Devo10 Progress(2)

More
05 Nov 2012 13:54 - 05 Nov 2012 14:03 #2693 by suvsuv
Devo10 Progress(2) was created by suvsuv
Porting deviation to devo10 is 99% done, only 2 pages remains
1) Telemetry: PB is still working on it so I don't want to bring merge conflict to related codes. Once PB gives a ready signal, I will have it ported to devo10.
2) Scanner: it is not a must-have feature so I will have this page ported when I am not busy.

Currently, I am working on the following devo10 specific add-on features:
1) Auto backlight off: the back consumes about 5-10 more mA currents for each step increasing, I will add a logic to have backlight off when there is no key pressed for given period of time , get back on once a key is pressed. This feature will be nice from the perspective of power-saving .
2) Vibration alert: the sound volume of devo10 is really low even though PB has set music playing to its maximum volume. The devo10 provide vibration alert as compensation. However, I don't have any information about vibration device's hardware connection and related PWM frequency, can any hardware guys give me some help on it ?

Here are some power consumption data with current version deviation 10:
1) TX power:
tx powerDeviation 10 (Backlight: 1)Walkera's factory firmware(Backlight:off)
150mw152mAn/a
100mw(20db)138mA143mA
30mw(15db)124mA131mA
10mw(10db)116mA117mA
3mw(5db)113mA109mA
1mw(0db)111.7mA108mA
300uw(-5db)111.0mA106mA
100uw111.8mAn/a

2) Backlight
Backlight stepsTX power:150mWTX power: 30mW
0(Off)136mA108mA
9(Max)188162

3) In terms of Contrast, there is almost no difference from contrast level #0 to #9
Last edit: 05 Nov 2012 14:03 by suvsuv.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2012 14:00 #2694 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Devo10 Progress(2)
Attachment is the latest FW with corresponding filesystem, you are welcome to play with them. Of coz on you own risk :cheer: You can also pull codes from PB's or my repo and make dfu by yourself

Currently it is still on alpha stage, I would suggest play with Mcpx, Minicp or 120d02
Please file bugs in this forum
Attachments:

More
05 Nov 2012 14:18 #2695 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo10 Progress(2)
a) You can pull the telemetry pages. While the logic itself still needs some work, the pages are not going to change much. Go ahead and get it in.
b) I agree the scanner isn't very useful.
c) If you are going to implement power off, do it for both models. Even if you can't test it is fine.

More
05 Nov 2012 14:33 #2697 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: a) You can pull the telemetry pages. While the logic itself still needs some work, the pages are not going to change much. Go ahead and get it in.
b) I agree the scanner isn't very useful.
c) If you are going to implement power off, do it for both models. Even if you can't test it is fine.

Will do a) and c)

More
05 Nov 2012 22:58 #2706 by rangebound
Replied by rangebound on topic Devo10 issue + removing completed issue tickets
@SuvSuv :

I didnt really want to raise this as an issue (I seem to be making a fair few)

It seems the AIL output on the monitor page is opposite to stick movement.

@PB or anyone

Is there a way of closing /deleting resolved issue tickets. I seem to have opened a fair few which have been dealt with already. So it would be good to be able to clean up the open issues list.

More
05 Nov 2012 23:45 #2707 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo10 issue + removing completed issue tickets
AIL and rudder have left as positive. that is just how it is supposed to be. It is just confusing because the bars are horizontal in the Devo10 layout.

You can resolve tickets yourself by pressingthe Resolve button in bitbucket

More
06 Nov 2012 02:08 #2713 by suvsuv

rangebound wrote: @SuvSuv :

I didnt really want to raise this as an issue (I seem to be making a fair few)

It seems the AIL output on the monitor page is opposite to stick movement.

Didn't notice that. Pls assign a bug to me, I will get it fixed

More
06 Nov 2012 03:13 #2715 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo10 issue + removing completed issue tickets
I've spent some time looking at the power myself.
Your changes do not change the power for the reasons you think they do. There is something going on with the compilation of the main loop. I've found various changes that affect the power, and it has nothing to do with the frequency of update of the 'low priority' things. It is either ~174mA or ~132mA (for backlight=1, power=100mW). There is no middle ground between the 2 . I can cause it to go from 174->132 by either adding or removing code to the main loop or by changing the order code is executed, or by changing compile options.

What I don't yet know is what the underlying cause is. But finding and fixing that is the right solution. Your 'low-priority' movement will likely break if we modify the event loop in any significant manner. Interestingly, there is no difference in the number of iterations-per-second when the Tx is consuming 174mW or 132mW. It is very odd, but I will continue to work on it.

More
06 Nov 2012 05:51 #2716 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Devo10 Progress(2)

suvsuv wrote: Attachment is the latest FW with corresponding filesystem, you are welcome to play with them. Of coz on you own risk :cheer: You can also pull codes from PB's or my repo and make dfu by yourself

Currently it is still on alpha stage, I would suggest play with Mcpx, Minicp or 120d02
Please file bugs in this forum

It's really cool~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks!

More
06 Nov 2012 06:56 #2717 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo10 Progress(2)
After a couple hours tweaking and rebooting, I've found that the location of the Crc() routine in the dfu matters. if it is moved slightly, it causes the power to spike by ~40mW. This happens even if all calls to Crc() are commented out shuch that it is never called. This, of course, makes no sense, so it is likely indicative of a stack issue somewhere. I have not yet been able to further zero in on the real issue as yet.

More
06 Nov 2012 09:07 #2718 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: After a couple hours tweaking and rebooting, I've found that the location of the Crc() routine in the dfu matters. if it is moved slightly, it causes the power to spike by ~40mW. This happens even if all calls to Crc() are commented out shuch that it is never called. This, of course, makes no sense, so it is likely indicative of a stack issue somewhere. I have not yet been able to further zero in on the real issue as yet.

Cool, this is a good signal for us to figure out the root-cause soon.

More
08 Nov 2012 03:11 - 08 Nov 2012 03:11 #2770 by suvsuv
Attachment is the latest alpha version for test.
Feature notes:
1) All GUI pages, except the scanner, are ported from devo8 to devo10. However, the telemetry feature is not verified with any real RXs
2) Replace 12narrow font new 12 normal font generated by PB, the font looks better in English and Chinese, don't know how it looks in other language
3)Built with optimized setting without debug info, the dfu size is much smaller and should run a little faster
4) Fix most of the known bugs
5) Be able to change TX power on the fly
Major known bugs:
The current consumption rises a lot after manual binding, or interrupting the auto-binding
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 03:11 by suvsuv.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds