Devo7e work

More
01 Mar 2013 11:48 #7196 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Devo7e work

cmpang wrote: yes I followed your setting and able to get an anologe switch with the Trim.. althought using it as a toggle switch is a bit not convenient.. anyway better than none...

Yes you have to keep your finger on the trim to be sure to toogle from pos to neg or from neg to pos ...but as you say : it's 'better than none' and from my point of view it's a cut replacement to the "solder a new switch hard mod".

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 13:25 #7198 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic Devo7e work

cmpang wrote: I am now using the version from suv and it worked flawlessly..

Where can I find that version?

More
01 Mar 2013 13:57 #7200 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Devo7e work

domcars0 wrote:

cmpang wrote: yes I followed your setting and able to get an anologe switch with the Trim.. althought using it as a toggle switch is a bit not convenient.. anyway better than none...

Yes you have to keep your finger on the trim to be sure to toogle from pos to neg or from neg to pos ...but as you say : it's 'better than none' and from my point of view it's a cut replacement to the "solder a new switch hard mod".

keeping the finger on the Trim is no problem as I used to set the trim during a fixed wing flight, especailly during maiden flight..

More
01 Mar 2013 14:07 #7201 by cmpang

Mullson wrote:

cmpang wrote: I am now using the version from suv and it worked flawlessly..

Where can I find that version?

Beware that it is still under development and not a formal release, use it causiously:

www.rctw.net/attachment.php?aid=860370

should you get "Protocol Error" then also add this :

www.rctw.net/attachment.php?aid=857743

More
01 Mar 2013 16:34 #7203 by Mullson
Thanks! Took awhile to get it down in one pieace. Im going to install it later or tomorrow.
So if I get protocol error I install the older protocols? Or what do you mean? Are you getting protocol errors?
Thanks again.

More
01 Mar 2013 17:13 #7204 by cmpang

Mullson wrote: Thanks! Took awhile to get it down in one pieace. Im going to install it later or tomorrow.
So if I get protocol error I install the older protocols? Or what do you mean? Are you getting protocol errors?
Thanks again.

you simply upgrade with the 2.3.8.1 and as usual, also copy the associated filesystem. Just in case you get an protocol error then you have to copy the attached protocol folder.

More
04 Mar 2013 05:28 - 04 Mar 2013 05:31 #7314 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work
Does anyone with the 7E running Deviation have a Super CP? I've tried blundering my way through the EMU, and I think I may have figured out how to get an approximation of the settings I'm using with the Walkera firmware, but would appreciate if someone could review before I flash my TX? These settings should be near-stock, with some expo and some throttle changes thrown in.
TX is currently stock, ie. no power mod or switch mod. I've set the AIL, ELE, and RUD to be ready for D/R as I will probably add a D/R switch in the near future, once I'm running Deviation.

Intended settings:
- Ail & Ele: Expo, -100 to +100, 30% expo, 100% scale. D/R but not enabled.

- Rud: 1-to-1, 100% scale. D/R but not enabled.

- Throttle: FMOD0 = 3point of -100, +40, +100
FMOD1 = 3point of +100, +70, +100

- Pitch: FMOD0 = 3point of -20, +20, +50
FMOD1 = 3point of -50, 0, +50

- Gyro: FMOD0 = Fixed of 40%
FMOD1 = Fixed of 50% (will probably change this)

Ail, Ele, Rud and Pitch should have Safety set to Hold1 with 0, Throttle Safety set to Hold1 with -100

How does that sound? Does my config look to achieve these figures? I've been struggling to come to grips with the interface method and some of the concepts behind it, so if I've gotten it right I may write some 7E/10 specific documentation to help noobs like me.

PS. Is a -100 to +100 range with Scale of 100% and Limit of -150/+150 the same as 100% travel in the Walkera firmware, or is it over-extending the travel? ie. should the limit be reduced to -100/+100, or alternatively a scale of 67% applied?
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 05:31 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
04 Mar 2013 05:37 - 04 Mar 2013 05:38 #7315 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo7e work
I wouldn't set the safety values of the cyclic channels, they are not neccessary. Actually they should retain their functionality on a bigger heli to be able to autorotate...

I've recently got a SuperCP, and 100% throttle gives way too much head speed for my taste.
I've lowered it to the 60% range, but I use it only indoor...
Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 05:38 by FDR.

More
04 Mar 2013 05:48 #7316 by RoGuE_StreaK
Yeah I probably could dump the Safety on those, was mainly in response to the settings on my stock firmware that gave a 100% throw when in Hold.
I'd like to auto-rotate, but it's not possible with a motor-driven tail is it? ie. no way to cut the main motor but keep the tail going to stop spinning?

I use mine almost exclusively outdoors and head speed doesn't seem to high for me; though as per my last query, does the -150/+150 Limit give a different result than the stock firmware? ie. does your 60% with -150/+150 equate to a stock firmware 90%?

As a side thought, if I'm using an unmodified module I should actually be using a setting of 150mW instead of 10mW, correct?

More
04 Mar 2013 06:14 #7317 by FDR
You can't autorotate with this small helis, even with the servo tail ones.

The limit won't change the values. The scale does.
My 60% is an equivalent of 80% of the original...

Yep, 150mW recommended...

More
04 Mar 2013 08:50 #7320 by RoGuE_StreaK

FDR wrote: You can't autorotate with this small helis, even with the servo tail ones.

I never had a TX with throttle-hold when I was flying my King II, so never got to test it out. Undecided as to whether I'll bother fixing it and adding a DSM2 RX, or just get it operational and try to flog it off.

FDR wrote: The limit won't change the values. The scale does.

I thought I've seen people say about greater than 100% travel settings; how do you achieve this? I just tried and it wouldn't let me put in figures greater then +100 / less than -100? This made mee think the end result was a factor of the range, scale, and limit.

FDR wrote: My 60% is an equivalent of 80% of the original...

Ah, took me a while to click to what you were saying; that on the -100 to +100 range, +60 is the equivalent of 80% on the 0-100% range of the stock Walkera firmware.
I did actually remember this bit when doing my curves, ie. the gyro at +40 is the equivalent of 70%, and my mid-stick on the idle-up curve of +70 is the equivalent of 85%.

As a side note, the majority of guys in the SuperCP thread at rcgroups are going for higher head speeds and lower pitch travel, in an attempt to reduce bogging. I still need to do a lot of experimentation, but the slight changes I've made seem to have made an improvement for me so far.

More
05 Mar 2013 11:01 - 05 Mar 2013 11:02 #7385 by Mullson
Is it possible to turn of model name on main screen so you only see the model icon? Or use the space as a box, and be able to have model name there only if you want. I think that would be a nice.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2013 11:02 by Mullson.

More
09 Mar 2013 00:20 #7544 by Mullson
Some times the tx wont turn of except if I cut the power,?

More
09 Mar 2013 11:50 #7553 by FDR
What batteries do you use?

More
09 Mar 2013 15:41 - 09 Mar 2013 15:49 #7556 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
Just updated to the latest build, devo7e-9693f7a4e2b4.
Voltage reading is of again. My 7E reports 3.76V on a pack that is 5.03V according to my multimeter.

Edit: could be one of my batterys, its reporting 6.02V with only the charger connected. Going to replace them now and report back.

Swapped out the batterys to a set of varta nimh's and now its reporting 4.75V instead of 4.99.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2013 15:49 by Xermalk.

More
09 Mar 2013 16:27 #7558 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Devo7e work

Xermalk wrote: Swapped out the batterys to a set of varta nimh's and now its reporting 4.75V instead of 4.99.

Could be because of the load. That's small of a difference.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
09 Mar 2013 17:03 - 09 Mar 2013 17:04 #7560 by Xermalk

sbstnp wrote:

Xermalk wrote: Swapped out the batterys to a set of varta nimh's and now its reporting 4.75V instead of 4.99.

Could be because of the load. That's small of a difference.

Yeah most likely. I got somewhat supprised by the fact that my tx lost 1v in the reading though 1 minute after having flashed it.

I was in the process of setting up a new config file when it started warning for low bat.

One of my powerbase nimh's must have gone bad or something. Checking them with a multimeter gives, 1.27, 1.27 , 1.26 , 1.22v.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2013 17:04 by Xermalk.

More
09 Mar 2013 19:00 #7563 by Mullson

FDR wrote: What batteries do you use?

At the moment shitty BTY 2500 but I will get eneloop 2000 in a few days.

More
13 Mar 2013 15:37 - 14 Mar 2013 17:19 #7687 by Xermalk
Something isnt qute right with the voltage reading. Or i have more then 1 set of very bad batterys. Once my battery pack falls below 5v the tx reading takes a skydive.
At ~5.01v the tx reading drops below 4v and the cannot save error shows up again.

If i charge the battery for 5 minutes so that the pack is at 5.08 the tx reads 4.8v with a tx power of 30mw.

Edit: a set of batterys at 5.31v reads 5.15V
Going to leave it on and see what happens.

Edit 2:
Pack 3 of 4xAA NiMh
5.02v -> 3.77V in the tx. Works just fine as long as the pack stays above 5.08v or so.

Thats three sets of different branded NiMh that end up with strange voltage readings and the cannot save error message.

Theres definetly something fishy going on in the above build. I was wondering why i only somethimes could hear the static from the speaker. But it seems that for some reason the radio module dosn't turn on properly.
I reverted back to the old trusty b76ac7445568. And no issues with battery reading, or a devo module that dosn't turn on.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 17:19 by Xermalk.

More
23 Mar 2013 22:01 - 25 Mar 2013 09:29 #8016 by heliaddict
Replied by heliaddict on topic Devo7e work
I have just tried the latest nightly build (deviation-devo7e-e05abdefdc9d) but for some reason cannot bind to any protocols (does not start binding process countdown either). Does anyone have latest working build?
Last edit: 25 Mar 2013 09:29 by heliaddict.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds