Trex450Pro FBL 2801 & Devo - BeastX/HobbyMate

More
26 Jan 2013 20:36 - 27 Jan 2013 23:16 #5549 by Rambosmurf
A special Thank you goes to Tom Z, because without his guides I would have given up. These are for:
Trex 450 Pro FBL with Beastx/Hobbymate sytem, not sure about Tarot/CopterX but should be close. One file is for a 2801RX and the other for Devo's.
All sticks and movement are set for 100%. Gyro is set at 70 and -50. Expo/Dr at 100/Line. Throttle Hold on Rudd DR Switch, set to full movement for auto-rotation.
Remember to remove the name after model# and if anyone see's anything wrong.....please let me know.

***Adjust the scalar for Channel 7. Its off, I set it up with Old 2801 Numbers causing tail wag. New files have better numbers, but will still have to be adjusted for your Heli.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jan 2013 23:16 by Rambosmurf. Reason: Tail Gyro Settings off --Tail wag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2013 03:11 #10706 by Kdean

Rambosmurf wrote: A special Thank you goes to Tom Z, because without his guides I would have given up. These are for:
Trex 450 Pro FBL with Beastx/Hobbymate sytem, not sure about Tarot/CopterX but should be close. One file is for a 2801RX and the other for Devo's.
All sticks and movement are set for 100%. Gyro is set at 70 and -50. Expo/Dr at 100/Line. Throttle Hold on Rudd DR Switch, set to full movement for auto-rotation.
Remember to remove the name after model# and if anyone see's anything wrong.....please let me know.

***Adjust the scalar for Channel 7. Its off, I set it up with Old 2801 Numbers causing tail wag. New files have better numbers, but will still have to be adjusted for your Heli.

Hello can anyone help me by explaining their setup with the beastX and 2801pro. Im using a 12s and i have not tried upgrading or usb mode yet. I dont want to mess up a good thing.

I was able to get my 450 pro w/beastX flying in 2801 mode, but it does not feel the same. I had to make some gyro adhustments and it does not feel as stable as it once did on the 2801pro tx. I just want make sure that the settings i have in the devo 12 are not the cause of this strange feeling.

The beastX needs to be set at "1 servo". That means swash type should be "none" in the devo. What i need to know how to set the servo for cyclic collective control.

Can someone please explain your setup to me so i can compare and see if im doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

More
10 Jun 2013 23:37 #10776 by Rambosmurf
Replied by Rambosmurf on topic Trex450Pro FBL 2801 & Devo - BeastX/HobbyMate
The set up file assigns the channels to where they need to go.
The actual set-up steps with the BeastX are what controls the throws, channel assignment, pitches and flight characteristics.
It was hard to learn and I had to download a video series and go step by step to get it.
With all the FBL set ups the settings for Deviation are just a starting point and usually have to be adjusted for each Heli.

More
11 Jun 2013 00:33 #10778 by Kdean
I found out what was the cause of the problem.

The template setup had expo on the aile and elev channels. This is why the heli did not feel as stable and was hard to control. I also reset my pitch in the BX and everything is good now.

More
23 Jun 2013 18:15 #11256 by HeliIntervention
Replied by HeliIntervention on topic Trex450Pro FBL 2801 & Devo - BeastX/HobbyMate
How do I get the file saved as a *.ini file? Note pad offers to save as TXT Unicode but I'm not sure how to ad model!

Thanks for any help!

More
23 Jun 2013 18:52 #11257 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Trex450Pro FBL 2801 & Devo - BeastX/HobbyMate

HeliIntervention wrote: How do I get the file saved as a *.ini file? Note pad offers to save as TXT Unicode but I'm not sure how to ad model!

Thanks for any help!

You should not use Win notepad, you needs a Unix style editor, use notepad++, a open source editor. notepad-plus-plus.org/

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Jun 2013 05:34 #11292 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Trex450Pro FBL 2801 & Devo - BeastX/HobbyMate

HeliIntervention wrote: How do I get the file saved as a *.ini file?

Choose "all files" as file type (I am not sure if it is called this way; I have no English version here). If you name your file model17.ini now, it will keep this name and not changed to "model17.ini.txt".
Writing with notepad is ok (deviation understands the Windows line endings), but reading is hard because the Unix type line endings are not recognized and you have one single, very long line.
It is better to use notepad++ as RandMental mentioned or programmer's notepad instead.

More
27 Aug 2013 16:55 #13337 by HeliIntervention
Replied by HeliIntervention on topic Trex450Pro FBL 2801 & Devo - BeastX/HobbyMate
Thanks reading the ini files helps me understand how to setup models. being able to copy an ini to start from will help me big time since I am stuck on DSM2 and a beastx

Thanks again

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds