Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
26 May 2016 00:53 #49242 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

dc59 wrote: I hope someday there is a new all in 1 module can really plug and play, no need any soldering job, is it possible ? just like PB's universal module project.

That isn't all that likely (though not impossible). While we may be willing to sell the module victzh is building, at least I personally will never sell it with the RF module attached. That is primarily due to FCC restrictions. Soldering should not be difficult but will still be necessary. There is always the chance we can find someone (like bangood?) to sell them pre-built, but who knows. Once the module is assembled though, it should plug into a 8/10/12/f* with no further modification to the radio. the 7e and at9 will require soldering to the spi pins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2016 01:28 - 26 May 2016 19:06 #49248 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

victzh wrote: @wasp09, @HappyHarry, what are you trying to achieve? To connect 4-in-1 RF module to Devo 7E?

Hi there,

My new devo 10 from TM actually arrived today. I have no plan for 3 or 4 in 1 yet. I have ordered a couple of cheap CC2500 modules, but they are still somewhere on the slow boat. I have standalone A7105, NRF24L01 modules in my 7e. The CC2500 would complete the set in the new devo 10 so that it would be XK110 ready and be able to talk to my WNCPX and X303V fleet. I still like my 7e, there is no urgency to fully equip my new devo 10 right away. I'll wait.

My JJRC H11D also arrived yesterday. It was not too impressive. Probably I'll spend some time to capture the camera control for it this weekend. I have posted the CC2500 RadiaLink TX capture, I haven't heard anybody working on it yet. To look at it myself, I guess the H11D camera extension may be a better start. Initialization and binding would be the most complicated part. I can capture the Lidi L6F too, but I wonder if anybody would be interested in looking at an unknown RF chip. At one time GB sold the L6F TX at around $10. We may harvest the unknown RF module from a fresh TX. :)

Have fun.
Last edit: 26 May 2016 19:06 by wasp09.

More
26 May 2016 03:39 #49254 by Hatecrew
Replied by Hatecrew on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi, guys, Just so you know, Amazon has the 3 in 1 RF module/ 4 in 1 RF module with adapter board for JR/Flysky/Frsky transmitter for sale, the price for 3 in 1 module is actually quite good counting in Prime shipping. check it out www.amazon.com/dp/B01FX73J3Y

More
26 May 2016 11:03 #49273 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
that seller ships to the USA only, and it's most likely the original board versions of both the 3in1 and 4in1 so will have all the aforementioned issues

More
27 May 2016 09:44 #49357 by Hatecrew
Replied by Hatecrew on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I'm concerned about this too and was assured they're the latest version, so the issues should've been fixed, I won't worry too much since it's easy to return if you're not satisfied, only gripe is they ship to USA only.

More
27 May 2016 13:11 #49371 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

dc59 wrote: I hope someday there is a new all in 1 module can really plug and play, no need any soldering job, is it possible ? just like PB's universal module project.

If we put an MCU on board to control all the RF modules/PA and presents itself to the devo as a single device to address, that would do it. The deviation FW would also need to be adjusted to use it.

More
27 May 2016 16:45 #49383 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I'm trying to get away without MCU, with couple of logic chips :-)

Also, I would not rely on Amazon too much - when they realize the module does not have FCC certification they can stop it. I would ask Banggood to provide clearer identification and revised product with fixed bugs. I asked the producer of the modules - he said the new ones should be available in 2-3 weeks from the end of April, that is now. I'd give it couple more weeks to tune up pipeline.

I will ask him about availability and issues again.

More
28 May 2016 11:26 #49422 by dado099
Replied by dado099 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi all,
where can I find B7 on a Devo 6s to attach 3in1 3rd selection line ?
Is it available (free) or should I get another line ?
Thanks

More
28 May 2016 12:33 #49424 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Devo 6 hardware connections are detailed in the WIKI. B7 is part of the button matrix, so it isn't free.

We've had success reported using pin B3 (pin 89 of 100) on the Devo 6 or 8. There are a couple notes in this thread on page 4.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
29 May 2016 01:39 #49461 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Guys, i need some “simple” help, to decide what to do.

After new Deviation 5.0.0 is released and with the Futaba protocol FHSS being with the supported protocols, i am about to purchase yet another DEVO 10. I already have one DEVO 10 with NRF and A7105 working perfectly well, so i don’t want to risk damaging it (this is my second one, the first one died after a seemingly simple upgrade from 4.1.0 to Nightly Builds).

So, after reading several pages of this thread, i have a few questions to ask before i decide what to purchase.

a) As far as i understand, there is a problem with the first batch of 3in1 modules, that it is now fixed. Am i right? I plan to purchase the module (if i choose the 3in1 that is) from banggood. They say they will have it back in stock by the 10th of June. Will this be from the new fixed batch?

b) If i have understood correctly, the current version of 4in1 is not indented for DEVO txs. Although it can be used with DEVO, it requires some extra work that i would much like to avoid. It looks more complicated. So the 3in1 is for DEVO while the current version of 4in1 is for other txs. Am i right?

c) There is a new 4in1 version coming up that is intended to be used with DEVO, and it needs way less soldering. It is not being sold anywhere yet... It will totally replace the DEVO’s cyrf module as far as i understand. But will the intergraded cyrf module be capable of the same range as the original one?

Should i purchase the 3in1 (if the bug is corrected), or should i wait for the new 4in1 and see what other more experienced users think? I don’t mind having to trill an extra hole for a second antenna for the 3in1, my current DEVO has 3 antennas already. But what solution would you consider to be the best for an average user?

Thank you.

More
30 May 2016 09:11 - 30 May 2016 19:26 #49550 by valley_nomad
Replied by valley_nomad on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I feel the situation around these two modules is a bit messy :(
First of all, we were told several times that the issue in 3-in-1 module had been fixed. But we haven't seen that module yet. There are already two or three batch of 3-in-1 sold so far. But they are all the same module that has the same PA/LNA control problem.
As for 4-in-1 module, we have seen at least two or three different versions (or just different adapters with the same core module?). One of them is apparently for non-deviation - i.e. Universal module. Another one looks like a promising almost-drop-in mod for devo 10. But we haven't seen its formal release, let alone the review/test.
Last edit: 30 May 2016 19:26 by valley_nomad.

More
30 May 2016 15:30 - 30 May 2016 15:31 #49573 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
So i am not the only thinking things are not very clear. But as far as i can tell it seems that the 3in1 is the most advanced existing solution at the moment. I will wait for people to check the new batch when it comes out (because i don't have the knowlege to do so), and if the experts say that the new batch is ok, i will go for the 3in1.
Last edit: 30 May 2016 15:31 by Fer.

More
30 May 2016 23:21 #49597 by YJ
Replied by YJ on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
From user/customer perspective, it's desired and common practice to have a visual board rev. number or anything of that nature on the pcb. That will make determining which batches work/which not a no brainer. From seller's view point however, I can imagine there's reason not to do that.

Anyway, I strongly suggest a board rev. number be added to the pcb of 3-in-1/4-in-1.

More
01 Jun 2016 01:55 #49693 by canthelptinkering
Replied by canthelptinkering on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I got a 3in1 working on my 7E at the weekend. I am still amazed that I can fly an H8 mini, my XK K110 as well as a car, if I want to, with this transmitter. Thanks for all the hard work.

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
04 Jun 2016 08:01 #49905 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

canthelptinkering wrote: I got a 3in1 working on my 7E at the weekend. I am still amazed that I can fly an H8 mini, my XK K110 as well as a car, if I want to, with this transmitter. Thanks for all the hard work.

What kind of battery are you using and did you do any voltage regulator mods?

More
05 Jun 2016 15:00 #49957 by rasqba
Replied by rasqba on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused with all the info as english is not my first language,
is there any good solution for the Devo7E vreg? Or the stock works fine with the 3in1 module?

More
05 Jun 2016 18:22 #49968 by canthelptinkering
Replied by canthelptinkering on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

BirdBarber wrote:

canthelptinkering wrote: I got a 3in1 working on my 7E at the weekend. I am still amazed that I can fly an H8 mini, my XK K110 as well as a car, if I want to, with this transmitter. Thanks for all the hard work.

What kind of battery are you using and did you do any voltage regulator mods?

I installed the 3in1 in a 7e without any voltage regulator mod just as it is shown on the banggood page. I am using Ni MH 1.2V batteries. Soldering onto the MCU was tricky but not a hard as I expected.

More
06 Jun 2016 00:48 #50014 by YJ
Replied by YJ on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

More
06 Jun 2016 12:46 - 06 Jun 2016 12:47 #50029 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Folks might be interested in this.
Here is victzh's 4:1 adapter with 4MB flash along with the 4:1 board installed plugged into my DevoF7. You may see a small wire soldered on the board. This is to make it easier to test the AT9 using a single board, and is not necessary for functionality with either the AT9 or devo radios...except for a minor issue with the LDO (which is my own fault) I have found no defects in the board.

It isn't 100% operational yet,because I haven't finished all the coding, but it seems to work as expected.
The board is entirely plug and play (no need for any soldering to the Tx) on everything but a Devo7e.. On a Devo12, and F* (and I guess 7e though less useful) the board can replace the onboard FLASH with a much larger 4MB variant. This should allow the 12S to not need a separate filesystem for the media directory, and would allow installing all modules on the F7/F4. On all radios, it would allow direct access via USB without dealing with the 'devo.fs' filesystem.

Does anyone have a contact for whoever is sourcing boards to bangood/taobo? I think this is probably an ideal board to be 'the' board for Deviation radios. It should be inexpensive to manufacture/purchase (though the cost of the 4:1 remains). If we can't find someone to produce them fully assembled, I may be willing to sell a batch of them partially assembled (everything but adding in the 4:1 board, which isn't too hard), but it is still a lot cheaper to have them shipped directly from China to the users (since China shipping is much cheaper than anything the USPS can do). As I've said previously, I am not willing to be involved in selling the RF portion of the boards. Also, be aware, this is victzh's project, and any distribution of the board is entirely up to him.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 12:47 by PhracturedBlue.

More
06 Jun 2016 13:05 #50033 by povlhp
Replied by povlhp on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
My module just shipped with tracking number from BG. Hope to get in in 2-3 weeks.

One question, is nobody replacign the antenna with an U.FL. pigtail, and using a better antenna ? Or is it too difficult to find room for it ? I have a Devo 10 BTW.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds