Is there a "For Dummies" version for Deviation?

More
23 Dec 2015 22:52 #41106 by o2jmpr
I'm soooo lost. I earnestly tried to research and figure things out on my own, but all the posts I'm reading here are completely over my head. To be truthful, I don't even WANT to understand some of the stuff you guys are doing. :)

So... Is there a "for dummies" tutorial here that would help me with a couple things? I just purchased a Devo 7E cause I heard it was the greatest thing ever made. I have one green board and a small fleet of blue board CX-10's (and a handful of Eachine H8's on the way) that I want to use the Devo with.

My understanding so far is to solder in the NRF24L01 board, grab Defuse and then flash 4.0.1 and modify an .ini file. All that was from a Youtube I watched by Frequent Flyer. From there I'm lost and would appreciate the pity of some kind soul. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2015 00:21 #41109 by RedSleds

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
28 Dec 2015 21:18 #41214 by o2jmpr
Thank you for that. It's information I've already seen though.

I guess to be more specific. What do I need to make my blue board CX-10
's and New Eachine H8's fly? I've seen CX-10 blue board TEST files and see a slew of NIGHTLY BUILDS, but there's no specific info I see within those downloads that help me tell exactly what they do or how to make them work. Are they installed as stand-alone files on top of the main 4.0.1 and then just selected separately from the 7e tx menu when flying those models?

More
30 Dec 2015 17:39 #41263 by cyclops13
Replied by cyclops13 on topic Is there a "For Dummies" version for Deviation?
I am not sure about CX10 (should be similar) but for H8, you need to do the following -

1. Install the NRF module
2. Flash the latest nightly build
3. Copy the model.ini
4. Bind and fly!

More
30 Dec 2015 23:11 #41265 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Is there a "For Dummies" version for Deviation?
It should be noted (any way of adding a text note to the releases downloads page?) that generally speaking the Nightly builds are the ones to be downloading nowadays; check out the release dates to see if there's one that hasn't been superseded straight away (usually a bug fix if that happens), but nowadays it's pretty well tested before build, and the nightlies include ALL of the changes since 4.0.1, which has been quite a lot (mostly protocols, but also functionality)

More
31 Dec 2015 00:29 #41268 by o2jmpr
Ok! Now we're cooking. Thank you both for the replies.

So the Nightly Builds are just a continually running update as new fixes come out and new models are added right? Test files are those things being worked on before they "officially" make it the Nightly Builds, then I suppose the Nightly Builds occasionally get all their files fully validated and become included in official releases. Something along those lines anyway.

Hopefully my 7e and NRF will be here next week and I can dive into this. Thanks again everyone!

More
31 Dec 2015 07:06 #41277 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Is there a "For Dummies" version for Deviation?

o2jmpr wrote: So the Nightly Builds are just a continually running update as new fixes come out and new models are added right?

Yup, that sounds like a good summary - mind if we nick it? :silly:

o2jmpr wrote: Hopefully my 7e and NRF will be here next week and I can dive into this.

Don't forget that you can also download the "emulator" version beforehand to run on your PC, to get some sort of idea how the interface works. That said, the 7E one uses keyboard keys and I'm not sure where they're written down; the 6S/8S version is easier to navigate as you can use a mouse (touch screen)

More
31 Dec 2015 12:40 #41281 by Deal57
Chapter 12 of the User Guides shows the keys used by the Emulator.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds