Frsky compatibility

More
08 Dec 2016 16:19 #56671 by michadev7e
Replied by michadev7e on topic Frsky compatibility
nice to read that this setup works as i started yesterdday to set it up. could anyone please make a short summary of the requirements ?

following do not work for me:
-nightly build on a Devo7e with cc2500 that binds and receives the rssi and 2 voltages from receiver
-telemetry activated on serial3 with 9600baud from a sp f3 with cleanflight 1.14.1
-connected with RX of a D4R-II with the original firmware

i thought the telemetry_inverted parameter works only for softserial, but receiving the serial data from the FC makes a difference if its ON or OFF.
softserial is not outputting any data for me even msp data in different baud rates, neither on softserial 1 or 2. havent figuerd out yet, way.

could it work with hardware Uart3 ?

thank you for your work with this combination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2016 18:02 #56674 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Frsky compatibility
Unfortunately the 7e does not have enough memory for the code required to support hub telemetry. The thread on Ultimate7e describes how to swap out the processor for a chip with more memory.

If you're only interested in battery voltage you can build a voltage divider to scale the voltage to under 3.3V and connect to the D4Rii AD2 input. The result will be displayed in the Volt2 telemetry box. It can be scaled with the AD2GAIN protocol option to display the full battery voltage.

More
08 Dec 2016 18:58 #56676 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Frsky compatibility
yes and that works excellent, I use Frsky volt telemetry on all my builds!

Although possibibility to keep track of the lowest lipo cell, so monitoring and alert the individual cells would be super feature

More
10 Dec 2016 00:12 #56730 by hexfet
Well there is another possibility for getting extended telemetry from the 7e - serial data out the trainer port. Unfortunately the 7e still doesn't have enough memory for code to duplicate DJT/Taranis output, but could just send the raw user data to be decoded externally . You'd need to build some hardware to decode and display the telemetry.

Looked at implementing serial output for Frsky since it's implemented in FrskyX (for transmitters other than 7e). It's more work/code in Frsky to duplicate the serial output of a DJT/Taranis. Didn't find much evidence on the intertubes that this feature is used. No youtube how-to's on how to build decoders or anything recent of FLD-02 in use. So not planning to implement Frsky serial port telemetry output unless requested.

More
11 Dec 2016 15:52 #56742 by michadev7e
Replied by michadev7e on topic Frsky compatibility
i had already the voltage divider on the d4r. I like the small form not to much design of the 7e. so an external display wont be a solution. Unfortunately im not able to change this small pitch IC to upgrade to Ultimate. Neither experianced with compiling. But I read that switching off the standard gui saves some size.
#define HAS_STANDARD_GUI 0
#else
#define HAS_STANDARD_GUI 1
#endif
#define HAS_ADVANCED_GUI 1
#define HAS_TELEMETRY 1
#define HAS_EXTENDED_TELEMETRY 0
#define HAS_VIBRATINGMOTOR 1
#define HAS_EXTRA_SWITCHES OPTIONAL
#define HAS_MULTIMOD_SUPPORT 1

I have 3x2 extra switches and 3 modules installed. turning off standard mixer and vibration could save enough for extended telemetry ? by the way, in every hardware.ini i saw online no one has enabled the vibration motor. is it supported ?

i also think the individual cell monitoring would be nice. till now, I am using a lipo warner on the balancer connector, and usually its always the same cell taht reaches first minimum...

More
22 Dec 2016 20:35 #57139 by Smarti
Replied by Smarti on topic Frsky compatibility
+1
I have the same configuration (MultiMod / 3x2 Switches) and it would be great to get hup telemetry or only current and individual cell monitoring working on a "standard" 7e

On the other hand extended telemetry on trainer port is also nice. Just use a arduino + 16x2 LCD to display should be fine.

1. Devo 7e Ultimate: Multimodule - CC2500, NRF2401, A7105 + Switchmod + 2x Poti
2. Devo 7e Ultimate: 4in1 Modul, still upgrading ;)
Hobby Horizon 350 QX, QAV250 FPV Racer, JXD385, WLToys 272, Estes Proto X

More
22 Dec 2016 23:14 #57141 by hexfet
Removing the standard GUI saves ROM space but the issue is the 4K RAM limit for the protocols in the 7e. There's not enough space for the extended telemetry decoding.

The vibration motor only has to be enabled in hardware.ini if it's an add-on. Works fine on my devo 10.

More
28 Dec 2016 21:19 #57308 by kabo
Replied by kabo on topic Frsky compatibility
What settings did u use for the x83, ive got the 2500 and cant bind

Thanks larry

More
31 Mar 2017 04:17 #60966 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Frsky compatibility
Why Frsky V protocol (frsky1way_cc2500.c) has disabled protocol options (frequency tuning)?
#if	0
static const char * const frsky_opts[] = {
  _tr_noop("Freq-Fine"),  "-127", "127", NULL,
  _tr_noop("Freq-Course"),  "-127", "127", NULL,
  NULL
};
#endif

More
27 Dec 2017 20:20 #66625 by mike_j
Replied by mike_j on topic Frsky compatibility
It would be really nice if you could change the spelling of "Freq-Course" to "Freq-Coarse".

I'm sure it's a perfectly innocent spelling mistake, but it looks really unprofessional.

More
19 Apr 2018 17:48 - 19 Apr 2018 17:51 #68744 by kmewes
Replied by kmewes on topic Frsky compatibility
I am using a FrSky X4RSB with the original jumper and the frskyx protocol and I am setting the AD2GAIN to 392 to get the correct voltage with 3S divider on the battery voltage sensor. Perhaps the multiplier is off by 1 order of magnitude, not *10 but *100, i.e 12.6/3.3*100=382. Had to tweak it to 392 to account for component tolerances.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2018 17:51 by kmewes.

More
19 Apr 2018 18:32 #68745 by hexfet
It is 100 in FrskyX, which is different from Frsky (10). It is documented in the manual:
AD2GAIN: The VOLT2 telemetry value (AIN input on X4R) is multiplied by this value divided by 100. Allows adjustment for external resistor divider network. Default 100 (gain of 1). Range is 1 to 2000 (gain of 0.01 to 20.00).

More
19 Apr 2018 19:16 #68746 by kmewes
Replied by kmewes on topic Frsky compatibility
That explains it. I guess I should have consulted the manual first. Thanks for pointing this out hexfet.
Where can I find this manual?

More
20 Apr 2018 00:33 #68752 by hexfet
The link should be over in the left column on any page in the forum.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds