MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

More
31 Jul 2016 10:32 #52316 by bianchifan
MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find? was created by bianchifan
Old MCU is out and new is in.
But how can I install the firmware?
All I could find is bootloader..bootloader...but the download page for bootloaders is empty, no bootloader there!

Is there a chanche to run deviation without any bootloader?
Just load straight via STLink?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2016 11:13 #52317 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?
On the bootloader page you see this text:

You can download the bootloaders of different transmitters from our Google Drive.

click on "google drive".

More
01 Aug 2016 06:58 #52358 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

TomPeer wrote: You can download the bootloaders of different transmitters from our Google Drive.

If it wre so easy I wouldn't have asked here.
"GOOGLE" is blocked out on my devices since late 2004.

More
01 Aug 2016 09:06 #52363 by bazsound
Replied by bazsound on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

bianchifan wrote:

TomPeer wrote: You can download the bootloaders of different transmitters from our Google Drive.

If it wre so easy I wouldn't have asked here.
"GOOGLE" is blocked out on my devices since late 2004.

why is google blocked?

use a proxy

More
04 Aug 2016 16:38 #52435 by bianchifan

bazsound wrote: why is google blocked?

'cause I like it.

Any suggestions where to find the bootloader - downloadable ??

And one more time..
Is there any chance to run a devo without a bootloader?

More
04 Aug 2016 20:24 #52441 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?
no other source, and no there's no current way to use the inbuilt bootloader, or any other opensource one either.

More
05 Aug 2016 06:44 #52455 by mwm
Well, it's certainly possible to run Deviaition without using the Walkera bootloader. However, it will take some coding somewhere along the way.

The problem is that all the current builds expect to go through Walkera's code obfuscation process. I have no idea why the devo-256 build does that, except that it was probably the easiest route. So you have two options.

You can add obfuscation code to one of the open source bootloaders. You can find mine at chiselapp.com/user/mwm/repository/DFU_Fl...er/doc/tip/README.md . It works on dev boards and can be configured for a devo, but I never got around to installing it on a Devo to test. It's also minimal, because the goal was to free up space on the 7e. The obfuscation code is in the deviation repo, in utils/dfu.py. The critical function is "decrypt" (I'm not as generous as PB; what walkera does isn't something I'd call encryption). You'll need to figure out what part of the dfu file it's being applied to and reverse it in your bootloader.

The second alternative is to build your own dfu files with no obfuscation (make a copy of src/target/devo7e-256, then change -c 7 to -c 0 in Makefile.inc in your copy). Then flash that however you are most comfortable doing so. Use the ISP ports, or install an open source bootloader and use a standard dfu utility, or maybe hack the trainer port shorting and use the onchip serial bootloader (assuming that the trainer port is on the right serial port).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Aug 2016 10:09 #52529 by bianchifan

mwm wrote: The problem is that all the current builds expect to go through Walkera's code obfuscation process.

???
Fu.. Agghhh... What's that?
I read somewhere that this project - deviation.tx - is Open Source.. so till this moment I thought any upload is easy goin'
Take a project, build it or DL some ready built stuff and push it on the MCU, either via ST-Link or via BL & USB and I can choose what I like to prefer.
I fear I've to enter an internet cafe..:((
Apropos obfuscation, will I be happy with the BL?
Or do I need even some more stuff?
Do I need to get familiar with Walkera basics?
Please note, I like to build to build a transmitter for my Grandson, Hubsan plus selfdesigned TX/RX with FRSKY protocol.
I'm not familiar with RC, I'm a cycle rider...

More
07 Aug 2016 12:29 #52535 by mwm
DeviationTx is open source. The firmware it replaced on the Devo line of transmitters is not. Those transmitters use a slightly tweaked version of the open dfu protocol in their bootloader. Rather than replace the bootloader, the deviationTx firmware downloads are encoded in that tweaked format, which obscure the code. It doesn't really affect the deviation project, except when it comes to flashing the firmware on those transmitters.

If you want a transmitter whose manufacturer supports using open source firmware, I think a taranis is your only choice.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Aug 2016 10:07 #52609 by bianchifan

mwm wrote: Rather than replace the bootloader, the deviationTx firmware downloads are encoded in that tweaked format, which obscure the code

Ok , I got it.
I didn't knew that fact although I#m wondering about this behaviour.

Nevertheless I organized yesterday all that google stuff, every possible BL and all the other tools mentioned around.
1st.. the 256k-BL did installed fine without any problems with my cheap 2$-Ali-Link.
2nd.. All drivers installed without errors (V 1.1), but the JAVA-Service-tool doesn't recon the devo (V 0.8.0) :((
Maybe driver mismatch, I installed both, deviation plus Walkera, uninstalling, reinstalling, nothing helps.
So only Dfuse works for me.
3rd.. The firmware sucks.. it cries for the Walkera module I liked to strip and throw away.

What can I do?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds