 02:49

JD 395 cx-10

hexfet wrote:

closedsink wrote: My application isn't for deviation, so I don't know how appropriate this is. Hopefully other folks here find this information useful. I'll post more details about what i did if folks are interested.

Nice project! I'd like to see your protocol implementation, mainly to see if there are any differences in the chip initialization.

OK, I started writing this up on my blog on rcgroups:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2367400

I'll add more details, including the source, as soon as I can. The code is currently not pretty (I'm a hardware guy). :P
  • hexfet
11 Mar 2015 22:05

JD 395 cx-10

• hexfet
11 Mar 2015 22:02

JD 395 cx-10

bampi2k wrote: It would be great if some of the experts here could write a quick guide to get the CX10 working.

I have a devo7e with 4.0.1 stable release and the 2x2 switch mod recompiled. I also fly the v272 with a nrf24 module.

Right now I just don't know the exact modifications that I need to do to the stable 4.0.1 src to get the 'sky walker' protocol for yd717. Since I have not been following all the threads in deviation development it's very tough to keep track of the nightlies.

I am a newbie with most of this stuff. Sorry if I asked something stupid!

The nightly builds are now being updated in the download link over on the left. Can you use the latest from there?

If you just want to pull the yd717 support into your own build the place to start is the yd717 branch in the deviationtx repo.
  • closedsink
11 Mar 2015 19:28

JD 395 cx-10

Hi everyone,
I've read this thread through with great interest. Lots of great work has been done analyzing the CX-10 protocol, and I learned a lot about it, then I did some testing of my own. My goal was to be able to use the GREEN PCB CX-10 with my Taranis radio, by building a JR module that coverts the PPM stream to the proper SPI commands to the TX chip. I saw that a few folks tried to get the NRF42L01 to work, and as far as I can see no one was successful, so I "cheated", and used the XN297 instead. How? I removed the portion of PCB that contains the chip and associated components, and wired it to an Arduino Pro Mini, which does the protocol conversion. And last night, I finished putting it all together, and it works!! I was able to fly my CX-10 with my Taranis radio. I still need to add Mode 2/3 support, and flip control, but I'm very happy to have it working (especially because the stock TX is no longer usable after hacking it up :ohmy: )
My application isn't for deviation, so I don't know how appropriate this is. Hopefully other folks here find this information useful. I'll post more details about what i did if folks are interested.
  • bampi2k
11 Mar 2015 01:45 - 11 Mar 2015 01:47
Replied by bampi2k on topic JD 395 cx-10

JD 395 cx-10

It would be great if some of the experts here could write a quick guide to get the CX10 working.

I have a devo7e with 4.0.1 stable release and the 2x2 switch mod recompiled. I also fly the v272 with a nrf24 module.

Right now I just don't know the exact modifications that I need to do to the stable 4.0.1 src to get the 'sky walker' protocol for yd717. Since I have not been following all the threads in deviation development it's very tough to keep track of the nightlies.

I am a newbie with most of this stuff. Sorry if I asked something stupid!
  • Tryptych
10 Mar 2015 03:23
What's your favorite nano size quad for Deviation? was created by Tryptych

What's your favorite nano size quad for Deviation?

Category: General Discussions

I've got the Proto X SLT, and will be modding my Devo 7e soon so I can fly it. I'm wondering if this is the best nano sized quad you can get that is compatible with Deviation. I also have a Cheerson CX-10 but these new ones are no longer Deviation compatible so I am ruling it out for this reason.

So, is the Proto X SLT the king of the Deviation compatible nano sized quads? Anyone else got a favorite?
  • ursus69
03 Mar 2015 19:02 - 07 Mar 2015 18:32
WL toys V676 + Devo 7E was created by ursus69

WL toys V676 + Devo 7E

Category: Model Requests

Hii!

Someone have the .ini for V676 with Devo7E??

V676 is similar to Cheerson CX-10A

Regards
Displaying 581 - 600 out of 736 results.
Time to create page: 1.247 seconds