Hooking up Logic Analyzer ....Help please

More
20 Dec 2014 18:20 #27110 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Hooking up Logic Analyzer ....Help please
With the nightly build, try adding the line "force = 1" to the modules section in hardware.ini. The error screen will still show up, but after clicking through it the nRF module should still be enabled. See if you can bind and fly, and if it flies smoothly. Check if it resets when switching to other models.

Does the missing module screen still show both nRF and multimodule?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2014 20:21 #27112 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Hooking up Logic Analyzer ....Help please
ok loaded the standard nightly and added the force=1 and it says missing module when powering up as it did before..

Yes it says both missing nrf and multimod but if i hit ok on the screen it does not reboot it goes to the binding process but it will not bind to my cx10

More
20 Dec 2014 22:00 - 20 Dec 2014 22:01 #27115 by hexfet
It sure seems to me the cpu is not receiving data from the nRF. I looked at the 4.0.1bindtocx10 analyzer data. It didn't look like nRF data, and I don't know the other chips enough to tell if it's valid or not.

Here's a build that has the workaround posted here . If this works it would confirm the code isn't getting data from the nRF. This is from the nightly plus a few things. You'll still need the "force = 1" in hardware.ini.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Dec 2014 22:01 by hexfet.

More
20 Dec 2014 22:06 #27116 by magic_marty
k i give it a try and report back....

More
20 Dec 2014 22:20 #27117 by magic_marty
it powers up and says missing module NRF and no longer says missing multimod but it still will not bind to the cx10 ..i can switch between model files with out it hanging tho

More
21 Dec 2014 17:50 #27122 by hexfet
Ouch. Haven't learned much. With 4.0.1 it seems data's not received from the nRF, and there's some difference between 4.0.1 and the nightly build. Possibly the nightly is not able to send data to the nRF. Does a cyrf protocol work with the nightly?

Can anyone confirm successfully using an nRF module with the nightly build in Devo 12?

I built the same code for my 10 and it works fine. My configuration is similar (nRF and A7105 installed individually).

At this point it's back to debugging the hardware. If it was mine I'd:
- check the 3.3V and 5V supply voltages
- check the connections to the nRF for the 57th time (all connect to the right places and no shorts between them)
- watch the spi signals with a scope to ensure the levels are good
- attach the logic analyzer and capture the spi signals and both the nRF and cyrf enable signals when turning on with the cx10 model selected

More
21 Dec 2014 18:06 #27123 by magic_marty
yes the cyrf works fine with the nightly i have several flight on other models with it..

I picked up a 12s from the classifieds on RCG less then a year old never used...will see if it works on it when i receive it in a couple days or so ,if it works then it has to be something in the 12 i have if not then has be something related to ether the module or the nightly or as i suspect the 12 i have now has issues from the superb walkera quality control...

More
21 Dec 2014 20:32 #27128 by magic_marty

hexfet wrote: Ouch. Haven't learned much. With 4.0.1 it seems data's not received from the nRF, and there's some difference between 4.0.1 and the nightly build. Possibly the nightly is not able to send data to the nRF. Does a cyrf protocol work with the nightly?

Can anyone confirm successfully using an nRF module with the nightly build in Devo 12?

I built the same code for my 10 and it works fine. My configuration is similar (nRF and A7105 installed individually).

At this point it's back to debugging the hardware. If it was mine I'd:
- check the 3.3V and 5V supply voltages
- check the connections to the nRF for the 57th time (all connect to the right places and no shorts between them)
- watch the spi signals with a scope to ensure the levels are good
- attach the logic analyzer and capture the spi signals and both the nRF and cyrf enable signals when turning on with the cx10 model selected

Where should i be getting 5v at? from what i remember last time i checked it i am only getting 3.3v on both the vcc and the tms pins on the pcb...could be mistaking and i will check again to be sure...

More
22 Dec 2014 00:25 #27131 by hexfet
Was just listing the general steps I would take. Had 5V on the mind as I'm also working on a 9x.

More
30 Dec 2014 07:25 #27329 by magic_marty
Looks like the 12s i bought will be here today and i will test out the module in it to see if it works and report my results...
Also i received the A7105 module from BG but i do not have any models at this time to test them out on...:(

More
31 Dec 2014 03:56 #27369 by magic_marty
Update to those been following this thread...i reveived the used devo12s and after repairing the cracked gimbal it received in shipping i proceeded to install the same Nightly Build i have on my devo8 and removed the cyrf + NRF module from my devo12 that it would not work in and installed it in the 12s and now the module works fine and the 12s binds and flies my cx-10 perfectly...I have absolutly no idea why the module would not work correctly in the 12 but works perfect in the 12s...perhaps its the difference in the board versions don't know...

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds