Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6

More
27 Apr 2015 03:24 #31688 by timmyd463229
Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6 was created by timmyd463229
I'd like to use my devo 10 as a slave to a dx6 is this possible with deviation. I have asked on other forums but the person said to use ppm in as stick but it does not work. The dx6 says no slave found. Could I get any help on this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2015 15:18 #31739 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6
To use the Devo Tx as a master, you need to use PPMIn to either Stick or Channel mode to read PPM from the trainer port. To use it as a slave, you want to set the Protocol to PPM, to output PPM on the trainer port.

Section 10.1 of the Devo 10 manual covers the details.

Deviation does not support the new wireless buddy box modes.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Apr 2015 15:37 #31740 by timmyd463229
Replied by timmyd463229 on topic Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6

mwm wrote: To use the Devo Tx as a master, you need to use PPMIn to either Stick or Channel mode to read PPM from the trainer port. To use it as a slave, you want to set the Protocol to PPM, to output PPM on the trainer port.

Section 10.1 of the Devo 10 manual covers the details.
So it works with deviation right? I'm not running the stock firmware. And does it need to be a certain nightly?
Deviation does not support the new wireless buddy box modes.

More
28 Apr 2015 20:03 #31748 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6
If you want to use the DX6 as the master, why don't you use the wireless trainer function? I use even the crappy RTF TXs from Horizon Hobby, to teach some of the kids in my neighborhood to fly their planes, quads and coax helis.

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
28 Apr 2015 21:12 #31755 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6
Because someone needs to implement it. To do this you need to have Devo, DX6 and at least one of the crappy RTF TXs (which one specifically?). You need to solder to DX6 and another TX and figure out protocol and implement it in Deviation.

More
28 Apr 2015 21:19 #31756 by timmyd463229
I know some people are using orangerx as ppm in on the devoted so you can do wireless buddybox. But I don't want to do that I just want to do it the old way. Use a cable from the dx6 to the devo 10

More
28 Apr 2015 22:55 #31763 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6
I have no real idea what I'm talking about here, but a few weeks back at my local flying field one of the guys with a Spektrum of some sort(!) got my devo6s buddied up as the learner by somehow just binding as DSM(2/X?). I can't remember if I bound to him, or he bound to me, but it worked, he was the master and I was, well, the apprentice. No physical connections at all, and no add-ons.

More
28 Apr 2015 23:17 #31764 by timmyd463229

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: I have no real idea what I'm talking about here, but a few weeks back at my local flying field one of the guys with a Spektrum of some sort(!) got my devo6s buddied up as the learner by somehow just binding as DSM(2/X?). I can't remember if I bound to him, or he bound to me, but it worked, he was the master and I was, well, the apprentice. No physical connections at all, and no add-ons.

that would be awesome if you could see how he did it. If it don't require no extra work other than using deviation I'd do that

More
29 Apr 2015 01:01 #31769 by RoGuE_StreaK
I'll ask next time I see him, could be this weekend or else it may be several weeks

More
29 Apr 2015 02:02 #31770 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Buddy box my devo 10 with dx6
According to this video on the DX9, the master looks like a regular DSM receiver to the slave (doesn't say 2 or X or either).

More
29 Apr 2015 04:47 #31784 by RoGuE_StreaK

hexfet wrote: According to this video on the DX9, the master looks like a regular DSM receiver to the slave (doesn't say 2 or X or either).

That sounds about right, as in the DX9 acts for all intents and purposes as an RX. Can't recall precisely, but that corresponds with the little I do recall.

I guess the question then is whether the DX6 also has this ability; a quick search (I don't know anything about Spektrums) seemed to indicate that the DX6 and DX9 are very similar, just that the DX9 has more channels and voice prompts?

In Deviation world you tend to forget that others have to buy new TX's just to get a few more channels, or 5-point curves :P

More
30 Apr 2015 01:57 #31826 by timmyd463229
I wanted to let you guys know that it works to use the devo 10 as a wireless slave with the dx6 as the wireless master as per the video that was posted earlier. I didn't even have to reverse any channels. Thank you guys a lot

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds