6 flightmode settings

More
03 May 2015 07:36 #32000 by Freimanis
6 flightmode settings was created by Freimanis
Hello guys

Sure hope at least one of you can assist me in setting up my Fmod switch and AileD/R to switch in between the 6 flightmmodes on Arducopter.
Setting it up on the stock firmwhare was ok but im somehow lost with deviation, cant get allocating the switches right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2015 08:01 #32002 by vlad_vy

More
03 May 2015 14:06 #32006 by Freimanis
Replied by Freimanis on topic 6 flightmode settings
this is turning out to be a nightmare and am about to go back to stock firmwhare. is there anyway I can just use the fmod and ail dr switch to switch flightmode like in stock firmware?

More
03 May 2015 15:15 #32008 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 6 flightmode settings

Freimanis wrote: this is turning out to be a nightmare and am about to go back to stock firmwhare. is there anyway I can just use the fmod and ail dr switch to switch flightmode like in stock firmware?

Yes. However, the extra power that deviation has comes from it being much more general, which means that it doesn't have settings specific to things like flight modes, or aircraft types, or etc. So you have to know how to do those things, rather than depending on the transmitter to know how to do them. It's not for everyone, and at least one person before you gave up in disgust, saying something about not wanting to have to get a computer science degree to program his transmitter.

So if you can tell me what the radio signals have to be for the ArduCopter flight modes, I can tell you how to make deviation do that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 May 2015 02:18 #32034 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic 6 flightmode settings
It's not hard to do if you like I can upoad my model file that has 6 flight modes and you can adjust and mod it to your liking..the way I set it up is no matter what mode it's in RTL takes priority when selected

More
04 May 2015 02:39 #32036 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic 6 flightmode settings
here ya go this might be what you are looking for but you will have to tweek it to your liking...you can change the switches to which ever you

want by changing them in the mixers...
Attachments:

More
04 May 2015 05:13 #32042 by Freimanis
Hello again, I will load those settings, im really taken aback by the support I get here. Thank you so much

More
04 May 2015 05:17 #32043 by Freimanis
This is that segment I followed to the T and it worked. Idealy id like to get the same setup.

Switch Mapping on the Devo-10

To allocate the FMOD switch to the Rx Ch5 (Gear) to change Flight Modes:
Model Menu->Device Select->Flight Switch: FMOD SW
Model Menu->Device Output->Gear: FMOD SW
Model Menu->Device Output->Gear Function: Active
To allocate the Aux 5 rotary knob to Ch6 (Aux 1 / Flap):
Model Menu->Device Output->Flap: AUX5 KB
Model Menu->Device Output->Flap Function: Active
To allocate the Gear switch to Ch 7 (Aux 2 / Gyro)
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX2: GEAR SW
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX2 Function: Active
To allocate the AILE D/R switch to Ch 8 (Aux 3)
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX3: AILE D/R
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX3 Function: Active
Mission Planner

With your APM connected to the Mission Planner and the Devo-10 paired with the Rx, carry out Radio Calibration, moving all the switches and rotary knobs. You should see Radio 5 going through 1100, 1500 and 1900; Radio 6 between 1100 to 1900; Radio 7 - 1100 and 1900; Radio 8 - 1100 and 1900. Don't worry if these figures are plus or minus 1 or 2.

In the Flight Modes menu you should now be able to switch between 3 different flight modes. And in the Standard Params->ArduCopter Config menu you can allocate Ch 7 Opt to Simple Mode, and Ch6 Opt to tune one of the parameters (make sure you read instructions elsewhere in this forum and the wiki on how and what to tune).

Note that with Ch 7 Opt to Simple Mode, there are no visual indication in Mission Planner that Simple Mode is selected - but it does work.

Modifying the switches to get 6 Flight Modes

Now for the tricky part - currently FMOD gives us 1100, 1500 and 1900. The ideal figures we're looking for are 1165, 1295, 1425, 1555, 1685 and 1815. What we will do is get the FMOD switch to produce 1165, 1425, and 1685 and then use AILE D/R to increase the FMOD output by 130 to give us 1295, 1555, and 1815:
Function Menu->Travel Adjust->Gear: +65.0% -65.0%
Function Menu->Sub Trim->Gear: -19.0%
Function Menu->Program Mix->Mix 1: Normal (press Ent to Hold All Servos)
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Master: AUX3
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Slave: Gear
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Pos 0 (+): +50%
All the other settings in Program Mix 1 should be left at their default settings. Press Ext several times to return to the default screen on the Devo-10.

Now go back to Mission Planner and do the Radio Calibration again. You should be able to get the 6 distinct values on Radio 5.

Now go to the Flight Modes menu as set up the modes as you require.

More
17 May 2017 04:47 #62380 by reednoel4u
Replied by reednoel4u on topic 6 flightmode settings

Freimanis wrote: This is that segment I followed to the T and it worked. Idealy id like to get the same setup.

Switch Mapping on the Devo-10

To allocate the FMOD switch to the Rx Ch5 (Gear) to change Flight Modes:
Model Menu->Device Select->Flight Switch: FMOD SW
Model Menu->Device Output->Gear: FMOD SW
Model Menu->Device Output->Gear Function: Active
To allocate the Aux 5 rotary knob to Ch6 (Aux 1 / Flap):
Model Menu->Device Output->Flap: AUX5 KB
Model Menu->Device Output->Flap Function: Active
To allocate the Gear switch to Ch 7 (Aux 2 / Gyro)
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX2: GEAR SW
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX2 Function: Active
To allocate the AILE D/R switch to Ch 8 (Aux 3)
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX3: AILE D/R
Model Menu->Device Output->AUX3 Function: Active
Mission Planner

With your APM connected to the Mission Planner and the Devo-10 paired with the Rx, carry out Radio Calibration, moving all the switches and rotary knobs. You should see Radio 5 going through 1100, 1500 and 1900; Radio 6 between 1100 to 1900; Radio 7 - 1100 and 1900; Radio 8 - 1100 and 1900. Don't worry if these figures are plus or minus 1 or 2.

In the Flight Modes menu you should now be able to switch between 3 different flight modes. And in the Standard Params->ArduCopter Config menu you can allocate Ch 7 Opt to Simple Mode, and Ch6 Opt to tune one of the parameters (make sure you read instructions elsewhere in this forum and the wiki on how and what to tune).

Note that with Ch 7 Opt to Simple Mode, there are no visual indication in Mission Planner that Simple Mode is selected - but it does work.

Modifying the switches to get 6 Flight Modes

Now for the tricky part - currently FMOD gives us 1100, 1500 and 1900. The ideal figures we're looking for are 1165, 1295, 1425, 1555, 1685 and 1815. What we will do is get the FMOD switch to produce 1165, 1425, and 1685 and then use AILE D/R to increase the FMOD output by 130 to give us 1295, 1555, and 1815:
Function Menu->Travel Adjust->Gear: +65.0% -65.0%
Function Menu->Sub Trim->Gear: -19.0%
Function Menu->Program Mix->Mix 1: Normal (press Ent to Hold All Servos)
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Master: AUX3
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Slave: Gear
Function Menu->Program Mix 1->Pos 0 (+): +50%
All the other settings in Program Mix 1 should be left at their default settings. Press Ext several times to return to the default screen on the Devo-10.

Now go back to Mission Planner and do the Radio Calibration again. You should be able to get the 6 distinct values on Radio 5.

Now go to the Flight Modes menu as set up the modes as you require.

Hello all,
I'm newbie, and need somebody help me with same matter.
I'm mixing 6 flight mode on Devo10 stock ok, bit don't know how to mix with Devo 10, deviation ver 5.0.
Please help me mixing its
Thanks
Reed Noel

More
17 May 2017 10:45 #62384 by mario123
Replied by mario123 on topic 6 flightmode settings
I can give you my model file for an Pixhawk where I'm mixing 6 flightmodes with 3 switches, maybe you can take some inspiration :)
Attachments:

More
17 May 2017 11:54 #62385 by reednoel4u
Replied by reednoel4u on topic 6 flightmode settings

mario123 wrote: I can give you my model file for an Pixhawk where I'm mixing 6 flightmodes with 3 switches, maybe you can take some inspiration :)

Dear mario123,
Thanks for your ini file. I understand.
Rgs
Reed Noel

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds