Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite

More
21 Apr 2013 18:48 - 21 Apr 2013 19:18 #9101 by harald.doerr
Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite was created by harald.doerr
I am looking for a template, how to set up a T-Rex 450 using the original Align 3GX FBL System and a Spektrum Satellite. Anybody a hint how to do this? Or even an ini file?

Have tried quite a bit without success so far.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2013 19:18 by harald.doerr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2013 19:39 #9105 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite
I use the 3GX with a RX802 receiver, thus using the devo protocol. With a sat receiver you should use DSM2, the 3GX don't do DSMX.

The rest of the setup depends on your flying, use the standard GUI to start with deviation.

More
22 Apr 2013 12:53 - 22 Apr 2013 12:55 #9122 by harald.doerr
Replied by harald.doerr on topic Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite
Could you please load your Devo based settings?
Thanks in advance.

Binding works - but setting the channels is still a secret to me. 3GX seems to require a 120 degree swash plate - despite being FBL?
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 12:55 by harald.doerr.

More
22 Apr 2013 15:35 - 22 Apr 2013 15:38 #9130 by RandMental
Hi Harald

I am flying my 600EFL 3GX with the standard Devention Devo8s firmware on my second Devo8s, I unfortunately cannot send you a tested Deviation model file (yet).

You have to set the Transmitter to 120deg Swash - this is from the 600EFL manual for a JR/Spectrum TX (Page 20)

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 15:38 by RandMental.

More
31 Dec 2013 18:49 - 31 Dec 2013 22:01 #17591 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Model for Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite
Herewith a tested Devo8s model for an Align Trex 250 DFC with a 3GX and Spektrum Satellite receiver.

I believe with only small tinkering it should work for other TREX heli's as well, this is my first Align model trusted to Deviation.

Full details:
  • Align Trex 250 DFC
  • Align 3GX V4.0 firmware, force default settings by reloading V4.0
  • Spektrum 9456 DSMX satellite receiver (x1)

Model description
  • Implement the required 120 Deg swash plate configuration required by the 3GX and the Spektrum channel sequence and assignments.
  • DR1 implement a sticky throttle hold function on the DR switch.
  • Dual rates on ELEV DR and AIL DR switches respectively.
  • FMOD0,1,2 implements typical Normal, ST1 and ST2 throttle and pitch curves - please adjust as required by your flight style/level.
  • MIX 0,1,2 implement tail gyro gains of 80, 65 and 50. 50 (Mix2) put the tail gyro in rate mode.
  • the model implements all Switches on the Main page with icons for both active and inactive states. 8 channels are shown using Bargraphs.

Although there are many reports that the 3GX V4.0 supports DSMX, I could not get it working at all. The only protocol configuration I got working reliably was DSM2 with 7 channels using this DSMX receiver, I did not have other satellite receivers to test.

Edit: With some help from the HF forum I can now bind using DSMX with 8channels. One has to insert the bind plug and press the 3GX's button while powering the RX/3GX to force it to bind in DSMX mode.

Main Screen with Align 250 Picture

Mixer page, note the one channel inverted

Swash setup - note the reversed mixing

Note the swash mix gains in the red block are setup as part of the 3GX setup, COL mix value to have +/- 11 Degree pitch range and the Ail and Elev gains to give +/- 8 Degrees at Zero Collective/Pitch. (follow the normal 3GX setup process.)
Last edit: 31 Dec 2013 22:01 by RandMental.

More
31 Dec 2013 22:12 #17599 by RandMental
With some help from the HF forum, I can now bind on DSMX with 8 channels.

One has to insert the bind plug AND press the 3GX's button while powering the RX/3GX to force it to bind in DSMX mode. ( It would help to look if there is updated instructions when new firmware versions are released. :oops: )

There is however still a channel issue which worries me, DSM2 works reliably only with 7 channels, while I could get DSMX to work reliably only with 8 channels. Whether this is related to the 3GX or a general DSM2/DSMX issue I don't know (yet).

More
13 Oct 2014 05:36 - 13 Oct 2014 05:59 #26063 by aimHigher
Replied by aimHigher on topic Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite
Can anyone help me with Align Trex 450 PRO Flybarless 3GX for devo 7e?

I see here is 8s does anyone have it for devo 7e?

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2014 05:59 by aimHigher.

More
30 Oct 2014 17:56 #26227 by Lambert050584
Replied by Lambert050584 on topic Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite

aimHigher wrote: Can anyone help me with Align Trex 450 PRO Flybarless 3GX for devo 7e?

Thanks in advance.

I am also in need of this for my DEVO 7E, also what was it you were saying about don't bind DSMX with SAT Receiver, use DSM2 instead? Kind of confused... :S

More
30 Oct 2014 20:43 #26229 by aimHigher
Replied by aimHigher on topic Align 3GX using Spektrum Satellite

Lambert050584 wrote:

aimHigher wrote: Can anyone help me with Align Trex 450 PRO Flybarless 3GX for devo 7e?

Thanks in advance.

I am also in need of this for my DEVO 7E, also what was it you were saying about don't bind DSMX with SAT Receiver, use DSM2 instead? Kind of confused... :S

I bought the devo 7E for the deviation and have had nothing but problems you cant find much help with it. I ended up selling off all my 3gx gyros and going with beastx and a dx6i. It was hard to double purchase and make the switch but its not worth it. I have since dumped all my walkera stuff and devo. I recommend trying to do the same. I tried multiple files and stuff to get the deviation to work for me, but it never did well and there isnt much help on the topic besides here. Its pretty much dead here. I am selling my devo for anything I can get and found dx6i for $50 shipped. It isnt worth th headache if you are stuck like I was.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds