Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
17 Jul 2016 15:41 #51790 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
That seller on eBay, wifi_expert, has an awesome assortment of adapters, cables and antennae. I use sma for my networked stuff, mostly, and RP-sma for my TX antenna so I can keep from accidentally using the wrong one (a male sma antenna has the pin, so it won't fit onto my Devo antenna mounts).

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2016 16:26 #51792 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

valley_nomad wrote: Haven't visited this forum for a while. Just have some time now to start my Devo 10 mod. I got a 3-in-1 from the 2nd batch. But I am thinking about using new 4-in-1 as it needs only three wires connection with Devo 10 and no extra antenna. Most importantly, it doesn't have LNA issue. Is this module available now besides Taobao where it is on sale for about $35? I also would appreciate it very much if anyone who fortunately has used it could share his/her view on its performance.

the new devo 4in1 works perfectly, it uses the latest version 4in1 module with all of the issues fixed as well as the devo specific daughterboard, dc59, cmPang, D_an_W and myself are all using them in d10's, d7e's and u7e's without issues. for the single fact that all rf chips share a single antenna with this board makes it currently the best choice imho, victzh has a daughterboard coming for the 4in1 board that would be the best choice but I'm not sure how far out that is from being available

More
17 Jul 2016 19:47 #51799 by robca
Replied by robca on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

HappyHarry wrote: the new devo 4in1 works perfectly, it uses the latest version 4in1 module with all of the issues fixed as well as the devo specific daughterboard, dc59, cmPang, D_an_W and myself are all using them in d10's, d7e's and u7e's without issues. for the single fact that all rf chips share a single antenna with this board makes it currently the best choice imho, victzh has a daughterboard coming for the 4in1 board that would be the best choice but I'm not sure how far out that is from being available

Is this the module sold by Banggood currently, or the new one available only on TaoBao for now? I'm waiting to order a couple of 4-in-1 as soon as it's confirmed to be the "good version"... I don't need to wait for the daugtherboard, since I'm ok soldering directly

More
17 Jul 2016 20:25 #51800 by HappyHarry
those who have ordered the multiprotocol style 4in1 with daughterboard from banggood recently have received the new 4in1 module (the new one has 13pins on the left side instead of 12) but whether that is what they are supplying when you order a bare 4in1 on it's own i'm not sure bud, i think the only way to be guaranteed the new 4in1 module is to contact the seller directly through taobao and order directly from him stating exactly what you want

More
18 Jul 2016 05:40 - 18 Jul 2016 05:43 #51804 by valley_nomad
Replied by valley_nomad on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

robca wrote:

HappyHarry wrote: the new devo 4in1 works perfectly, it uses the latest version 4in1 module with all of the issues fixed as well as the devo specific daughterboard, dc59, cmPang, D_an_W and myself are all using them in d10's, d7e's and u7e's without issues. for the single fact that all rf chips share a single antenna with this board makes it currently the best choice imho, victzh has a daughterboard coming for the 4in1 board that would be the best choice but I'm not sure how far out that is from being available

Is this the module sold by Banggood currently, or the new one available only on TaoBao for now? I'm waiting to order a couple of 4-in-1 as soon as it's confirmed to be the "good version"... I don't need to wait for the daugtherboard, since I'm ok soldering directly

AFAIK, in case you want to use 4-in-1 in Devo 10, the corresponding daughter board is more than just some connection pings and wirings. It at least has some logics for decoding the controls for correct antenna/LNA switching. I haven't found that anyone besides Taobao is selling it.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2016 05:43 by valley_nomad.

More
18 Jul 2016 06:17 - 18 Jul 2016 06:29 #51808 by valley_nomad
Replied by valley_nomad on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Thanks for sharing your experience.
It looks like the daughter board on TaoBao now is a newer version than the one you guys got although the long trace for antenna connection was not changed.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2016 06:29 by valley_nomad.

More
18 Jul 2016 06:43 #51813 by D_an_W
Replied by D_an_W on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Mine is slightly different to the other pictures I have seen (no holes bottom left), no idea if anything else is thought!

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
18 Jul 2016 07:43 - 18 Jul 2016 07:44 #51815 by HappyHarry

valley_nomad wrote:
It looks like the daughter board on TaoBao now is a newer version than the one you guys got although the long trace for antenna connection was not changed.

no probs bud, i think the one on the right is the stock devo rf board, and the one on the left is the same as mine. dan can you post a pic of your one bud?
Last edit: 18 Jul 2016 07:44 by HappyHarry.

More
18 Jul 2016 08:05 - 18 Jul 2016 16:39 #51816 by D_an_W
Replied by D_an_W on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I think I did already, if not I will when I get home.

EDIT: Here is the post.

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***
Last edit: 18 Jul 2016 16:39 by D_an_W.

More
18 Jul 2016 14:57 #51832 by robca

valley_nomad wrote:

Can you please share the TaoBao link? I have a friend who can help dealing with the Chinese seller...

• rjmcewen63
  • I know how to fly, I'm learning not to crash...
More
19 Jul 2016 01:11 - 19 Jul 2016 01:17 #51864 by rjmcewen63
Replied by rjmcewen63 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hey guys, newbie here.
I installed the 3in1 in my Devo 7e and so far have had good luck with it.
I installed it exactly as i show it in the wiring diagram pdf I posted earlier. I am using the hardware ini file I posted there as well.
So far I have been able to bind to:
JJRC H20 hexicopter - H8-3D protocol
V911 Fixed pitch heli - Flysky protocol
Master CP - DEVO protocol
I will try more protocols as soon I can afford new models! :lol:
The wiring pdf that I posted earlier was authored by me, so please let me know if there are any corrections or improvements needed.
Thanks for all the great info and awesome software! B)

_
/_/ _ _
/ \/_/_\_\

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2016 01:17 by rjmcewen63. Reason: Which TX?

More
19 Jul 2016 06:46 #51870 by HappyHarry

robca wrote: Can you please share the TaoBao link? I have a friend who can help dealing with the Chinese seller...

it's in the first post of this thread bud

More
19 Jul 2016 14:02 - 19 Jul 2016 14:04 #51890 by ahlod
Replied by ahlod on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Is the 4 in 1 RF module currently sold in BG doesn't have issues now? goo.gl/x5RRLm
I saw that the picture is a bit different now.

Last edit: 19 Jul 2016 14:04 by ahlod.

More
20 Jul 2016 04:46 #51902 by robca

HappyHarry wrote:

robca wrote: Can you please share the TaoBao link? I have a friend who can help dealing with the Chinese seller...

it's in the first post of this thread bud

Got it, thanks!

I'm assuming it would be just the module without the rotary encoder and the other components needed for FrSky Tx

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
20 Jul 2016 06:34 - 28 Jul 2016 22:09 #51906 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

robca wrote: I'm assuming it would be just the module without the rotary encoder and the other components needed for FrSky Tx

If you want the one with the Devo daughter board, I think you need to look at the 3-in-1 page, then click the right hand picture box under the price and it displays the 4-in-1 with Devo daughter board and changes the price to 220 yuan. I hope it's the right board, I just ordered one!

I only speak Uhhmerican.... I hope I didn't order a 3-in-1, ceramic cat or rice cooker control board instead!

Edit: I used the first Taobao link in the first post of the thread (see photos below for instructions).:
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.0.EeDNND&id=27232304992
I used TaobaoFocus.com as the buying agent. There is also YoyBuy.com
taobaofocus.com/
www.yoybuy.com/en/
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jul 2016 22:09 by BirdBarber.

More
20 Jul 2016 06:45 #51907 by dado099
Replied by dado099 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I don't find it, can you please post direct link ?
Thanks

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
20 Jul 2016 06:58 - 20 Jul 2016 07:03 #51908 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I just added the link to my previous post
Last edit: 20 Jul 2016 07:03 by BirdBarber.

More
20 Jul 2016 07:51 #51909 by dado099
Replied by dado099 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Mmmh, there is a mix of 3in1 and 4in1 pictures,
I can't tell for sure, hope you get the right one....

More
20 Jul 2016 10:40 #51918 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
tick these boxes
Attachments:

More
20 Jul 2016 12:53 #51923 by mike_j
Replied by mike_j on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I received a Devo 10 and 3-in-1 board from Banggood a couple of days ago.

I'm just getting used to the Devo 10 at the moment. Compared to my Devo 7e, the Devo 10 has a much better feel. The gimbals are much better and the really large display means that I don't have to put on my reading glasses to change settings or see how much flight time I have left.

Nice to see that the 3-in-1 module now comes without the header pins soldered. Nice! I don't have to remove them myself before installing the module. Flying weather is perfect at the moment so I guess it will be a while before I get around to installing the 3-in-1.

Has anyone used a solid state RF switch to connect the 3-in-1 and the built in transmitter to the Devo's antenna? I really don't want to turn my nice white Devo 10 into some kind of ugly porcupine! :)

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds