Delta wing question

More
21 Nov 2012 17:11 #3084 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Delta wing question

Hexperience wrote: Hmm. In the config I posted, on the main page, when I pull back on the elevator the first two bars go down as I expect them to. When I push right on Aileron the first bar goes down, second up, again as I expect.

In the monitor, pulling back on the Elevator makes the Ailerons work, side to side makes the Elevator work. Just as if ELE and AIL had been switched.

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that I'm using virtual channels?

No. It is just as I mentioned above. You reverse the output on channel 2. That won't show up on the main page, but will on the channel page. it has the effect of inverting the display of channel 1 on the channel page but not the main page, which causes the 'weird' behavior you are seeing.

You should likely not use a servo-reverse for a delta-wing config, as it will cause exactly this confusion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2012 17:46 #3085 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Delta wing question
Yes, thanks. Sorry I was editing my last post and didn't see your reply.

For anyone who cares, my last post has a very simple delta wing config with no virtual channels. All the trims work as expected thanks to PB fixing the reverse trim issue.

Cheers!

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
22 Nov 2012 00:41 #3089 by NotFastEnuf
Replied by NotFastEnuf on topic Delta wing question
I had the same issue but was able to work around it like this. When assigning an input from the aileron channel on the elevator - Do not use input labeled elev - use the channel 2 (or whatever channel number it is assigned to). This will keep the trims working in the correct direction. Also be sure to use the complex mixer to assign working trims to dual rates and such. I can load a model here if it would help anyone. Have dual rates and all trims working correctly in delta. It took me a while to figure it out - but as stated before, its understanding the difference between an input and an output channel. I assume this is why we have two choices such as elev and ch 2 ... correct?

More
13 Jan 2013 13:48 #4972 by marcochiu
Replied by marcochiu on topic Delta wing question
Please upload model which trim and dual rates are work. Thanks.

More
13 Jan 2013 18:13 #4982 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Delta wing question
marcochiu, see this it should get you on the right track, trims and 3 way rates work, check the fmod switch for throttle. Modify as you need.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-template...ith-3-position-rates

Adelaide

More
14 Jan 2013 06:29 #4999 by marcochiu
Thank you Stevecos. When rate is changed, per-defined trims are changed TOO. It is not good when flying, right? Please help. Thanks.

More
14 Jan 2013 10:42 - 14 Jan 2013 10:44 #5008 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Delta wing question
You can try disable trims at all mixer pages for Virt1 and Virt2, then enable trims at all mixer pages for elevon channels. Then you need check direction of trims.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 10:44 by vlad_vy.

More
14 Jan 2013 11:04 #5009 by marcochiu
Trim is disabled in all Virt1 and Virt2 mixers. But there has no trim option in Elevon channel, anything I miss?

More
14 Jan 2013 11:12 - 14 Jan 2013 11:15 #5010 by vlad_vy
At bottom any page of complex mixer there is Trimmer (No trimmer) button. You need set trimmer at mixer pages for ch1 and ch2. I don't know will it works for channel with source channel Virt1 and Virt2.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 11:15 by vlad_vy.

More
14 Jan 2013 13:41 #5012 by marcochiu
There has no trim button if src is virtual channel. If src is Ele, trim button will be appeared. Any other suggestion?

More
14 Jan 2013 13:48 #5013 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Delta wing question
FYI
The "Trim"/"No Trim" is only shown if there is trim setup configured for that source. If you configure trims for a virtual channel, then the button would be shown on the complex mixer page of that virtual channel...

More
14 Jan 2013 13:50 - 14 Jan 2013 13:54 #5014 by vlad_vy
I've checked several different elevon implementations with dual rates. At any case trim is scaled together with dual rate. I think there is a bug at complex mixer.

Even in case when all mixing implemented at one complex mix. Mux:mult multiply trim value.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 13:54 by vlad_vy.

More
14 Jan 2013 14:02 #5015 by marcochiu
I see. That's why there has no trim button in Ele channel (src: virtual channel) but just in virtual channel (src is Ele channel). Thank you FDR. However, is there any way to solve delta wing D/R issue?

More
14 Jan 2013 14:15 - 14 Jan 2013 14:29 #5016 by vlad_vy
Seems I created elevon configuration with dual rates and correct trim behaviour.

File Attachment:

File Name: Elevon1.ini
File Size:4 KB

If you need change direction one of elevons, simply reverse this channel, at channel properties.

Safe value for Throttle channel will be better set to -100%. I don't know why it set to 0%.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 14:29 by vlad_vy.

More
14 Jan 2013 18:43 #5019 by marcochiu
It seems work. Thank you so much, vlad-vy and all others. Have a nice day!

More
17 Mar 2013 00:51 #7840 by Kenfacemire
Replied by Kenfacemire on topic Delta wing question
Hello everyone I have the devo 8s and I downloaded this template so that I could fly my delta wing. The problem I got was when I moved my right stick to left and right my elevator was moving and when I move my right stick up and down my ailerons move. I just need them switched somehow. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thankyou! :cheer:

More
17 Mar 2013 03:29 #7843 by Kenfacemire
EDIT****** I was able to get my elevator to work properly but my aliron part of my elevons is backwards. Is there any way to fix this with the remote . I reversed the elevator channel to get the m to work right.

Thanks

More
19 Mar 2013 21:08 #7929 by Kenfacemire
NVM I figured it out but why can't I use the same setup in dsm2 mode? The radio resets its self.

More
24 Mar 2013 06:02 #8029 by N4JC
Replied by N4JC on topic Delta wing question

Hexperience wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote:

Hexperience wrote: - The channel monitor on the main page does not invert the channel when reversed. Try this; normal elevator up and down-> both monitors show up and down. Revers the server setting. Channel monitor in the model page shows correctly, main page still shows up for up.

Ahh. This is on purpose. The most common reason for using servo-reverse is thatthe servo doesn't move the direction you want it to (up is CW vs CCW). So on the main page, you don't want to see the reverse applied on the bar, since max-stick is still max-stick.
The channel page is really for debug, so you want to see what is actually being sent. So I apply the reverse there.

it must be the way I did my config... starting from scratch

If I do it without any virtual channels and only with mixes it behaves perfectly. Attached is a simple delta wing, very little config needed and the trims work correctly now (thanks PB)

A quick feedback, the model8.ini from Hexperience works for my new flying wing, looks simple and less complicated than others that uses virtual channel and such, maybe my need is simplier, so thanks for this.

All I needed was to reverse one of the channel to get one of the servo to go the correct direction.

Thanks again, this is great fun!

More
16 Oct 2013 21:54 #14709 by badbob88
Replied by badbob88 on topic Delta wing question
hexperience, could you post the simple delta wing config for me? can't find it. thanks in advance

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds