Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: F12e)

• vlad_vy
03 Mar 2019 10:51 - 03 Mar 2019 10:53
Replied by vlad_vy on topic 12s more bugs

12s more bugs (solved)

Category: General Discussions

I have 2019-03-01 code in 8s, 12s, f12e, t8sg, t8sg_v2_plus.
  • Toolbox1211
02 Mar 2019 17:43 - 02 Mar 2019 23:51
F12E and xms couple questions was created by Toolbox1211

F12E and xms couple questions

Wondering about the stability of the nightly builds and if there is any current development.
Iv done the xms modification. devo.fs was just too unstable and it was fun also internal dfplayer powered off the balance port .I Had to do alot of hunting and my own testing to figure out some things I couldent find here but all seems well.
Questions
1. I see the hall sensor gimbal mod for the devo 10 and 12s and I want in so I'm wondering if the gimbals in the f12e have the same mounting as the 10 and 12s so I can use the 3d model that's already made for them

2. Has anyone found a way to feed the dfplayer off somthing other than the trainer port so I can use the trainer port for other things and still have voice

Now for my issues.
1. Data logging. I click it f12e reboots. No logs. Has this not been fully implemented yet? Is there further setup to it?

2. I switched from a model with voice on to a model with ppm trainer input no problems. Went to switch back and just resets when selecting another model. To stop that loop I turned ppm trainer input off and reset then it allows me to change model but has erased all my voice input setup :( .should I just keep backups of my models or am I doing somthing wrong?

3. When in usb gamepad mode if I go to the main home screen devo resets. Its avoidable and better than the devo.fs reboot loop it used to get stuck In before xms

I also want to thank all the people involved in the development of deviation and xms.

Also wondering if there's a way to know if and when any changes have been made to the f12e nightly builds. So we can know when we should update
  • wind10071
26 Feb 2019 18:46
Replied by wind10071 on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

Category: Builds

Who can provide a F12E screen motherboard picture, can see the screen interface in detail, circuit board model and screen component circuit diagram, thank you
  • Alf-1234
23 Feb 2019 21:24
Replied by Alf-1234 on topic Walkera Sender F12E

Walkera Sender F12E

Category: Feedback & Questions

Mal eine weitere Frage:

Welches Protokoll läuft eigentlich auf meinen F12E Sender??
Das müste doch eigentlich das Devo Protokoll sein, oder?

Ich frage deshalb, weil ich auf meinem Jumper T8SG auch das DEVO Protokoll habe, aber ich leider nicht in der Lage bin, den Walkera Ladybird mit meinen Jumper zu binden.
Wenn ich den Ladybird mit meinem F12E binde, kann ich fliegen.

Ist das DEVO Protokoll im Jumper ein anderes DEVO Protokoll als im Sender F12E?

Another question:

Which protocol is actually running on my F12E transmitter ??
That should actually be the Devo protocol, right?

I ask, because I also have the DEVO protocol on my Jumper T8SG, but unfortunately I am not able to tie the Walkera Ladybird with my jumpers.
If I tie the ladybird with my F12E, I can fly.

Is the DEVO protocol in the jumper a different DEVO protocol than in the transmitter F12E?
  • Toolbox1211
22 Feb 2019 20:48
Replied by Toolbox1211 on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

Thank you every one here for all the information. due to your help I now have a deviated f12e xms.
I was scared to do this being my first time soldering anything other than a wire but was successful on my first go due to the excellent information here
  • Alf-1234
20 Feb 2019 20:43 - 20 Feb 2019 20:45
Walkera Sender F12E was created by Alf-1234

Walkera Sender F12E

Category: Feedback & Questions

Mal wieder ein paar Fragen.

Ich habe hier auch noch den Sender F12E liegen. Den kann ich doch auch mit DfuSE USB Upgrade die Deviation V5 updaten.
Dann wird meine Devo Software 1.6B überschrieben.
Ich habe hier auch noch den Jumper T8SG.
Kann der F12E mehr als der Jumper T8SG wenn ich den auf Deviation V5 update? Oder liegt der Unterschied nur darin, das der Devo F12E einen 5,8 Ghz Monitor hat.

Welche Vor- und Nachteile ergeben sich daraus, wenn ich den Sender F12E auf Deviation V5 umstelle??

Für Infos wäre ich dankbar.

Again a few questions.

I also have the transmitter F12E here. I can also update the Deviation V5 with DfuSE USB Upgrade.
Then my Devo Software 1.6B will be overwritten.
I also have the jumper T8SG here.
Can the F12E do more than the T8SG jumper if I update it to Deviation V5? Or is the difference only in that the Devo F12E has a 5.8 Ghz monitor.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of switching the F12E transmitter to Deviation V5?

I would be gratefull for informations.
  • backman8571
02 Feb 2019 21:37
Replied by backman8571 on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M builds no more?!

iRangeX iRX-IR8M builds no more?!

And i would need help with where do you solder the leads for 12s and also for F12E
  • hexfet
23 Jan 2019 16:24
Replied by hexfet on topic Problems with Devo F12E nightly builds

Problems with Devo F12E nightly builds

Thanks for testing. The change will be in the next nightly build.
  • kbg
23 Jan 2019 09:23
Replied by kbg on topic Problems with Devo F12E nightly builds

Yes this works. The GPS coordinates display correctly now. :woohoo:

When I get the chance I will try to test the speed and altitude and post my findings here, but I think the timestamp is something that just isn't available in the data.

I hope these changes will make it into the nightly build at some point?

Thanks for the excellent support.
  • hexfet
22 Jan 2019 19:00

The test build is updated (724bdee). The Devo telemetry protocol option is changed from "On, Off" to "Std, X350, Off". When set to X350 the Long/Lat telemetry is interpreted as decimal degrees instead of degrees decimal minutes.
  • kbg
22 Jan 2019 14:13

rklunder wrote: Count me in with issues with the F12E and nightly builds. I have not been able to get one to work as of yet. How do you manually copy the devo.fs over? I dont see a download for the F12E in the stable folder, is that not available yet?

There is no stable version yet. To fix the file system issue you should update the firmware as usual with Deviation Uploader. Turn off the transmitter after flashing, then hold down ENT button and turn back on, this will enable USB mode. Delete the devo.fs that is on the transmitter, open up the zip firmware file and copy the devo.fs file there over to the transmitter. Turn off and on as usual and it should work.
  • kbg
22 Jan 2019 14:04

vlad_vy wrote:

hexfet wrote: I don't see sign to distinguish DD.DDDDDD from DD MM.MMMM.

Yes doesn't seem to be any way to detect this. I have been looking at videos online from users using the stock firmware and it seems that the GPS is being sent like this for all Walkera models. Here is an example video from someone using Walkera Tali H500. The latitude degree minute in the video is 69 which is not normalized.

Tali H500

Maybe it would be possible to add a configuration for the GPS format, so that we can select either DDMM.MMMM or DD.DDDDDD?

• vlad_vy
22 Jan 2019 13:49
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Problems with Devo F12E nightly builds

According to the NMEA Standard (NMEA-0183), Latitude and Longitude are output in the format Degrees, Minutes and (Decimal) Fractions of Minutes. (Latitude in ddmm.mmmm format. Leading zeros are inserted)

DDMM.MMMM

So, QR-X350 Pro GPS sensor output nonstandard coordinates.
  • kbg
22 Jan 2019 13:40

hexfet wrote: Thanks that's very helpful.
kbg, what is your actual GPS longitude (from cell phone or other source)? Maybe the QR-X350 is not normalizing the value correctly for some reason. In the images you posted the latitude is the same in deviation and stock firmware.

The altitude is bouncing around 3-4 meters. Is that correct?

The speed data is "9999.90000.0". Not obvious how to decode that. Is it possible to record some data with the aircraft moving?

The stock GPS coordinates are correct but they are not normalized and are being displayed in decimal degrees.

I will send you my actual GPS coordinates in PM message.

I am just testing this stationary in my backyard. Not sure I can test this in flight, the weather currently is not very good. But since the quad wasn’t armed it’s possible that there is was no speed data until arming. I will test this with arming as soon as I get home.

The timestamp telemetry doesn't have any data - all nulls. Was the GPS "locked" with enough satellites for a good link?

Yes I believe so. Possibly the timestamp is not being sent, because it’s not being displayed anywhere in the stock firmware.

I am not to worried about the timestamp,speed and altitude, the most valuable are the GPS coordinates.
  • vlad_vy
22 Jan 2019 07:27 - 22 Jan 2019 10:46
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Problems with Devo F12E nightly builds

hexfet wrote: The longitude telemetry string is "02186.3545W".

longitude is 21.86XXXX° W
    if (packet[0] == 0x32) {
        update = gpslongpkt;
        Telemetry.gps.longitude = text_to_int(&packet[1], 3) * 3600000
                                + text_to_int(&packet[4], 2) * 36000;
                                + text_to_int(&packet[7], 4) * 36 / 10;
        if (packet[11] == 'W')
            Telemetry.gps.longitude *= -1;
    }

latitude is 64.10XXXX° N
    if (packet[0] == 0x33) {
        update = gpslatpkt;
        Telemetry.gps.latitude = text_to_int(&packet[1], 2) * 3600000
                               + text_to_int(&packet[3], 2) * 36000;
                               + text_to_int(&packet[6], 4) * 36 / 10;
        if (packet[10] == 'S')
            Telemetry.gps.latitude *= -1;
    }

I don't see sign to distinguish DD.DDDDDD from DD MM.MMMM.
  • rklunder
22 Jan 2019 05:10 - 22 Jan 2019 05:12
Replied by rklunder on topic Problems with Devo F12E nightly builds

kbg wrote: I have been trying to update my F12E with Deviation mainly to get persistant telemetry but it seems the current nightly builds are very much broken. Updating using Deviation Uploader 0.9.0 results in a broken filesystem, but I found this can be fixed by manually copying the devo.fs over. Going through the menu sometimes results in getting stuck in submenus, and the only way to recover is to turn off transmitter. The GPS telemetry displayed seems way off, altitude is a large number and the current date is in the year 2048. The GPS coordinates also seem to be offset by a couple of km.

Is there any build available for F12E that is known to be working?

Count me in with issues with the F12E and nightly builds. I have not been able to get one to work as of yet. How do you manually copy the devo.fs over? I dont see a download for the F12E in the stable folder, is that not available yet?
  • rklunder
22 Jan 2019 05:07
Replied by rklunder on topic Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2

Binding to an Eachine QX65 with DSMX / DSM2

I am doing the same thing. I have both a Devo 10 and a F12E transmitter and would like to use this firmware update to control my Eachine QX65. I assume you purchased one that had the DSM2/DSMx receiver?

www.banggood.com/Eachine-QX65-with-5_8G-...338&cur_warehouse=CN
  • hexfet
22 Jan 2019 02:52

Thanks that's very helpful.

The longitude telemetry string is "02186.3545W". As vlad_fy pointed out the display value in the stock firmware "21° 86." is not correct, or at least not normalized. It's essentially the same as the Deviation displayed value of "22° 26.". kbg, what is your actual GPS longitude (from cell phone or other source)? Maybe the QR-X350 is not normalizing the value correctly for some reason. In the images you posted the latitude is the same in deviation and stock firmware.

The altitude is bouncing around 3-4 meters. Is that correct?

The speed data is "9999.90000.0". Not obvious how to decode that. Is it possible to record some data with the aircraft moving?

The timestamp telemetry doesn't have any data - all nulls. Was the GPS "locked" with enough satellites for a good link?
  • kbg
22 Jan 2019 00:13

Ok I installed the build and took a 10 sec video of the debug log and put on my Google Drive:

debug log video
  • hexfet
21 Jan 2019 19:56

Test build (070ed6e) available. Enables debug log and prints Devo telemetry packets to the log.

With this build you should see an extra "debug log" main menu item. In that page.we're interested in lines that start with "3" after the line number. May need to make changes to the build if the data is coming too quickly.
Displaying 101 - 120 out of 1616 results.
Time to create page: 0.717 seconds