Have the DSM2/DSMX range issues been fixed yet?

More
13 Aug 2015 20:38 #36853 by neener
I read on one of your threads about DSM2/DSMX range issues but I didn't see a resolution post.
Has it been fixed, if so what was it? thx in advance =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2015 04:02 #36862 by mwm
Can you provide more information about these range issues? A pointer to the threads in question would be good. The only one I remember off the top of my head was never resolved, but was apparently caused by a lot of 2.4GHz rf noise in the parking garage. There were some issues with telemetry and the 7E, but I don't believe they were range related.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
14 Aug 2015 04:49 #36866 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Have the DSM2/DSMX range issues been fixed yet?
What about the original 7e diode mod to increase output power?

Devo's original sin ... :-)

More
14 Aug 2015 10:42 - 14 Aug 2015 10:47 #36873 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Have the DSM2/DSMX range issues been fixed yet?
I am N O T aware of DSMx range issues with enabled telemetry on genuine Spektrum AR8000+TM1000 equipment with deviation-devo10-v4.0.1-fcd0669 flying 450er heli at 100mw: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=340#33913

I even had NO range issues on nightly build 92e1705 flying my 200QX quad. You find my postings about my tests if you scroll back some pages in the DSM telemetry support thread.
The quad was much further away than my 450er heli and I had N O T any loss of connection / telemetry when I lost orientation and the wind blow it further away (I could not find out how the quad exactly reacted to all my steering / throttle commands).

Some details of 4.1 RC (planned parallel firmware protocol builds): www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...rizon?start=80#34927

However I planned some more detail testings with latest nightly builds as well as Indigos DSM protocol changes test build (latest) to help the developers. As most users I am missing GPS or altimeter sensors.

My quick ground range tests with the fcd0669 nightly build where quite successful: I get about ~62m with AR6210 just like with my old Spektrum DX8 and new HF module.

I just wanted to re-test with 100uw, 300uw and see how many FrameLosses I would get >30-35m. I had switched over to 1mw output power for ground tests. Some code changes may have improved the range on 100uw/300uw as well as.
Horizon / Spektrum just writes about ~30m in their manual to ground test range.

There are some DSM protocol source code changes in nightly-build 4b3dc91: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=360#36787

Indigos DSM/Walkera protocol changes from test builds as well as latest nightly builds (small changes here and there) are open to detail tested with some crash-proof planes too by mass of testers.

Despite there might be some problems for testers:
- having not the right genuine Spektrum receivers including telemetry (every test without concrete FlightLog is almost useless in my eyes)
- having crash-proof planes/quads/helis
- missing written-down test concepts to follow for repeating results across testers
- missing time for advanced / detail tests including telemetry

all DeviationTX users are very welcome to help to make ground detail 100uw-1mw range tests (with repeating same test concepts across testers) as well in-flight testing protocol improvements and changes of Indigos test build, e.g:
- RX telemetry behavior (displaying/switching FlightLog numbers, invertings, time to re-display Fades/FrameLosses on re-connections, etc.)
- checking loss of telemetry connections when telemetry out-of-range
- testing possible RX<->TX deadlocking situations on ground + in-flight which have been re-engineered

Nevertheless I am N O T aware of any DSMx RX<->TX deadlocking connection or weird bind situations so far for offical nightly builds fcd0669 and 92e1705 (older/last NB from PB repository + DSM telemetry enhancements)!

Thomas
Last edit: 14 Aug 2015 10:47 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds