Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers

More
26 Feb 2014 19:19 #20900 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers

Hexperience wrote:

silpstream wrote: Can't wait to see what you have planned for it!

He's putting it in his Frsky Taranis radio with deviation firmware so he can use all the Walkera (and DSM) protocols.

So the only way to get Frsky to work in Deviation is to buy a new radio... :( Still hoping that all this leads to being able to use my Frsky Rx's with my devo12. ;)

I think the gurus are not so far :) keep faith :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2014 21:13 #20904 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers

Hexperience wrote: He's putting it in his Frsky Taranis radio with deviation firmware so he can use all the Walkera (and DSM) protocols.

Lol...kind of guessed that, but I didn't realise that SPI would be available since the RF board in the taranis is connected via PPM. Not to mention needing a reset pin for the CYRF6936 (I think).

I don't own either a Devo or Taranis so I can't really say, but if he does get it going I'm placing an order for the Taranis. I'll get to play with OpenTx and DeviationTX on one transmitter.... Wooohooo!!! :woohoo:

More
26 Feb 2014 22:21 #20906 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers
There is no (available) SPI on the X9D, but I will bit-bang the interface on available pins. I will interface to the programmable-switch board, so there is no need for more than 4 I/O pins to the Tx (depending on what is exposed on that cyrf module, I likely don't need more than 4 anyway). I have verified that software reset seems to work just as well as hardware reset, and have been using that in my testing for a while now.
The main issue at the moment, is that I only have only found 3 unused (and accessible) pins. That means I need to figure out which other pin I can overload to get a 4-pin SPI interface. But not a topic for this thread.

More
27 Feb 2014 03:36 #20912 by silpstream
Yeah those details are not for here but this might be useful. They didn't come with the board when I ordered it. The 3rd party agent I used was kind enough to ask them for it after the transaction.
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2014 22:03 #21382 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers
I just got my batch of these modules today. These are basically perfect for the universal module. The only downside to them is that they use the larger SMA Antenna rather than a U.FL which would be more convenient. But they are small, cheap and fully expose all CYRF6936 and PA connectivity (except for Bypass I think)

I don't have any room on my universal board to mount it though. I'll probably design an alternate using this module instead.

More
20 Aug 2015 15:32 - 20 Aug 2015 15:36 #37069 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers
Hi, sorry for reviving this old thread for something unrelated to Deviation ...

I want to make a DSM2/DSMX transmitter module for a Taranis X9D from a CYRF6936, I got something working with a CYRF6936 module harvested from an old WK2402 radio:

... but this module has no PA+LNA, so I just ordered the module from buychina after reading this thread ( www.buychina.com/items/2-4g-module-cyrf6...m-module-uuruunslkhi ) and I've a few questions :
The module has 3 pins for power control (I suppose), RX_EN, TX_EN and PACTL.
I suppose RX_EN and TX_EN are the same things as on A7105-D03 modules, i.e TX_EN has to be connected to Vcc (+3.3V) when transmitting, or RX_EN when receiving (my goal is to convert Spektrum telemetry data to FrSky smartport), but I have no idea what the PACTL pin is for, pardon my ignorance :blush: Can someone explain please ?
Last edit: 20 Aug 2015 15:36 by goebish.

More
20 Aug 2015 16:34 #37071 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers
Sorry I cant offer any help, a quick google shows PACTL usually stands for Pulse Audio Control Line (I even added the word's "radio module" to the google search and came up with the same thing).

However I really just wanted to say keep up the great work, you're always figuring stuff out. If [when] you get it I'm finally gonna have to buy a taranis! Not having Spektrum support it why I've been holding out!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
20 Aug 2015 16:38 #37072 by goebish
I guess it means Power Amplifier ConTroLler, but I don't know how I should manage this pin.

That's already possible and easy to have a DSM transmitter for a Taranis, but you've to harvest the module from a stock Spektrum radio, that's pricey, and not fun ;)
oshpark.com/shared_projects/mQXHRTOA

More
20 Aug 2015 17:14 #37075 by silpstream
Try this data sheet (AWA24S module) and this website sites.google.com/site/mrdunk/interfacing...avr-microcontrollers .

Hope it helps!
Attachments:

More
20 Aug 2015 17:17 - 20 Aug 2015 17:21 #37076 by goebish
Ok thanks, so from what I understand, PA_CTL should be driven HIGH when transmitting, and LOW when receiving (just as the TX_EN pin).
I see the voltage should be 0.3-3.3V in TX mode, I suppose this controls the power amplification factor, well, I'll be fine with 3.3V ;)
Last edit: 20 Aug 2015 17:21 by goebish.

More
20 Aug 2015 17:29 #37078 by silpstream
Yes, that's the way I understood it also. The data sheet suggests that you can tie TX together with PACTL, but watch your current (Page 7, item 8, RF Power Amplifier). Let us know how it goes. Goodluck!

More
20 Aug 2015 17:32 - 20 Aug 2015 17:33 #37079 by goebish
I will let you know... when the module arrives, in 2-3 weeks :)
Last edit: 20 Aug 2015 17:33 by goebish.

More
07 Sep 2015 18:56 #37539 by Goossens
Replied by Goossens on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers
Hello goebish,

Did the module work?
Just fried mij CRFY module and need a replacement.

Goose

More
07 Sep 2015 18:58 #37540 by goebish
I still have not received it.

Do you want to replace a stock Devo module with this one ? They're not pin compatible.

More
07 Sep 2015 19:46 #37542 by Goossens
I had seen that this one had a different pinout.
Need to place some wires to be able to connect this one..

More
07 Sep 2015 19:50 #37543 by goebish
You might need an extra 3.3V reg too, not sure.

More
11 Sep 2015 12:11 - 14 Sep 2015 17:20 #37657 by Goossens
Does any-one know what chip is used in a Devo-4.
4ch no display transmitter.

I can buy one used and cheap. It can connect to a walkera ladybird.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 17:20 by Goossens.

More
22 Sep 2015 17:19 - 22 Sep 2015 17:20 #37964 by goebish
Success :side:

Now I've to get rid of the PPM input and use this weird baudrate Spektrum serial protocol instead (as Spektrum TXs do internally) ...

Goossens, if you decide to use this module in your Devo, keep in mind it needs 3.3V Vcc, it has no onboard regulator.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2015 17:20 by goebish.

More
03 Nov 2015 16:04 #39506 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Finding a source for CYRF6936 transceivers
@ Goebish
I have a pulled out stock Devo 7e module that I replaced with a new one (kindly donated by a Deviation forum member) because mine was dead.
I have repaired it (or at least I think is repaired :P ) and I would like to test before re-solder the shield and to be sure is working.
My repaired module was totally dead, not any minor signal or even bind to any receiver. I guessed the culprit were the RDAT212 PA, so I replaced with a new one RDAT212 (ordered from Aliexpress)
I have seen you tested those CYRF modules using Arduino and the PPM output from your DX6i.
Do you have any Arduino code to test this CYRF modules?
I guess any minor test could be enough, bind to receiver or something similar, since before repair this module neither could bind with any receiver.

Thanks ! :)

BTW, I don't want to test inside my 7e because this module is soldered, not plugged in as Devo 10.

More
03 Nov 2015 16:21 - 03 Nov 2015 16:22 #39509 by goebish
PM Sent ;)

Last edit: 03 Nov 2015 16:22 by goebish.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds