Help with Devo 7e and hubsan X4 will not fly

More
22 Sep 2015 06:21 #37950 by JP Gagnon
I have a Devo 7e that has firmware Deviation devo7e-v4.0,1-ef0d76d I found the HubsanX4.ini file and the ProtoX.ini files and copied them to the transmitter no problems. They bind just fine but when you start to spin the props up the right rear prop doesn't start spinning until you give it quite a bit more gas. You can't get it off the ground just flips over or just out of control. I tried recalibrating the gyro several times and it flashes that it has done so but it still suffers from the same issue. I am pretty sure it is the gyro because if you hold the X4 in your hand and tilt the nose down while feeding it throttle both rear props spin up equally, if you hold it level or nose up the front props and left rear spin up equally but the right rear doesn't spin up until you give it a good bit of gas. If I use the stock transmitter it works as normal and all 3 of my X4's do this. I also put 4 different HubsanX4.ini files on the TX and none of them help What is it that I am missing? Thank you

My a7105 module
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2015 18:19 #37965 by mickkn
Do you have the flip switch binded?

I think that the Hubsans are set to Expert Mode by default, so I made some RATE setting to lower the roll/pitch rate on the transmitter. But sounds odd that it flips over? Could you make a video of the behavior ?

More
22 Sep 2015 19:49 #37966 by mwm
Calibrate your Tx? Check the channel monitor and verify that the channels all have the output you expect?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Sep 2015 05:58 #38073 by JP Gagnon
Replied by JP Gagnon on topic Help with Devo 7e and hubsan X4 will not fly
Thank you mwm!!! All I had to do was calibrate my Tx. I'm very new to all this but thanks for the help and for Deviation.

More
26 Sep 2015 08:45 - 26 Sep 2015 08:51 #38077 by aMax
Don't use the old wiring with the Hubsan. You have a nightly on your tx.
First of all it will drain your batteries very fast and you will have no telemetry for the voltage. Use GIO1& GIO2 instead of VCC & GND. for RXEN and TXEN.
RXEN > GIO2 and TXEN > GIO1..........

Edit:... and you go near to the limit of the LDO at your Devo7e!

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 26 Sep 2015 08:51 by aMax.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds