Delay on virtual channel for mix?

More
09 Sep 2015 10:59 #37596 by RoGuE_StreaK
Delay on virtual channel for mix? was created by RoGuE_StreaK
So apparently you can set the delay on a channel to slow the value; for example, a switch triggering a channel change from 0 to +50 can be made to do the change over several seconds, say for slow flaps? But this speed applies to every interaction on that channel, correct?

I have two separate aileron channels set up (plane), with multiple rates, plus a mix for flaperons and spoilerons. Is there any way possible to set the latter on a virtual channel somehow so that they have the delay applied, but the ailerons react instantly? I realise also that virtual channels don't seem to have a delay setting, so it would probably have to be the other way around, with the "real" channels having the delay and switches, then mix in the aileron from the virtual?
So delay on the values set by the switches (slow flaperons/spoilerons) mixed with non-delayed aileron mix with multi-rates?
Clear as mud?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2015 23:02 #37607 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Delay on virtual channel for mix?
Yup, I have no idea what you're really trying to do. However, there's a "delay" mixer type that might do what you want. Just put it on the virtual channel you want to delay. Lie any other mixer, you can enable/disable it with a switch.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Sep 2015 23:40 #37609 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Delay on virtual channel for mix?
Sorry, was late when I wrote that.
Delay mixer type? I was only aware of the Delay setting in the channel settings. I'll investigate tomorrow.

What I'm trying to achieve is a delay (ie. slow change) for only a certain action in the mix, not everything on that channel. In this case, the desire is for an aileron to operate at normal speed, but mix in some flaperon or spoileron at a delayed speed. They aren't dedicated flaps as per other discussions about delay on a channel, where the transition from one state to another is delayed for everything that happens on the channel.

I've currently got Fixed values being for flaperon and spoileron being added to the aileron using an Addition mixer; eg. -15 for flaperon, +40 for spoileron (not real numbers), switched with Mix1 and Mix2. So going from -15 on Mix1 to +40 on Mix 2 is a +55 change in an instant; I'd like to slow this change to ease any effect on flight (and servos), while still retaining normal aileron control.
Doable, or not yet with the current (nightly) mixers?

More
10 Sep 2015 00:03 #37610 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Delay on virtual channel for mix?
I'm still lost, probably because I've never done a flaperon/spoileron mix.

I think what you have is a mixer that adds a fixed value to the channel, enabled by a switch.

if that's the case, then what you can do is set up a virtual channel whose source is the switch, then a second mixer whose type is "delay" that slows things down by however much you want.

Then change your current mixer to a 1-1 mix whose source is the new virtual channel, scaled to get the values you want. You'll get the delay going in both directions if you don't use a switch to enable it. If you use a switch to enable it, it'll go back to not adding instantly when you turn the switch off.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
10 Sep 2015 00:03 - 10 Sep 2015 00:13 #37611 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic Delay on virtual channel for mix?
I do what you want on my A-10 flaps to elevator mix. My flaps deploy slow and my elevator mix is slow with my flaps. My elevator still reacts quickly to stick movement. Search for my Freewing A-10 post. I posted my model there. To be honest, I can't remember what I did exactly but it won't be difficult to reverse engineer it. Take a look and let us know if that helps you or not.
Also check this thread out www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-requests...lap-deployment#30592

-Jasen
Last edit: 10 Sep 2015 00:13 by Jasenk.

More
10 Sep 2015 01:07 #37615 by RoGuE_StreaK
Thanks Mike and Jasen, yep that's what I'm after, and Jasen's link seems to list the process pretty well. I should be able to get around to testing it tomorrow.
Dropped my TX the other week and snapped off the FMOD 3-way, so will be a bit limited in my experimentations until the replacement arrives (FYI it seems to be the same as the FrSky Taranis ones, which are more commonly listed; goodluckbuy have them with free shipping for those where international shipping costs more than the switch from other sources)

More
11 Sep 2015 00:28 #37648 by RoGuE_StreaK
Thanks guys, I've got it working. For the size of the throws (about -4mm for flaperon, +10mm for spoileron [-40 and +90]) I ended up going for a scale on the delay of about 30, otherwise the spoilerons took seemingly forever. A scale of 30 slowed it down nicely but kept things smooth.

One things I noticed, which isn't an issue for me but would be good to get figured out, is that the delay applies when going from mix0 to mix1, and mix1 to mix2, then back from mix2 to mix1, BUT on going from mix1 to mix0 there is no delay? As per mwm's comment, I don't have a switch on the delay mux.

Might post a setup and video when I get everything else sorted. Looking at doing some fancy variable aileron differential tied to rudder inputs, as an experiment.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds