Spektrum DSM telemetry - FrameLosses time delta

More
15 Sep 2016 10:24 - 19 Sep 2016 15:08 #53876 by Thomas.Heiss
Change-/Enhancement Request: DSM Telemetry FlightLog FrameLosses n delta in relevance to time interval in sec

Somebody of the Spektrum DSM developers may be able to code a further small FlightLog improvement?
Please add the relevance of time interval as configurable in seconds to FrameLosses n delta alarm configuration.

Simply F >40 alarm / warning how Spektrum is implementing it's FlightLog feature is not enough:
The problem is the "CONTINUOUS >40 frame loss" thing.
You could have e.g total >~40-90F and still get no Holds (H = 0), if the frame losses just happen occasionally over a longer time period.

So please add F > n delta within 5-10 sec warning.
Mukenukem's PN suggestion published on RC-Network was F >10 delta within 10 sec interval.

Not sure what we should display in the FlightLog FrameLosses field.
Always the total like Spektrum receiver outputs or only the xx F in 5-10sec time interval?
IMHO there is no benefit showing the F total - but I may be able to discuss with Mukenukem on RC-Line or RCGroups further.

Is there any RCGroup thread yet on this FrameLosses n delta topic? I am not registered, but Mukenukem is for further discussions.

German RCN thread with more detail explanations: www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/2...ewfull=1#post3952180

Re-alarming:
I really like Indigos telemetry improvement of 2015 (THANK YOU!) of re-alarming where you can temporarily mute the alarm and field blinking with the ENT button.
I would suggest to take this very nice re-alarming concept also for the F time delta.
Or maybe it even is not required as re-alarming F>40 already works?
So probably it is just this configurable delta 5-10 sec interval which needs to be added to telemetry alarm configuration menu.
So only in the given time interval and xx frame losses the alarm and blinking should start.
If there are not enough frame losses in the given time interval we simply ignore the F counter and keep counting up for maybe next alert.

Any questions / suggestions?

Best regards from Germany

Thomas
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 15:08 by Thomas.Heiss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds