Floureon H101 Devo10 Inverted flight Trainer

More
31 Jan 2016 22:15 - 31 Jan 2016 22:19 #42470 by SirDomsen
Hi Guys,

here is a Model.ini for The H101 - but this one is a bit special. I did this for using this quad (and maybe others in this style as well) as a 3D trainer, for train the inverted flight views.
While flipping it to inverted mode, the Quad negates its Controls by itself - not good for beeing a trainer.
But it is possible to start inverted with this quad - So I Had the Idea to add a switch that inverts the Controls like they are on a Heli that is flying upside down.

Short explanation of the model file:
FMOD0: High Rates, While in FMOD0, AILE D/R1 increases the rates a little bit more
FMOD1: High Rates, Flips enabled
FMOD2: low Rates
MIX1: Half Flips
MIX2: Full Flips - if needed in other Flight Modes than FMOD1
GEAR1: Inverts Throttle (pay attention while toggling with no TH!) and the other relevant channels.
RUDD D/R1: Throttle Hold

Counter Reset is on TRIM_L+

Note: No Headless Mode, No RTH configured!

Have Fun!

Greetz
Domsen
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 22:19 by SirDomsen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2016 10:01 #44459 by Harlem
Hi Domsen,
my H101 will arrive next week and i am keen to experiment with different settings. I am interested,, when you say ''inverts the controls like on a heli when inverted'', do you mean the rudder is reversed so to turn left when inverted you STILL use left rudder (when by rights,,, when inverted to turn left you SHOULD use right rudder)?

Is this what your switch does or am i misunderstanding? Any insight appreciaated, ohh have you any videos?

Harlem

More
12 Mar 2016 18:50 #44475 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Floureon H101 Devo10 Inverted flight Trainer
Hi,
you understand right, the H101 does invert controls while upside down, so it normally flies like not inverted. That's why I had the idea to add a switch that makes it flyable,like cp heli upside down, rudd and pitch are inverted for this reason when you flip my switch.

Another thing that could be interesting,for you: There is is an acro mode and dual mode (acro and level) firmware for the eachine/jjrc H8 mini as well as for our H101:

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2512604

Refer to my post here:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34189408&postcount=1084
as well.

With THIS model file and firmware, the H101 flies almost like a cp heli - manual flipping no problem (depending on your skills ;) )
Inverted controls,correct without flipping a switch. And MUCH better flying performance than with stock firmware...

Greetz
Domsen

More
16 Jun 2016 08:47 - 16 Jun 2016 09:00 #50688 by benoit35
Replied by benoit35 on topic Floureon H101 Devo10 Inverted flight Trainer
Hello Domsen,
I have just order a H101, there is a discount at gearbest : $9.99 !!!
I will use it to fly inverted, I have several CP heli and begin the inverted fly.

Thanks
Benoit
Last edit: 16 Jun 2016 09:00 by benoit35. Reason: found the answers thanks for the dedicated post

More
16 Jun 2016 14:45 - 16 Jun 2016 14:48 #50696 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Floureon H101 Devo10 Inverted flight Trainer
Perhaps you should order an STlinkk, too. It's definately worth it. Just read through the first page of the RCgroups thread linked above, there you'll find much of the needed info. There's a wiki with some models for devo10 and devo7e meanwhile, too.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2016 14:48 by SirDomsen.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds