New White Devo 10

More
28 Mar 2014 23:38 - 29 Mar 2014 03:54 #21919 by Jasen
New White Devo 10 was created by Jasen
Does anyone know if the white Devo10 will work Deviation 4.01? I have one on the way to replace my Devo8 that has some range issues.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2014 03:54 by Jasen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2014 00:55 #21922 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New White Devo 10
It has not been tested to my knowledge. It will depend on if they use a different firmware for the White or not. If they do, I do not recommend trying to install Deviation unless there is a firmware download available on Walkera.com

More
29 Mar 2014 03:58 #21925 by Jasen
Replied by Jasen on topic New White Devo 10
Thanks for the reply, sorry about the typos. I will check out Walkera's website once its back online. I am going to be bummed if it does not work. I am a happy camper with this sweet firmware, and it would hard to go backwards. Plus my new P51 ultra would become a shelf queen.

More
29 Mar 2014 05:25 #21927 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic New White Devo 10
May be you should replace radio module in your Devo8? Something like this:
www.rc711.com/shop/walkera-devention-upg...nsmitter-p-5972.html

They're out of stock but you've got the idea.

More
29 Mar 2014 06:39 #21928 by Jasen
I thought about that. The transmitter has the same issue when flying Hisky birds, using a nrf24l01 module.

More
29 Mar 2014 07:08 #21929 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic New White Devo 10
May be you placed two antennas of the modules too close to each other? RF at 2.4GHz is a very peculiar thing - if these antennas are aligned, close to each other and their active parts overlap, they can reduce each other's efficiency severely.

More
29 Mar 2014 17:59 - 29 Mar 2014 19:43 #21936 by Jasen
Thanks guys for the replies, and help. I should have put this out before, the problem existed even before adding the new module. I have tried the module in different positions also. I thought it was an issue with my V120D02s' rx. Once I replaced the frame on the Master CP it had the same issue. I found a local user that test my Heli with his tx, and they did not have the issue anymore. I am thinking there may be an issue with whatever chip is boasting the power to to the transmitter modules. Another point to add is I can use my transmitter without issue using an HT8 module plugged into training/buddy box port.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2014 19:43 by Jasen.

More
29 Mar 2014 23:31 #21942 by PhracturedBlue
Because of how the radio works, it is not possible that there is anything wrong with the radio as a whole. It cannot sned a weak signal to the transceiver module. If both nrf24l01 and cyrf modules have short range they are either both damaged, interacting in some way, shielded inside the transmitter somehow, or you have huge amounts of 2.4GHz radiation surrounding them somehow. I can understand how frustrating it must be, and I would expect that a new radio will solve the issue (unless it is the aura of 2.4GHz radiation thing), but it likely wasn't necessary. Should you like to fix your Devo8 at some time, there are folks here who will walk you through systematically debugging the issue.

On the other hand, congrats on your new Devo10 purchase, I hope we can get it working with Deviation soon.

More
30 Mar 2014 04:44 #21951 by MassiveOverkill
Replied by MassiveOverkill on topic New White Devo 10
I have 2 on the way. I guess we'll find out.

More
12 Apr 2014 16:35 #22364 by Jasen
Mine finally arrived yesterday.
The firmware is V0.7A/0.2, the same as the latest Black Devo10's firmware. It seems that it is just a new color, and possible antennae mode. The antennae looks just like any other 5db antennae. I had no problem flashing and running Deviation 4.01. Next step will be getting a nRF24L01+PA installed.

More
12 Apr 2014 16:39 #22365 by Mmon77
Replied by Mmon77 on topic New White Devo 10
Cool. Good to know that it's still the same TX basically, and most importantly, that Deviation still works on it!

More
12 Apr 2014 19:14 - 12 Apr 2014 19:15 #22368 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic New White Devo 10
My buddy takes a white to me for testing..

When I observed with my basic spectrum analyser, I see no difference in output power compared with my D10 and D7e. Interestingly, inside the power menu, the highest option for output is +20dBm which in contrast to what rumor has it that the white one has longer range ...

cmPang
Last edit: 12 Apr 2014 19:15 by cmpang.

More
12 Apr 2014 21:41 #22371 by PhracturedBlue
Not too surprising. Regulations basically limit them to 20dBm, and that is about the peak for all the PA I've seen on the market. They may be able to find more powerful ones, but the likelihood of being able to sell in the US at least is low. Since they didn't change the protocol, the only other thing they could reasonably do would be to improve the RF board design (improve efficiently) or alter the antenna design. I'd be interested in a pic of under the RF shield if anyone ever gives it a go.

More
13 Apr 2014 02:32 #22374 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic New White Devo 10
too bad that it doesn't belongs to me or I will do it otherwise... :(

More
13 Apr 2014 05:47 #22377 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic New White Devo 10
Antenna looks to be in the ballpark of 5dbi as opposed to 3dbi on the black Devo10. My guess would be this is the only "improvement" made.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
13 Apr 2014 06:47 #22378 by Jasen

PhracturedBlue wrote: Not too surprising. Regulations basically limit them to 20dBm, and that is about the peak for all the PA I've seen on the market. They may be able to find more powerful ones, but the likelihood of being able to sell in the US at least is low. Since they didn't change the protocol, the only other thing they could reasonably do would be to improve the RF board design (improve efficiently) or alter the antenna design. I'd be interested in a pic of under the RF shield if anyone ever gives it a go.

When I get my nRF24L01+PA in,and go to install it, I might give the shield removal a shot. My soldering skill are not that great, but it should be that difficult to put it back after i remove it

More
13 Apr 2014 07:01 #22379 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New White Devo 10

PhracturedBlue wrote: Not too surprising. Regulations basically limit them to 20dBm, and that is about the peak for all the PA I've seen on the market. They may be able to find more powerful ones, but the likelihood of being able to sell in the US at least is low. Since they didn't change the protocol, the only other thing they could reasonably do would be to improve the RF board design (improve efficiently) or alter the antenna design. I'd be interested in a pic of under the RF shield if anyone ever gives it a go.

Do you think is not also possible to reduce speed communication in order to increase RX sensibility of 6dBm ?

More
13 Apr 2014 07:23 #22382 by PhracturedBlue
If they changed the protocol to reduce the speed (which is the only way to do it), it would mean a change to all receivers too. that hasn't happen, so the protocol hasn't changed (also, it uses the same firmware as the black)

More
14 Jul 2015 13:45 - 14 Jul 2015 13:47 #35440 by vaibhav27
Replied by vaibhav27 on topic New White Devo 10
I need help please. I got the white devo 10.
I tried flashing the latest deviation software and on the first step itself I am having problems.
The first step is to press the ext button and switch on the tx with usb. I get a message "program update". And after that it does not move.
What do I do?
Please help me.
I am trying to get my Hcp100s airborne and I am having troubles. My heli doesn't respond properly. Can someone please send the settings o stock firmware as well please or maybe a ini file.
Thank you :)
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 13:47 by vaibhav27.

More
14 Jul 2015 16:59 - 14 Jul 2015 16:59 #35448 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic New White Devo 10
your tx is doing the exact right thing. your are skipping a few steps. usb part comes later.
first you have to instal the deviation firmware. for that you have to install the dfuse programm and download the deviation software.
to do that you need the tx to go in the program update mode.
when you have flashed the new firmware then you have to start up the tx while holding the ENT button; this is the usb part. now you have to format the usb and copy the needed files.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 16:59 by TomPeer.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds