Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar

More
23 Apr 2015 23:34 #31551 by RoGuE_StreaK
Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar was created by RoGuE_StreaK
I'm getting my old eSky Honey Bee King II operational after many years of sitting in the garage; I actually thought it was more destroyed than it was! Seems to have come together pretty well, and I've installed an orangerx r615 DSM2 to use my devo6s with it, but can't get the CCPM settings figured out.

It's flybarred, with a reverse 120 swash; elevator at the front, aileron and pitch on the back.

Playing with reversing either/or swash (under "helicopter") and servo reversing, it seems I can EITHER get it to respond the correct way to directional controls, OR get the pitch to go the right way? I just can't figure out a combo that gets BOTH direction AND pitch working correctly! And yes, I've just checked photos of the multiple stock setups and it does appear I have it physically connected correctly (ie. blades aren't backwards!)

Any thoughts from the gurus?

If I get it flying OK, I'm contemplating stripping out the flybar parts and installing a CC3D as a flybarless controller...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 23:44 #31552 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar
OK I think I've figured out my own problem, but not sure if it's the most elegant / correct way; I've simply applied -100 scale on the pitch curves, inverting them. :blink:

More
04 Jul 2015 11:41 #35089 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar
Hi,

my Blade 450 3D is the same like yours.
Elevator servo in the front instead of the back.

I had to switch Cyclic1 and Cyclic2 mixers for AIL <-> ELEV.
Works fine now - but it will ONLY work within the advanced heli GUI!!!

Even in the advanced GUI setting you can click on "Heli" in the "model setup" and step into the CCPM mixing menu.
In the CCPM menu you can (have to) define 120 and check the reversing for Ail, Elev, Pitch.

With the WRONG output channel ELEV (CH3) setting to Cyclic2, I could NOT get it working too!
It is very easy to change the input in the advanced mixer GUI on CH3 from Cyclic2 to Cyclic1.

There is NO need to change any pitch channel settings (scale and such)...Just normal pitch curves too.

CCPM Bugtracker: www.deviationtx.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=624

Adjusting unequal CCPM servo travel on max/min pitch:
I addtionally recognized that the two travel (scale) settings may be INTERCHANGED if one of the servo channels is REVERSED.
So when you try to eliminate unequal servo travel on max/min pitch and you are adjusting 2x servo travel (scale) for AIL, ELEV and CH6 (Pitch) you may have to actually adjust the OTHER scale attribute?!?

Thomas

More
05 Jul 2015 08:49 #35127 by Thomas.Heiss
I updated the Mantis bugtracker notes with a "concrete code excerpt of mixer_standard.c" and reproduce steps with heli templates and channel monitor.

Quite easy to retest.

You do NOT really have to have a flybar heli to see what is going on :)

Thomas

More
05 Jul 2015 23:14 #35140 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar
Thanks Thomas, I haven't gone any further with this yet as the gyro decided to die. Started to look at using multiwii as the gyro, then convert to flybarless using said system, but have been otherwise occupied experimenting with foamboard planes.
I've only ever used the advanced gui anyway, I think originally I couldn't figure out how to get into the simple gui :blush:

More
14 Jul 2015 05:06 - 14 Jul 2015 05:07 #35425 by Thomas.Heiss
Found another standard heli gui thread describing the Cyclic 1 and Cyclic 2 "reversed" issue: www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-gui-120-swash#14445
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 05:07 by Thomas.Heiss.

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
14 Jul 2015 07:40 - 14 Jul 2015 08:01 #35432 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Found another standard heli gui thread describing the Cyclic 1 and Cyclic 2 "reversed" issue: www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-gui-120-swash#14445

See, I wasn't seeing Elvis in a UFO in that thread back then. Can you tell them to let me out of insane asylum now?
I wound up using a PC editor to switch cyclic 1 and cyclic 2 in the model file of a Standard GUI model.
But, last month I tried setting up a Blade 400, and that trick didn't work, so I'll look at what you guys did when I get back to trying to resurrect it.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 08:01 by BirdBarber.

More
14 Jul 2015 09:10 #35434 by Thomas.Heiss
Thanks for feedback.
Yes, your way directly editing the model.ini might better work! Good idea!

"Might" because there is some fixed code in mixer_standard.c. Somehow difficult to tell when it is called if you have not developed it or one advanced c developer is very deep into the code...

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
14 Jul 2015 09:45 - 14 Jul 2015 10:46 #35436 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar
It works for the V922 with WL-T6 (requires TX mixing), but I haven't got the Blade 400 to work yet.
Here is the model I posted with the channels switched by the PC editor.
It has 963 views, so probably a lot of downloads and no problems reported.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...-wl-t6-devo-8s-combo
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 10:46 by BirdBarber.

More
19 Jul 2015 05:19 #35648 by willpc
Replied by willpc on topic Can't figure out CCPM settings for flybar
Hey Thomas, kinda off topic but need any parts for your hbk2? They're becoming scarce lol, got anything cool for sale as well?

More
08 Mar 2016 11:07 - 08 Mar 2016 13:29 #44252 by Thomas.Heiss
Another heli CCPM120 discussion thread with explanations from Hexfet (code changes in nightly-builds, either use search keywords heli or CCPM on BitBucket commit):
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ef0d76d?limitstart=0
Last edit: 08 Mar 2016 13:29 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds