i need elevon model config

More
24 Sep 2013 23:28 #14044 by cox
i need elevon model config was created by cox
i built a w wing with elevons and a rudder and i cant figure it out. i need a program to help me with the elevons if anyone has one. Thanks.

not that it is relevant but am using an orange receiver with the elevons in the ail and ele channels but if you have one that has elevons at all i can rearrange the channels so it will work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2013 04:53 #14047 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic i need elevon model config
Give this a try. I use it on my Bonsai.

FMODE (3 positions) controls dual rates
GEAR is throttle cut.

File Attachment:

File Name: wing_elevons.ini
File Size:8 KB

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Attachments:

More
25 Sep 2013 11:45 #14054 by cox
Replied by cox on topic i need elevon model config
Thanks I'll give it a try tonight.

More
08 Jan 2016 04:55 #41494 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic i need elevon model config
I loaded this model on my Devo10. It looks promising when I look at flight controller GUI, except for one thing - the right stick is rotated 90 degrees. Left and right on the stick give me up/down elevator. And (of course) up/down on the stick give me left/right roll.

How can I reorient the right stick so the right stick up/ down = pitch?

More
08 Jan 2016 22:28 #41522 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic i need elevon model config
If my logic is correct, reversing the channel that the left servo is connected to should do the job?

More
09 Jan 2016 02:47 #41535 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic i need elevon model config
You can only fix this in the advanced gui. Go to model setup, mixer, then hold down Right/+ to get to the channel ordering. You can then reorder things to put them wherever you want.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Jan 2016 03:20 - 09 Jan 2016 03:26 #41540 by EArHog
I will give that a try. Thanks!

Question - reordering things this way won't adversely affect other models... will it?

Edit - I can get to the mixer page, and I know where the 'R' button is, but what about the '+'? Right/+?

Also, reordering things - can you suggest how I should reorder things to straighten out the right stick function? (or I can change something and test it, etc.)
Last edit: 09 Jan 2016 03:26 by EArHog.

More
09 Jan 2016 03:54 #41545 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic i need elevon model config
This only changes that one model.

And the Right/+ button is the R button. It's also used to add to values, so is named "Right/+" in the docs.

You need to swap the channels that get input from the AIL and ELE sticks. I can't really say what those are without knowing what the mixes are.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Jan 2016 04:51 #41547 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic i need elevon model config
The mix file looked pretty good to me; my theory is that the left servo is physically setup differently (opposite) than what the ini was created for. Here's how I think it could be happening;

Ail Left only: should be left servo up, right servo down. Currently looking like ele, so left servo down (opposite), right servo down

Ail Right only: should be left servo down, right servo up. Currently looking like ele, so left servo up (opposite), right servo up

Ele Down (climb) only: should be left servo up, right servo up. Currently looking like ail, so left servo down (opposite), right servo up

Ele Up (dive) only: should be left servo down, right servo down. Currently looking like ail, so left servo up (opposite), right servo down

More
09 Jan 2016 06:10 #41549 by EArHog
All I know is the mix is whatever was in that model.ini file.

It's good to know that I can only screw up the model.ini file, and not my whole Tx :)

Thank you very much.

More
09 Jan 2016 06:12 - 09 Jan 2016 06:14 #41550 by EArHog
It'll take me a bit of time to assimilate the info above.

I am trying to use a flight controller, and that presents another layer of confusion for me. (as if one complete 'dose' of confusion wasn't already enough). e.g. I don't know how to get the motors to arm. But that's for another day, and another forum.

You guys are great.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2016 06:14 by EArHog.

More
09 Jan 2016 12:14 #41553 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic i need elevon model config
Here is one I use on a Devo10 with my Toro 900, Fmode switch positions give 60. 80 & 100% rate throws each on 30% expo. Throttle cut/safety on Rud1 D/R switch.

Adelaide
Attachments:

More
09 Jan 2016 15:06 - 09 Jan 2016 16:51 #41560 by EArHog
Appreciate that. I'm happy to have one that I am confident is written for the 10.

Steve, Off-topic Question (can't resist) - does your Toro 900 have a flight controller? Or do you fly with receiver only? (my only fixed wing experience is RTF beginner Delta Ray)

EDIT - Yikes! My sticks are all jumbled up with this model. I like the design, but I am not clever enough to get my radio sorted out. (I lack basic understanding. Can't everybody be smart, I 'spose)
Last edit: 09 Jan 2016 16:51 by EArHog.

More
09 Jan 2016 21:42 #41572 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic i need elevon model config
With the sticks messed up, try changing the ele/ail plugs he other way round on the RX.
My Toro is just rx only but then I have been flying a long time :-)

For a wing, pay HEAVY attention to the C.G. get it right, they can be very nasty if it's off and you are still gaining experience. Get it right and they can be extremely docile and aerobatic. With the right CG you shouldn't need a FC unless perhaps for some FPV etc

Don't give up on the model config's, experiment, eventually it will all fall into place. Maybe start by just having the rx and two servo's on the table in front of you and start experimenting, simple at first and then as slowly move to the more advanced things. To be honest I still do this from time to time ;-)

Adelaide

More
09 Jan 2016 22:03 #41573 by EArHog
Thanks again, Steve. I've spent the afternoon looking through the Deviation tutorial pages. My brain seems to hang onto to some semblance of understanding for a few paragraphs, and then it (my brain) looses its grasp, and then I'm just reading... no grasping.

And while I was messing with my FC just now I must have overheated something 'cause now my spare FC is dead. damm... (rolls eyes)

I have had my Delta Ray airborne with just Rx previously. I will do it again if I can't figure out how to do it with the FC.

Weather's too crappy to fly anyhow.

More
18 Jan 2016 04:47 - 18 Jan 2016 04:49 #41892 by EArHog
I gave up on getting a Naze (clone) flight controller to work on the Delta Ray. It was too complicated, and I killed the board anyway trying to desolder the Pololu voltage regulator. So that was that.

I went back to plain old Spektrum Rx - no gyros - just me and the ESC's. I cobbled together a model.ini (thanks again for all your help) and then copy/pasted something from a tutorial regarding "sticky throttle". It worked just a treat. :) Last weekend I flew a couple packs to confirm all was good (weather was horrible). I put the model away and didn't think about it again until today.

This afternoon I went back out for another round and the weirdest thing was happening with my radio (Devo10). When I raised throttle the motors spun up like normal until throttle hit 50%. Then the throttle snapped back to the "sticky hold" value of (-) 108%. I couldn't get past 50% throttle.

I looked at the throttle channel in Channel Monitor, and it shows exactly what is happening when I try to fly. The bar slides along the throttle graph until it gets to 50% and then snaps down to (-) 108.

How could that happen??? I didn't even look at the airplane from last weekend when it worked great until today when this weirdness happened. How can the model.ini go from working to not working when ... grrrr!!!

How does one recover from a thing such a this? I tried reloading the model.ini file - ...nope - didn't help.

Attached is the model.ini file that I came up with. (I am not actually knowledgeable about such matters - I am just a scrounger)
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jan 2016 04:49 by EArHog.

More
18 Jan 2016 12:32 #41900 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic i need elevon model config
In the Throttle hold, first mixer, I don't know if it matters, but I don't use a switch function. Just use:

[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Virt1
usetrim=0
curvetype=min/max
points=0
[mixer]

Also in the second mixer, it may be useful to use the Src=ch1 rather than THR. IIUC this ensures that the mixer sees the throttle output rather than just the input.

I don't have my emulator with me to test the differences... Hope this helps.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Jan 2016 01:45 - 19 Jan 2016 05:07 #41927 by EArHog
EDIT

I made the changes you suggested. It still jumps back to -108% as soon as the throttle hits exactly 3% - just a smidgen past half throttle.

Rats. :(
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 05:07 by EArHog.

More
19 Jan 2016 12:29 #41942 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic i need elevon model config
I think any other type model I would suggest starting over with a new model and create it in the GUI on the TX. Keep it simple and see if the throttle issue is still there. If no throttle problem, bring in the mixes, then other customization. It's probably more difficult with this type of model, but let us know how it goes.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Jan 2016 13:44 #41944 by EArHog

Deal57 wrote: I think any other type model I would suggest starting over with a new model and create it in the GUI on the TX. Keep it simple and see if the throttle issue is still there. If no throttle problem, bring in the mixes, then other customization. It's probably more difficult with this type of model, but let us know how it goes.

You have over-estimated me, sir.

It was the likely the sticky throttle feature that I copied from one of the Deviation tutorials. I'll dump that.

I appreciate your time. Truly.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds