Walkera CP Helicopters - Ultra Beginner Settings

More
31 Jan 2014 01:33 - 30 Apr 2014 14:41 #19451 by Tom Z
This model is different than my Beginner Settings model posted on this web site. It is even tamer and will hover at about 1 line above the half stick throttle mark. I made this model for the beginner who is flying a CP helicopter for the first time. This model is made just to hover and fly around.

This model will work on the following helicopters.

• Walkera V120D02S
  • Walkera V120D02S V2
  • Walkera Mini CP
  • Walkera Super CP
  • Walkera Genius CP V1/V2
  • Walkera V100D08
  • Walkera Master CP
  • Walkera V450D01/D03

This model will work in the Walkera 4f200lm but you need to reverse ALIE and RUDD.

This model will work in the Walkera V200D03 but you need to reverse ELEV and RUDD.

*If you are using the V120D02S, V120D02S V2, Genius CP V1 with the WK-2801 Pro compatible Receiver change Protocol=DEVO to Protocol=WK2801.

Model 39 is for deviation firmware v4 and the DEVO 6/6S/8/8S/10/12/12S.

* This model will not work for deviation firmware v2.1 or v3.

I test flew this model with with my Devo 10 with my Mini CP and V120D02S V2.
I can't test fly it with my Master CP due to the extremely cold weather, snow, and high winds outside.

Fixed ID

My model does not use a Fixed ID.
If you used a Fixed ID with the original Walkera firmware you must clear the Fixed ID in the Receiver with the Bind Plug.
If you don't clear the Fixed ID the model will not bind.

If you want to use a Fixed ID you can enter the same Fixed ID you had for the original Walkera firmware.

Example: Your original Walkera firmware Fixed ID was: 123456

Assign the Deviation Fixed ID: 123456

You can also assign any Fixed ID that you want to use. You don't have to use the original Walkera firmware Fixed ID. Clear the Fixed ID in the Receiver with the Bind Plug then assign any Fixed ID that you want to use.

• No negative pitch for normal mode so you don’t slam the heli down if you pull the stick down to fast.
  • Don’t fly outside in wind in normal mode. You won’t be able to pull the heli down if the wind takes the heli.
    If you fly outside in wind use ST- 2 which has negative pitch which can pull the heli down in wind.
  • Very Low Pitch to make the heli more tame.
  • Hover about 1 line above the half stick throttle mark. This is helpful for beginners to learn on.
  • Low Dual Rates and Expo to tame the heli down.
  • Throttle Hold on the RUDD D/R switch.
    Zero Degree Pitch when throttle hold is on.
    This will help minimize damage in a crash as the swash and blades will be at mid stick zero degrees pitch. This will also help prevent a boom strike.
  • 7 Point Throttle and Pitch Curves.
  • TX Power=100mW
  • Channels=7
  • Protocol=DEVO
  • No Fixed ID
  • Stick Mode 2
  • If you need Stick Mode 1, 3, or 4 load the model into your transmitter then change the Stick Mode in the transmitter settings.

Flight Mode

Normal: No negative pitch at low stick. Hover about 1 line above the half stick throttle mark.

ST-1: Same as Normal Mode.

ST-2: -2* negative pitch so you can fly in wind if you want to. It will hover about 1 line above the half stick throttle mark.
You can also use this mode to get use to having negative pitch at low stick.

I left out full +/- Stunt modes as a beginner will not use them. Also there is no chance of accidentally selecting full +/- pitch.

Throttle Curve

Normal Mode: Linear Curve

ST- 1: Linear Curve

ST- 2: Linear Curve

Throttle Hold is active on RUDD D/R switch

Pitch Curve

Normal: No negative pitch. Helicopter will hover about 1 line above the half stick throttle mark.

ST-1: Same as Normal Mode.

ST-2: -2* negative pitch. Helicopter will hover about 1 line above half the stick throttle mark.

Gyro Gain is set to 64% for Normal and Stunt modes. This value is equal to the Walkera firmware value of 82% gyro gain.

DR/EXPO - ELEV, AILE, RUDD are all the the AILE switch for quick and easy changing in hover or flight.

Adjust D/R and EXPO to your personal preference.

Don't try to flip or 3D with these settings.

Switch Position - This setting is for hovering and slow forward flight only.

0- ELEV D/R = 30% EXP -10%

0- AILE D/R = 30% EXP -10%

RUDD D/R = 100% EXP +20%

Switch Position

1- ELEV D/R = 50% EXP +30%

1- AILE D/R = 50% EXP +30%

RUDD D/R = 100% EXP LIN

Download the Configuration Settings File.

Right click the "model.ini " and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" depending if you are using IE or Firefox.

Install the configuration settings file into your models folder (See my How to video below).

This will over-right the current file so make sure that model slot doesn’t
have a model being used in it. If it does rename the configuration settings file
to another number that you have free.

Example: The file you downloaded is named model5 so change the “5" to another slot
number that you don’t have a model setup for. If you have model slot 6 open rename the file to model6

How to Import/Export Deviation Firmware Models

-
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Apr 2014 14:41 by Tom Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2014 20:33 #20604 by Onei1y
Hi Tom thanks for your work, it is much appreciated.

I have used these settings and find that the pitch seems a little too tame. I noticed a repose in the Blade nano forum that described the same issue. I would be happy to make my own adjustment but cannot find the relevant setting. I have tried to change to the Standard GUI but I get the 'invalid file ini' message. I have also looked at the file and do not know which value to change. Not sure where to go from here... Thanks again.

More
20 Feb 2014 03:11 - 20 Feb 2014 06:29 #20629 by Tom Z
Hi, your welcome.

I made the model to be as tame as possible for the person who is flying a CP Helicopter for the first time. This model is made just to hover and fly around.

You can't change a currently made model from the advanced mixer to the standard mixer. If you want to use the standard mixer you have to start a model from scratch and set it up with all the settings you want to use.

I modified the model for you and added more pitch.

File Attachment:

File Name: model39_V2...2-19.ini
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Feb 2014 06:29 by Tom Z.

More
20 Feb 2014 12:11 #20647 by Onei1y
That's amazing.. many thanks indeed for your time. I shall give the Heli a whirl and let you know how things shape up...

I only wish to use these settings for indoor use and am currently helping my father to learn. He is being very bold and flying a Blade Nano CPX in a very small room. I have set the 'Blade Ultra Beginner settings' and they worked perfectly. He is delighted.

Thanks Again

More
24 Mar 2014 13:54 #21792 by christx
will it work for the devo7E and a minicp with deviation V4?

More
24 Mar 2014 15:30 - 24 Mar 2014 17:21 #21794 by Tom Z
The model will bind and work with the Devo 7e using V4 firmware only and works on all the helicopters I have listed above. I have flown this model on a few of them.
My custom GUI in the model file is also made to use with the Devo 7e.

The issue is that the 7e has less switches. You will only have ST-1 plus you will not have DR/EXPO 0 and 1, you will only have DR/EXPO 0.
Without the extra switches you will not be able to use the settings I made for ST-2 and DR/EXPO 1.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2014 17:21 by Tom Z.

More
04 Apr 2014 12:36 #22118 by christx
just got my mini cp and it works well!!
thanks to all the devellopers
:woohoo:

More
30 May 2014 11:52 #23762 by Solmer
Hi !!! I've received my Super CP and with your settings...I can hover and don't crash my bird !!! :woohoo:

Thanks a lot ;)

More
09 Jul 2014 21:54 #24511 by D_an_W
Hi Tom, would it be possible to use your custom GUI for my other model files on my 7E as I really like how it looks?

I currently have Eye ONE Xtreme and Hubsan Q4 model files on there along with yours for the Super CP.

I also have two more switches ready to install I just need to pick up a couple of diodes tomorrow.

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
14 Jul 2014 11:21 #24571 by Tom Z
Hi, yes my custom GUI in the model file is also made to use with the Devo 7e.

More
21 Jul 2014 19:18 #24737 by D_an_W
I am trying to convert the Devo controls with more switches to work on my Devo 7E with 2 extra 3 way switches fitted, would someone be able to check this on the emulator and see if I am going the right way about it please (I have also included the required *.bmp files used by the profile)?

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***
Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2015 21:29 #28574 by norris
I can't download the file only the icon?

More
12 Feb 2015 06:19 #28584 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Walkera CP Helicopters - Ultra Beginner Settings

norris wrote: I can't download the file only the icon?

Hi norris,
I have just tested to download "Model5_2014-07-21-2.zip" - No problem with Firefox!
Which Browser are you using? In most Browsers you could do a right-click "save as"

More
16 May 2017 18:43 - 16 May 2017 19:20 #62367 by herpla85
Hey my friend,

Thank you for your settings, i will try them out as soon my Devo 7E is here. I assume those are settings more suitable for indoor using. what should i change for outdoor?

Thank's again Good Job

p.s: wy it would not work with v5 firmware?
Last edit: 16 May 2017 19:20 by herpla85.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds