Current status

More
26 Nov 2013 02:08 #15824 by PhracturedBlue
Current status was created by PhracturedBlue
Most of you have probably noticed that I haven't really been around in a very long time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I'm ready to change that yet. The short answer is that my job has changed in a way that gives me a lot more stress and a lot less free time, and those 2 things together reduce both my ability and desire to spend what free time I have working on Deviation. That doesn't mean I am abandoning this project; far from it, but it does mean the time I have to work on it are not what they once were. I tend to have a little more time during the winter, so now seems to be a good time to try to re-engage and get all the work various folks have done merged into the trunk. Please be patient though, it will likely take some time and as I said my time is much more limited than in the past.

I'll start going through the various threads to try to find our where things stand.

If anyone want to try to summarize the changes and what I should focus on, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2013 05:23 - 26 Nov 2013 08:55 #15830 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Current status
Welcome back!

Rbe will probably summarize better then me, but here we are now:

Rbe making a v3.1 release.which contains mostly bug fixes with very few new features. He forked your repo just for that version, to allow an easy merging back:
bitbucket.org/rbe2012/deviation-3.1
Here is the thread about it:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...ediate-release-3-1-0

There are a few new protocols in various states and some enhancements to the existing ones as well (mostly by victch), like Tactic SLT, esky, skyartec, and 18 channels for DSMX by Vlad, but they are not yet in the v3.1, we planned to include them in a new release after the bugs fixed...
Last edit: 26 Nov 2013 08:55 by FDR.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Nov 2013 07:07 #15834 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Current status
In the thread FDR brought up you will find many information about the 3.1 version we prepare and why we did it. We all felt that there is a need to establish a version which is no longer called "last nightly build". And this was used frequently because it was reported to be more stable than the 3.0.0 and it has the new GUI.

We have fixed some of the most important issues that were reported (in your and my repos at bitbucket) as far as we could solve them. I have listed the original issues here (issues #334, #373 and #374 may be fixed too with beta-13).

Actually (since yesterday) we have the beta-14 out for testing. Beta-11 was tested some time longer (because my time is also limited - more or less) and we fixed all issues which were found there.
From my point of view this could be the last beta (if there are no real issues with it) before a new version could be "officially" released. But I tend to integrate the protocol enhancements which FDR mentioned because nobody knows (knew, since you are here) when the next version will be published and I think it will be a real pity to let them out. But as you can see when looking at the open issues in my repo the protocol stuff was treated like an orphan - I fear to make things worse when I do not understand it completely and I am just starting...

WheresWaldo consented to rework the documentations. There will be many changes due to the new GUI and he started collecting screenshots. As he told us he has some experience in writing user manuals so I hope he'll do a good job.

More
26 Nov 2013 08:26 #15839 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Current status
Welcome back!

Tactic SLT is ready for testing (now for real, last time binding code was defective), I will build it for Devo 10 and Devo 7E against 3.1 beta14 tomorrow.

Hisky - I would like to work more on it, to provide an ability for many TXs to work without interference. Right now it is effectively one TX id, which is not production ready IMO.

Esky - need to add band selection code, now it is in similar state as Hisky.

V202 - my fix is in 3.1 branch.

I did not do anything for non-nRF24L01 protocols, but would like to attempt to build multi-protocol module for Devo7E - I have an idea about physical layout, and it fits Devo's limited space.

More
26 Nov 2013 11:17 #15842 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Current status

victzh wrote: Welcome back!

Tactic SLT is ready for testing (now for real, last time binding code was defective), I will build it for Devo 10 and Devo 7E against 3.1 beta14 tomorrow.

Hisky - I would like to work more on it, to provide an ability for many TXs to work without interference. Right now it is effectively one TX id, which is not production ready IMO.

Esky - need to add band selection code, now it is in similar state as Hisky.

V202 - my fix is in 3.1 branch.

I did not do anything for non-nRF24L01 protocols, but would like to attempt to build multi-protocol module for Devo7E - I have an idea about physical layout, and it fits Devo's limited space.

Victzh

Many thanks to your great contributions :).
We are all waitiing your new SLT version based on the beta14 :)

More
26 Nov 2013 13:50 #15849 by greywall
Replied by greywall on topic Current status
@PhracturedBlue

Welcome back and thank you for not abandoning the project.

best regards
greywall

More
26 Nov 2013 15:14 #15857 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Current status
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll take a look at what you've got, but please don't stop the direction you are going in. Ideally I'll just pull it into the trunk after review, but I don't want to hold up your work while I review it, especially, as I said, since I don't have that much free time.
If I don't have time to pull it all into the trunk, I will create a 3.1 fork in the master repo so at least the code can be found there (and we'll call your 3.1 release official)

More
28 Nov 2013 03:00 #15947 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Current status
Welcome back, finally saw you again. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds