Devo 8s Modifications - Adding AUX4 and AUX5

More
02 Feb 2014 21:08 #19741 by MatCat
I am actually working on some special hardware as described in this thread: deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/2075...at-s-devo-8-expander to be able to expand any Devo with serial1 (most of them), that will allow for a full analog mix in of up to 8 more full analog channels or how ever many you want at resolutions less then 12 bit ;).

The way I am designing it it will either allow you to pull in the channels and mix them into actual output channels, or use a second piece of hardware that could plug into x amount of channels and break it out to up to 16 PWM's (You won't get 16 full resolution channels, but you could easily get a LOT of switches / knobs / etc), of course I am also working on a variant that uses a UHF radio too that can do a LOT more then that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2015 19:16 #30950 by luenma
Hi, I am very interested in this matter. Is this modification done already? Is it finally possible to add two analogue channels? It would be great!

More
08 May 2015 16:59 #32255 by saidem
I want to know the file for adding analog inputs is finished or how does it do to add?
Thank you to all those working on this software.

More
19 May 2015 08:10 #32765 by purpleaglex
Replied by purpleaglex on topic Devo 8s Modifications - Adding AUX4 and AUX5

RandMental wrote: Potentiometers for Aux4 and Aux5 on the Devo8s

The existing potentiometers for the sticks are 1.2k ohm linear types.
They are fed with 3.3Volt, sliders go to the CPU pins via 100ohm resistor with a 100nF capacitor to ground as protections and a 16kHz RC lowpass filter.

To fit into the Devo8s enclosure in the same place where Aux4 and Aux5 are located on the Devo10, panelmount versions with maximum diameter of 18mm are required.

Aux4: Connect to CPU pin 34
Aux5: Connect to CPU pin 29

For the Devo8S hardware definition and upgrades on one document, see pdf attached.

Anyone can help me (show me) the pic how to add AUX4 and 5 ?

More
16 Dec 2015 14:35 #40973 by Zamjustice
Replied by Zamjustice on topic Devo 8s Modifications - Adding AUX4 and AUX5
Hi Guys,

There has not been a lot of activity on this thread for a while now, was wondering if this modification has been successfully done? If so how and what is required to complete it successfully?

Many Thanks

More
06 Oct 2016 10:55 #54650 by yoodog
:( I really like the idea of 2 analog inputs, without use of serial in because I use PPM out for my UHF setup...

For those who have asked before, I don't think this matter has been implemented into current Deviation code, even though the hardware part is solved, as we see above.

I couldn't find any good tutorial on how to add it... Any one has succeeded fully with adding two pots or a PSP type joystick?

More
27 Oct 2016 13:37 #55441 by yoodog
Really? Such a popular controller and no one made a guide on how to add (or at least substitute existing Knobs) a pot/slider/other For Gimbal control or PID tunning??

As I understand. We need to provide 3.3v to any one side, than connect the mid pin to the CPU, and ground the other side.

More
27 Oct 2016 14:46 #55443 by yoodog
Where can I get suitable 1.2kOm pots?

More
28 Oct 2016 16:42 #55479 by saidem
Like you I'm looking for add knobs, but I feel that the programming Deviation was not made. Someone knowledgeable can he tell us about this, because there are several people interested .

More
04 Nov 2016 12:11 #55664 by mwm
Popular? The 8S? Clearly less popular than the 10, which is far less popular than the 7e, and the entire deviation line is less popular than the TH9-X and Taranis, and these open source transmitters are well behind the popular proprietary stuff like Spektrum, Graupner, etc.

Anyway, adding support for any hardware will require custom programming in deviaiton. I do hope to move much of this stuff into a config file to support such in the future, but that's so far off as to be invisible.

The 7e and 6s have support for extra buttons and switches, but neither has support for analog inputs. That's because they require using one of the ADC pins instead of any GPIO pin. The ultimate 7e builds may have support for extra hardware, but you won't be able to use those on the 8s. But that would be the place to look if you wanted to start on this.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Nov 2016 17:59 #55682 by saidem
I understand your answer and I know the defects of the 8S. This is why I would like it to analog inputs, to make it a little better, because I possess and I would not separate me from. I already changed the policy, added protection against the sun and also added the buzzer. I appreciate all that you do. I am full of good will to help, but my knowledge of electronics and computer are very low. Also I learn English for a few months to be with you, Tell me what I can do to help you and I will do it.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds