Inductrix for Devo 8S

More
04 Jul 2016 19:47 - 04 Jul 2016 21:28 #51297 by Hotbread
Inductrix for Devo 8S was created by Hotbread
Hi all,

I just got configuration tweaks done for my Inductrix on my Devo 8S using the base from ethernode's 7E's config. I'm pretty happy with it so I thought I'd share here.

Given the Devo 8S FMOD has 3 states, 0, 1, 2:

FMOD0: D/R and Expo like ethernode's 7E for easy flying
FMOD1: More aggressive flying with 1-1
FMOD2: This one's a bit different flying style -- akin to a car. Intended for easy flying with one stick. I played with the complex mixers swap Aileron and Rudder. This way, you bank with the Rudder stick and you turn with the Aileron stick. Effectively, in easy flying mode, you really only control the altitude with the throttle stick.... the rest of the cruising around is with the right stick... like a car... in the air!. (assuming Mode 2 Tx) Don't really need banking since it's so docile, but if u do, you can still bank using the rudder stick. :D

Attached are the config and the icon file I created myself.
For preview only --->
(wasn't sure icon uploaded properly, so I put it on imgur for preview only. Download from attachment.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the throttle hold switch is the RUD D/R switch on the left shoulder.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jul 2016 21:28 by Hotbread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2016 11:14 #51981 by ldeconinck
Replied by ldeconinck on topic Inductrix for Devo 8S
Hello,

Thanks for your file.
I'm new with the drone, I had this model with the "original" radio controller but 2 days ago I bought a devo 8s... do you know where can I find a tuto for creating an ini file with explanation for the different sections?
I've tested your file but my drone always start backward on the right.
KR,
Ludo

More
22 Jul 2016 15:07 #52004 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Inductrix for Devo 8S
I think you want this tutorial: rc.mired.org/p/writing-deviationtx-model.html

But in general, I find it better to use either the Tx or one of the emulators than to edit the file.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
22 Jul 2016 15:27 #52007 by ldeconinck
Replied by ldeconinck on topic Inductrix for Devo 8S
Many thanks for your answer.
Have a nice week-end,

Ludovic

More
04 Nov 2016 19:42 - 04 Nov 2016 19:45 #55684 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic Inductrix for Devo 8S
Thanks for posting the ini...got me in the air with my inductrix and devo8s.

Just one question though, how do I switch to the acro mode? I am able to switch the three flight modes you have your ini with fmod switch but I would really prefer the third position to be just acro (no acc)

Any help doing that would be appreciated!

My skills programming my radio are pretty basic so assume I know very little :unsure:

I have an fc on order that I can put betaflight on which I know how to setup but in the meantime acro mode is all I'm missing in your config.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2016 19:45 by dawsonmobley.

More
04 Nov 2016 22:33 #55693 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic Inductrix for Devo 8S

dawsonmobley wrote: Thanks for posting the ini...got me in the air with my inductrix and devo8s.

Just one question though, how do I switch to the acro mode? I am able to switch the three flight modes you have your ini with fmod switch but I would really prefer the third position to be just acro (no acc)

Any help doing that would be appreciated!

My skills programming my radio are pretty basic so assume I know very little :unsure:

I have an fc on order that I can put betaflight on which I know how to setup but in the meantime acro mode is all I'm missing in your config.

Figured it out.....put a switch on channel 6 and that switches between acro and stabilized now. so acro mode is on channel6 for anyone else trying to figure it out.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds