Devo 7E cant bind to lemon 6ch DSMX Rx

More
30 Mar 2015 21:20 #30485 by Cereal_Killer
Devo 7E cant bind to lemon 6ch DSMX Rx was created by Cereal_Killer
Hey guys, first off this is my first and only DSMX/DSM2 radio so I dont know if the issue is the Rx or my 7E and have no way to confirm either way...

I am running the 3/5 nightly and I have an A7105 and an NRF module installed (which work fine).

So I just went out and picked this 6ch lemon Rx up today to use in the tricopter I'm building DIY style out of an arduino and individual sensor breakout's, I've got a new file setup in my 7E and I'm following along the lemonRx instructions (PDF here) .

I insert the bind plug, power on the Rx and it begins it's rapid flashing. I go to the 7E ready and I hit bind. As the instructions state the LED goes out (instantly), then gives a couple slower blinks then goes back out. At this point however it's supposed to come back on solid once it's finished but it never does no matter how long I give it. After several seconds it begins a very erratic flashing withy a single blip avert ~5-10seconds (randomly). I cant discern any pattern but it's definitely not in reaction to any stick / switch input.

I'm not sure what I need to do here, I'm not sure if there's a problem or if I'm just doing it wrong and if there is an issue I have no idea where to look, since it could be either the Tx or the Rx. Help please!

I'm uploading a video of the process to YT now, I'll edit it in shortly so you can see the exact pattern (or lack there of) of the flashing.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2015 21:38 #30489 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 7E cant bind to lemon 6ch DSMX Rx
Here's the video link. Also, I just noticed that without the bind plug in the Rx does nothing at all, no LED on (not even short random blips). Could that indicate a faulty Rx?

More
30 Mar 2015 22:57 #30501 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic Devo 7E cant bind to lemon 6ch DSMX Rx
That appears to be the DSM2 version. Try binding it in DSM2 instead of DSMX and see if it works. You need to move the sticks when that timer runs out as well.

If I remember correctly, no LEDs on power up when not bound is normal behaviour.

More
31 Mar 2015 03:43 #30515 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 7E cant bind to lemon 6ch DSMX Rx
Wow dude, you're a freaking life saver! That's strange, I'm gonna have a talk with BuddyRC about that, both the packaging it came in as well as the little smoky colored board protector wrap thingy both say DSMX. I'm glad you recognized it, bound instantly! It's not working with multiwii yet (actually its crashing MW) but at least I'm one step closer (my motors / ECS's have a few weeks of the slow boat ride left anyway to get it solved).

So to anyone searching in the future, apparently lemon markings don't mean much, if it doesn't work with what it's labeled try the other one.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds