Hi I'm new and could use a little help

More
01 Apr 2016 22:07 #45600 by Bamboozy
Hi I'm new and could use a little help was created by Bamboozy
Hi everyone , brief intro my name is Christa , I'm new to deviation - I had someone Mod the devo 7e for me , I have been flying quads and Heli's for awhile and it seems just about all the quads I have would be compatible with the modded devo so of course I wanted to get involved
So I'll get to my question. Let me state by saying I have read the manual few times
Have been on the forums , read many of the tutorials and I have been on RC groups as well
And i will say I have learnt so much from this website -I have never posted I do a lot of reading
And I'm new to the hobby grade Tx I just always used what came with the quad -
So for being pretty off the boat I think I'm doing pretty good - I have been able to bind and fly a few
Of my quads - tried playing around in the GUI , so my hands are a tad wet
So I tried to copy the model.ini files to my devo- I found one for the protox on this site so
Hit copy and then Im suppose to paste it in one of my empty model files? That is found in my devo when I plug into the USB?? Is that correct- I had my devo plugged up - the USB little picture was showing on the devo screen , and my E drive came up that's my DEvo and I tried to copy then paste it into an empty file but I just can't seem to get it to work - my apologies for being a pain in hopes of someone explaining it again , cause I did read a post explaining it - a thorough post too
But I must be missing a step or something - if anyone can explain real quick I would be really grateful
And like I said I did read posts explaining it , I did really try and research before posting but now I must seek more help. Thanks a lot guys/gals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2016 23:20 #45604 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Hi I'm new and could use a little help
Yes you can copy the file to the models directory by copiing over an exesting, not used model. Use the same name: model1.ini or model2.ini etc. You can not use other names.

Tom

More
02 Apr 2016 02:12 #45610 by misherman
Replied by misherman on topic Hi I'm new and could use a little help
I'm also a noob, and have been researching like mad - and finding it difficult. I'm also going to post my experience (as therapy). Laughed when I read your very nicely crafted request for help... I always like the video approach - this is the last thread in the tutorials forum. www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1112-ho...tion-firmware-models
Hope this helps...
Cheers.

More
03 Apr 2016 00:22 #45679 by Bamboozy
Replied by Bamboozy on topic Hi I'm new and could use a little help
Cool. Thanks a lot guys, I'm gonna try again mess around now again ,see what happens
Thx again

More
03 Apr 2016 02:13 #45680 by Bamboozy
Hey guys -heeeeeelpppp lol
Ok so I ended it messing around loading some model ini
Somehow scwered up when I turned my Tx on all model slots were gone except 1-8
Anyway I decided start freesh- downloaded nightly builds - loaded all that up
Everything good, I thought- when I turned devo on- has all 30models
The * are gone from the protocols I use- but it doesn't let like when u click on hubsan and it takes you to telemetry on_off
Or when u click on protocol it prompts you to more you can scroll thru to choose - I went in and removed the semi colon from the a7105 module and NRF but am I suppose switch # too I thought I read but I don't recall doing it b4 when I had it all set good
So now what did do ? I even started all over again, Same thing
And it does say something about bad protocols or models something to that effect when I turn devo on. Never did that before. Any suggestions. I'm really making myself nuts , I been trying so hard :S
Thx again

More
03 Apr 2016 08:36 #45692 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Hi I'm new and could use a little help
You probably deleted model09.ini
The model files should be in continual order, there should be no missing one, because deviation only reads until it doesn't find the next ini.

More
03 Apr 2016 12:54 #45706 by Bamboozy
Ok that makes sense - so I now my devo has all 30 model spots again
But now Why do you think when I try and click on a protocol n it doesn't have like sub protocols now. like cx-10 when you click would show you- red or blue or what not
Now it doesn't show anything on any I click

More
03 Apr 2016 13:57 #45711 by Bamboozy
I fixed it - not even sure what I did - just re downloaded all restarted it all from beginning I'm sure all be back soon with another issue . Hopefully not :)

More
04 Apr 2016 08:49 #45768 by Harlem
Replied by Harlem on topic Hi I'm new and could use a little help

Bamboozy wrote: Let me state by saying I have read the manual few times
Have been on the forums , read many of the tutorials and I have been on RC groups as well
And i will say I have learnt so much from this website -I have never posted I do a lot of reading

And like I said I did read posts explaining it , I did really try and research before posting but now I must seek more help. Thanks a lot guys/gals

I felt the pain there Buddy, needing to ask for help when you would rather find/learn it yourself, but WORRIED about reaction from some members for asking basics!

OK, these forums ARE for asking, so ask away until your heart is content, and don't make any displays of trying again. That hurt me as ii also had tried incredibly hard to conquer before i had to ask, only to be savaged at the door!

Deviation is very complicated PERIOD, personally i believe videos are the best learning tools for most people (not all) but here lies the problem. The videos out there are very poor. I would like to see a much better explanative 'get started' and 'MOD made easy' video.

THANK YOU to the Guy's who have helped me out on several new threads questions, help very much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds