Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: F12e)

• Bcacres
01 Jun 2018 15:41
Replied by Bcacres on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

Category: Builds

A detailed step-by-step process for flashing and so forth from beginning to end with what program used and what tab for each step and drivers used would be very helpful for this newbie. Key word “DETAILED”
For the F12E
  • Bcacres
01 Jun 2018 14:09 - 01 Jun 2018 16:58

I woke up @ 2:30 this morning thinking about maybe the pin paths to the main chip might were not correct as discribed above. I pulled out another Devo F12E I have, opened it up and began to compare paths.
What I found is that pin 1 on the flash chip goes through a Resistor chip (103) before it goes to pin 27 of the main chip. So pin 1 and pin 4 of the chip are not common.
I rerouted pin 1 to the correct side of the 103 resistor chip but I may have damaged the chip because I still have the same flashing firmware problem.
I will replace it tonight and try again.
  • Bcacres
01 Jun 2018 14:01

Last night I checked and rechecked and recheck continuity with an ohm meter between each point from the legs of the new flash chip to the legs of the main chip as discribed two posts above. Every path checked out solid connection and not shorted to any other pin points other than 3-7-8 and 1-4.
I tried every possible combination of flashing chip and every time if it showed up in explorer, it would not allow me to format it. Same as I have read in previous posts.
  • RubenRC
01 Jun 2018 10:07
Replied by RubenRC on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

You flash memory is not completely soldiered down on the board. 1 of the pads isn't making contact most likely a write pin. That's exactly the issue I had. I got it down on the board good and never saw the problem again B)
  • vlad_vy
30 May 2018 12:38
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

It looks like you flash memory chip not working. Check flash memory chip soldering and connections.

With Devo F12E it will be (pin connections from SST25VF032B to STM32F103VCT6):
1. CE = GND (VSS_4, pin 27)
2. SO = SPI1_MISO (PA6, pin 31)
3. WP = 3.3V (VDD_4, pin 28)
4. VSS = GND (VSS_4, pin 27)
5. SI = SPI1_MOSI (PA7, pin 32)
6. SCK = SPI1_SCK (PA5, pin 30)
7. HOLD = 3.3V (VDD_4, pin 28)
8. VDD = 3.3V (VDD_4, pin 28)
  • Bcacres
30 May 2018 11:45

Thank you for the help I did as you instructed and now it shows up as USB drive . The computer Will tell me I need to format the drive in order to use it but when I attempt to do that it keeps saying please insert the device or that it’s not accessible. I’ll even right click on the drive that continues to show up but can’t do anything with it .
I would greatly appreciate some help with this matter .
Thanks in advance !
  • vlad_vy
29 May 2018 14:03 - 29 May 2018 14:10

You need flash devof12e-XMS firmware from Nightly builds. Next, press ENT + Power On, format transmitter USB drive and write filesystem from firmware archive.

www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...s-v5-0-0-9b44f22-zip
  • Bcacres
29 May 2018 13:47

I need a little help please!
I have replaced the chip in question with a SST25VF032B in my F12E.
When I connected to PC, it did not show up as a USB drive, not recognized by the java uploaders, only by USB upgrade tool 2.3x.
I tried uploading lastest DFU firmware but when I test out radio it’s only a blank screen. I tried several attempts with different loads and the only one that will work is the original ver 1.5A or other older versions.
Am I doing something wrong here?
Please help
  • M8A4X
28 May 2018 16:14 - 01 Jun 2018 04:12
Replied by M8A4X on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

Hello vald_vy and moeder!

@moeder: For sure I will try the voicepacker ;) I just have to get into it a litte bit more. Thank you very much for your effort!

@vlad_vy: I have uploaded it to the 12S and the menu seems really, really fast. I only tested it with "normal" operations like change of model and browsing through settings of the TX. There were no signs of "sluggishness". Even the menu: Transmitter menu-->Transmitter config draws very fast (the screen, which I am aware of, with a lot of content). So, well done! :)

Edit:
Just a remark regarding the voice announcements:
When "power down alert" is set to "ON" in the transmitter config menu there is no "goodbye" or "power down beeps" played (no beeps when audio volume is set to "0" when the transmitter is shut down. Do I miss a configuration or is this a bug?
This happens on both the F12E and 12S, each is the XMS version.
The currently installed firmwares on the transmitters are:
F12E: devof12e-XMS-v5.0.0-f17ed68
12S: devo12-XMS-v5.x.x-2018-05-28
  • vlad_vy
28 May 2018 10:18
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

M8A4X, can you try last devo12-XMS build with optimized GUI redraw?

www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6861-ul...ilds?start=360#69443
  • vlad_vy
28 May 2018 10:17 - 28 May 2018 10:17

* Fix display of text in startup warnings
* Optimize GUI redraw
Avoid full page redraw for any scrollable object change. It looks much more naturally if updated the scrollable area only, but not the full page.
Avoid full page redraw with every item position change at "Main layout edit" page.
Avoid full page redraw after close any dialog window.
Optimize redraw objects after close dialog window, redraw underlying objects only.

"devo12-XMS" based on nightly builds:
(28-05-2018)

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...5-28.zip
File Size:880 KB
  • Moeder
28 May 2018 07:57
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

M8A4X wrote: Both the F12E and the 12S are now talking to me, this helps a lot when I can't take my eyes off the plane/quad/FPV goggles. Time to try some different voice packs ;)

I didn't notice you are using Xms. Glad it works now. Try out Deviation Voicepacker to build your own voice packs.
  • M8A4X
27 May 2018 18:24

Voice alerts test build

Thank you vlad_vy for the clarification!

Both the F12E and the 12S are now talking to me, this helps a lot when I can't take my eyes off the plane/quad/FPV goggles. Time to try some different voice packs ;)
  • M8A4X
27 May 2018 09:29 - 27 May 2018 09:41

Voice alerts test build

The voice output on the F12E is now running fine :)

I have now installed all components (dfplayer, pololu, speaker) into the 12S.
Power is taken from pin 6 (5V) of the 4in1 module, pololu is set to 4.2V, dfplayer RX pin is connected to TX pin of the debug port of the 12S. The speaker is once again one of a taranis which also does the job in the F12E. The sdcard is formatted in FAT32, the mp3 folder with files and the voice.ini file in the root are present (the card works in the F12E).

But when I want to select voice messages in the model menu on the 12S there is the following message displayed:
"External voice currently not available". Also no "welcome to deviation" voice is played, only the standard beep tones are played.
The volume for voice is set to 10, but I have tried different settings with no success. Strangely enough, when I lower or raise the volume for voice, the beeper beeps once every step but does not change in volume. The beeper volume setting itself works fine.

Firmware on the 12S (XMS version with exchanged SPI flash chip) is: deviation-devo12-XMS-v5.x.x-2018-05-11
The hardware.ini has the line voice=dfplayer (no semicolon), all changes were done by the use of notepad++.
The hardware.ini is attached to this post.

Has anyone an idea what I have done wrong?

Edit: I should mention that at first i had the dfplayer connected wrong (turned by 180°).
So the connections were as follows
Devo --> Dfplayer:
VCC --> Busy
TX --> USB -
SPK 1 --> IO 2
GND --> GND
SPK 2 --> IO 1

I powered it up with this connections so could I have fried something? The voltage from pololu is still fine.
  • Chabaz
21 May 2018 18:38
Replied by Chabaz on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

M8A4X wrote: Hi everyone!

Are there some recommended power supply spots in the Devo F12E and 12S to hook the dfplayer mini or the pololu S7V8A voltage regulator to?

In the F12E I have the pololu currently hooked up to 3.3V port of the debug? port (GND, TSK, TCK, ... ; 3.3V) and it is working (set to 4.2V ouput).
The issue is that as soon as the volume is set to more than 6 in the TX menu and a voice output is played there are voltage bumps in the tx voltage reading (20-200mV) on the main screen and sometimes there is some channel jumping of 4-8%. It seems to me as if it is drawing to much power from the 3.3V spot. This issues get more rare when the volume is lowered to about 5 and are worst when on 8. A volume of 9 or 10 causes the voice announcements to turn into not understandable, loud humming.

Hardware is Pololu S7V8A, dfplayer mini, Taranis 0,5W / 8Ohm speaker. The dfplayer is right beside the TX battery bay, a small slot in the hatched bay makes the sdcard accessible. The pololu is hot glued inside of the TX to the back of the F12E, plenty of space. Speaker ist also hot glued to the inside back of the TX, merely right below the left gimbal.

Wiring: 3.3v and GND is taken from the debug? port, TX is taken from the DSC jack (TX when plug is not inserted) and also to the GND of the DSC jack. Yes, two GND connections... possible ground loop?

Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,
Max

I had this problem and merely changed my speaker, i don't know what the ohms of either the one i removed or the one i installed as they both came straight out of the spare parts bin, but upon changing it all my audio power and quality issues were no more. Full volume, sounds great and the tx no longer objects.
  • vlad_vy
21 May 2018 03:44
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

I think Devo F12E 2.4GHz RF module powered from 5V.
  • M8A4X
20 May 2018 11:54

Voice alerts test build

Hi everyone!

Are there some recommended power supply spots in the Devo F12E and 12S to hook the dfplayer mini or the pololu S7V8A voltage regulator to?

In the F12E I have the pololu currently hooked up to 3.3V port of the debug? port (GND, TSK, TCK, ... ; 3.3V) and it is working (set to 4.2V ouput).
The issue is that as soon as the volume is set to more than 6 in the TX menu and a voice output is played there are voltage bumps in the tx voltage reading (20-200mV) on the main screen and sometimes there is some channel jumping of 4-8%. It seems to me as if it is drawing to much power from the 3.3V spot. This issues get more rare when the volume is lowered to about 5 and are worst when on 8. A volume of 9 or 10 causes the voice announcements to turn into not understandable, loud humming.

Hardware is Pololu S7V8A, dfplayer mini, Taranis 0,5W / 8Ohm speaker. The dfplayer is right beside the TX battery bay, a small slot in the hatched bay makes the sdcard accessible. The pololu is hot glued inside of the TX to the back of the F12E, plenty of space. Speaker ist also hot glued to the inside back of the TX, merely right below the left gimbal.

Wiring: 3.3v and GND is taken from the debug? port, TX is taken from the DSC jack (TX when plug is not inserted) and also to the GND of the DSC jack. Yes, two GND connections... possible ground loop?

Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,
Max
  • vlad_vy
11 May 2018 05:02

* More reliable and beep only once "beep" mux
* More reliable and sound only once "voice" mux

"devo12-XMS" based on nightly builds:
(11-05-2018)

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...5-11.zip
File Size:879 KB
  • Bcacres
10 May 2018 20:17

I have found this topic dealing with modding the F12E very interesting.
Before I dive into making this mod, are there any regrets from anyone?
  • vlad_vy
03 May 2018 17:15
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds

Jumper T8SG V2 builds

DfuSe will not connect to unknown transmitter, with unknown ID. Walkera every time released new Dfuse version for new transmitter.

From DevoDfuSe.exe v2.31:

Walkera DEVO-12 Radio Controller == DEVO-12 == DV12
Walkera DEVO-08 Radio Controller == DEVO-8 === DV08
Walkera DEVO-06 Radio Controller == DEVO-6 === DV06
Walkera DEVO-10 Radio Controller == DEVO-10 == DV10
Walkera DEVO-07 Radio Controller == DEVO-7 === DV07
Walkera DEVO-7E Radio Controller == DEVO-7E == DV7E
Walkera DEVO-F7 Radio Controller == DEVO-F7 == DVF7
Walkera DEVO-F4 Radio Controller == DEVO-F4 == DVF4
Walkera DFPV-12 Radio Controller == DEVO-F12 == DF12
Walkera DFPV-7S Radio Controller == DEVO-F7S == DF7S
Walkera DEV-12E Radio Controller == DEVO-12E == D12E
Walkera FPV-12E Radio Controller == DEVO-F12E = D12E
Displaying 161 - 180 out of 1616 results.
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds