Corrupted down button - workarounds / enhancements

More
03 Oct 2016 06:57 #54536 by Thomas.Heiss
Hello,

As you probably read in 1-2 threads before it finally hit me too: My Devo10 DOWN button is corrupted and not mechanically (easily) fixable anymore (in time).

I am missing the following Deviation options:
- being able to temporarily navigate thru all menus/screens with the UP button (applies to model list): does not really fix my issue

- model list selection: UP does not jump back from model #1 to model #30: this is IMHO a bit inconsistent with all other screens like model setup / mixers where you always can over the top or the bottom to the first / last item
-> once pressed UP (and selected another model) I can now not get back DOWN to model list to select back ASW17 EPO glider :(

Is there any difference between 5.0.0 release and 5.0-nightly-build for Devo10?

- (double) re-mapping DOWN button from original DN hardware button on the left to e.g upper left trim (up/down)
-> leave working UP+EXT functionality below (including menu jumps main to telemetry screen) but add DOWN(/UP) on another button

- if all not possible: adding at least working right L/R button for UP/DOWN and menu list
-> inconsistent / un-logical as L/R button is used in all screens for value changling / list box selection or moving left to right
-> this hack mighjt help me personally for menu list but not for other screens

I really do NOT want to replace the UP/DOWN button with l-trim button completely but rather add (duplicate) the additionally down functionality to a free button on the Devo10.

Any other quick manageable solutions you might think of?

Is this yet configurable in the tx.ini what button takes what functionality, especially for DOWN?

Thanks for your help guys.

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2017 12:16 #63321 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Corrupted down button - workarounds / enhancements
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...ystem?start=80#63319

Any news about enhancing the "model menu" scrolling either in nightly build for Devo10 or 5.0.0 vlad's test builds?

Is it really that hard to code jumping from model #1 to model #30 when I press the up button? ;)
Guys, you already have it working in that way in the GUI for other menus!

Sorry, but my (down) button panel is still corrupted. Unclear if XciteRC can provide me with a replacement (hopefully).

Greetings

Thomas

More
09 Jul 2017 10:40 - 14 Jul 2017 21:04 #63370 by SirDomsen
I think it's rather a hardware issue. I replaced my buttons with these buttons . Now my '10 works like new B)
with a 2nd soldering iron (perhaps from a mate or a cheap one), it's about 30min of work. With only one iron it's a bit difficult to desolder the old buttons, but works either.

BTW, the function you're requesting is already there if I understand you correctly. Just use the Deviation emulator from the latest nightly to check for new functions/added protocols.

Cheers
Domsen
Last edit: 14 Jul 2017 21:04 by SirDomsen. Reason: Link changed

More
15 Jul 2017 22:06 #63474 by sfersystem
You can either try to clean it first
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...sue-and-repair#53133

Greetings

More
01 Oct 2017 10:16 #64760 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Corrupted down button - workarounds / enhancements
I have upgraded my Devo10 to the latest nightly build 2017-09-28 (same GUI as 5.0.0 or Vlad's 5.0 release build).

I can confirm that the scrolling over the #1 top model position (with the UP button) is now working.

Thank you so much guys for implementing / improving it in your developer master/trunk release!!!

Vlad has wrote to me that his "5.0 latest protocol release" custom build does NOT include these GUI changes as it is based on 5.0.0 GUI code: www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...cols?start=220#63508

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds