Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10

More
20 Jul 2014 19:24 - 05 Aug 2014 21:16 #24709 by Sim09
Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10 was created by Sim09
Hello,

since I haven't found a proper model config for my new X350 Pro, I made my own based on the channel values of the stock firmware Devo 10 which was shipped in the RTF paket of my X350 Pro.

I found out the following values to be perfectly working with IOC and Position Hold/RTH:

Update 2014-08-05: added AILE switch for access to all 6 APM Channels:

Channel 5:
-AILE Set to 0-
MIX0: Manual flight mode / Stabilize (-100, APM Flight Mode 1)
MIX1: Hold Position / Loiter (0, APM Flight Mode 4)
MIX2: Return To Home / RTL (100, APM Flight Mode 6)

-AILE Set to 1-
MIX0: Default: Stabilize, I configured Auto mode to this (-53, APM Flight Mode 2)
MIX1: Default: Stabilize (-20, APM Flight Mode 3)
MIX2: Default: Stabilize (45, APM Flight Mode 5)

Channel 7:
FMOD0: IOC off (-100)
FMOD1: IOC on (0)
FMOD2: IOC on (100)

The other channels all use simple curves, propably there is room for improvement there if you like.
All special function are working perfectly for me, but don't blame me if your X350 Pro crashes or flies away.
I'd be happy to hear some feedback!

Simply replace an existing ini in your model folder of your Devo with the one I attached.

First model:

File Attachment:

File Name: model4.ini
File Size:8 KB

Updated 2014-08-05 APM all Flight Mode Support:

File Attachment:

File Name: QRX350ProAPM.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Aug 2014 21:16 by Sim09.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2014 17:43 - 23 Jul 2014 17:44 #24761 by EduardS
Replied by EduardS on topic Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10
Thanks for this info. Channel 6 is for camera on/off I guess, channels 8, 9 en 10 can be used for gimbal control.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 17:44 by EduardS.

More
05 Aug 2014 06:16 #25021 by povlhp
Replied by povlhp on topic Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10
Did not work out well for me.

Here is how my x350p came pre-configured:
Flaps aka aux1 aka channel 5 = gimbal pitch. I use AUX5 KB.
Aux 2 aka gear aka channel 6 not wired. I use for simple aka IOC. Currently mapped to the GEAR switch, might move it to the right side.
Aux 3 aka channel 7 I use for flight mode. Setup for 6 flight modes together with the AIL D/R just above.
Aux 4 aka channel 8 is camera trigger
Aux 5 aka channel 9 is gimbal roll.

I am just fine-tuning my settings, and then I will upload them. The 6 flight modes is a must. Stabilize, AltHold, Land, Loiter, RTL + one extra for auto / circle / loiter whatever.

Will be up in a few days.

More
05 Aug 2014 07:24 - 05 Aug 2014 21:04 #25022 by Sim09
Replied by Sim09 on topic Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10
Hey povlhp,

thanks for your feedback. I wonder why your channel 5 differs from mine. I'll check your config when you've uploaded it.

I also added a switch functionality to the button AIL, so that with AIL 0, MIX 0-1-2 enables ArduCopter (default) flight modes 1-4-6, with AIL 1 it enables flight modes 2-3-5 (with flight mode 1 being Auto mode for me).
I'll upload that file later including the used Channel 5 values.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2014 21:04 by Sim09. Reason: Corrected flight modes

More
05 Aug 2014 08:32 #25024 by povlhp
I might be wrong. Looking at the manual, it is channel 5 = GEAR that is flight mode. Have not tested yet, just programmed most of it.

Flaps = AUX1 = channel 6, so I got my channels wrong by one. :-(

And since channel 6 can be used for tuning, maybe assign a knob to it, move the pitch wire to AUX5 and leaving roll disconnected (can be set manually using the screw on the gimbal). This will work by having the user connect the ROL wire in place of the PIT, and leave PIT disconnected. So can be done without opening the x350p.

Personally I have more problems with non-straight horizon cause by small unintentionalROLL changes than I like.

More
05 Aug 2014 20:42 #25046 by povlhp
Here are my settings. Not test flown it yet. But now matches what I see in mission planner, and I can control gimbal and iLook camera.

Mapping is:

Ch5 - Flight mode - FMODE switch. Combined with AILE D/R for full 6 flight mode support.
Ch6 - Gimbal forward tilt. AUX5
Ch7 - Mapped to GEAR, which I set for simple mode in mission planner.
Ch8 - Mapped to ELEV D/R, can be set up in mission planner
Ch9 - Mapped to RUDD/R. Triggers iLook camera.
Ch10 - Mapped to AUX4, controls gimbal sideways roll.
Ch11 - Yes the RX703A has 11 channels. Have not tried it yet. And I use the last switch MIX for resetting stopwatch/countdown.

Not been flying it yet. Somebody please verify especially channel 7 and simple mode is not reversed.
Attachments:

More
05 Aug 2014 21:00 #25047 by Sim09
Hey povlhp,

thanks for your config.

IOC in your config will work, Gear 0 = -100 is IOC off, Gear 1 = 100 is on, although I'm using 0 for IOC on (tried 100 too, noticed no difference to value 0). To really be sure, set it to 0 instead of 100.

For the APM Flight-Mode Part of your config: It's funny you calculated the same output values for the flightmode like I did (guess you found the limit values out by try and error?!)

I'll update my first post with details.
I'm still waiting for my Walkera G-2D gimbal, I'll try your other channel values, when it arrives.

More
06 Aug 2014 20:35 #25062 by povlhp
Things went bad for me today. Crashed hard, and broke the body, so I have ordered new from BangGood and will see if I can hot glue it until that arrives in a couple weeks :-(

First, when calibrating the Devo-10 I must have done something wrong, since I was only getting negative values out of the throttle. In manual mode, but needed correction to not drift forward a bit. it flew fine, but anything else, and it would not go up. It was also moving forward (tilting from launch), and I assumed it was related. I guess I forgot to center the throttle stick.

So I did a field calibration of the receiver with the throttle stick centered. After this throttle worked on the channel monitor. Forgot to check other channels.

So flew, and could not really control it. Did not think of hitting RTL or Land, which I should have done.

Channel 1 + channel 2 were fine. Channel 3 (throttle) fine as well. But yaw was bad. Range was 0 left, -99 center, and -150 right.

At home I found out, that the trim for some reason had been saved. And is saved across sessions. So it is always a good idea to use channel monitor to verify that everything is centered before taking off. Maybe saved trim is the reason I not had it fully stable before.

Lessons learned. Price $27.99.

Video is here:

More
06 Aug 2014 20:56 #25063 by Sim09
Hey Povl,
sorry to see your X350 Pro crashed :(
Hope the motors, gimbal and your camera are ok (and the deer running away in the video ;) )
Maybe you want to post a pic of the X350.

Luckily, I had 2 Devo 10 (one with the stock Firmware, sold it later) when I got my X350, so that I was able to compare and triple check all transmitted values, before it lift off for the first time with my Deviation Devo 10.

Are you using the iLook or iLook+? I'll get my iLook+ tomorrow, your camera config might save me some time!

More
07 Aug 2014 10:32 #25073 by povlhp
I still wonder how the trims would be off by so much. SW glitch ? Child playing with Devo 10 (not very likely)...

I do not use the iLook series. Got the iLook standard in package deal. It is the worst camera I have seen in many many years. Not sharp, highlight completely blown out. I think my Agfa e307 was better lige 15 years ago. Very good 640x480 photos. Will not even look in the Walkera direction for years to come when it comes to cameras.

And I like OSD, having mounted MinimOSD inside my X350p - When I get a new TX in the mail, I will fly with the SJ4000 -> MinimOSD -> Boscam TX -> 7" monitor.

Photos can be found here:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29114380&postcount=4916

More
29 Oct 2014 12:12 #26199 by Aussie Matt
Replied by Aussie Matt on topic Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10
Hi. I'm thinking of using Sim09's model with 6 flight modes. Has anyone been using it? This thread has been a bit quiet and I would like to know if there are any problems. Any input would be appreciated.

More
29 Oct 2014 12:21 - 29 Oct 2014 12:22 #26200 by Sim09
Hey Aussie Matt,

the problems povlhp had are because the trimming was accidentally adjusted to a total maximum. Just leave all trims in the center.
I'm using the setting all the time, and it works perfectly. Also, if someone had problems with it, I'm sure there would be feedback.

If you are unsure and haven't flown before, try the setting first with props removed. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me =)

Happy flying & best regards
Sim
Last edit: 29 Oct 2014 12:22 by Sim09.

More
29 Oct 2014 16:15 #26202 by povlhp
After the trim episode I have had no further issues.

It is always recommended to calibrate the transmitter in mission planner before trying out new settings. There you can see what input results in what signal on what channel on the flight controller.

More
30 Oct 2014 01:26 #26207 by Aussie Matt
Thanks both of you for the reply, and for your effort setting up the config Sim09! I'm looking forward to having deviation back on my devo 10. I've got to go back to work but will set it tonight.

More
03 Nov 2014 20:55 #26275 by Aussie Matt
I have used the config now for five flights all is working perfectly. Some flight modes do not work but that is a limitation of the x350 pro. I can recommend using this config.

Thanks again Sim09

More
24 Nov 2014 12:19 #26553 by lfasson
Replied by lfasson on topic Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10
Hello everyone , I bought qrx350 pro with devo 10 and gimbal 2 gd , someone can say which INI files use? the first of sim09 model04 is perfect , however, does not command the gimbal . thank you , hello Luigi .

More
24 Nov 2014 14:15 #26555 by povlhp
You just find out which channels your gimbal is connected to, and then maps buttons to those. I think mine controls the gimbal. Have you turned the gains fully up on the gimbal ? Mine did not work before I did that.

More
24 Nov 2014 16:15 #26557 by lfasson
Hello Ok thanks after I try and let you know , I should be the channels 4 and 5, many thanks

More
24 Nov 2014 16:57 #26558 by lfasson
hello i checked
aux1: pit and aux5 = roll

But now I do not know how to do, please help me , thanks :)

More
28 Nov 2014 14:55 #26613 by tstanfordjr
Replied by tstanfordjr on topic Walkera QR X350 Pro with Devo 10
Hello
I am new to this thread but have been reading it for a few weeks
I am receiving a 350 with Ver. 2 of the software in the next week or so and thought I would try this model file you have posted.
I have already loaded it on my Devo 10
do you think it will work with the ver. 2 software?
I have a question when I move the throttle I don't see any movement on the screen
all other stick movement is displayed
And I know that they changed the way you start props to the same as Phantom will that be a problem with the ini file.

DJI Phantom 2
Gopro 3+ black
Tarot 2 axis gimbal
Devo 10

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds