EAchine / Gin H7

More
20 Jan 2016 18:03 #41992 by schallundrauch
Replied by schallundrauch on topic EAchine / Gin H7
hehe, no confusion intended. I'm just not very creative when it comes to usernames, or: too perfectionistic, so that I could waste hours when registering a new account. The "uuidgen" command ( linuxcommand.org/man_pages/uuidgen1.html ) solves this problem for me.

I changed Ch7/Ch8 to Ch11/12 like this:

... but I couldn't find a difference, the forwarding drift was still uncorrectable.

I've now tried the H7 testing build with the model.ini from this thread. It wasn't needed to change AIL to AIL, ELE to ELE (in contrast to the "MT99X" protocol from the hexfet-combo-build with the same model.ini). Also, the trim buttons for correcting the forward drift are working.

I can't do a real comparison regarding flight characteristics at this point (I flew two batteries and was mainly trying to find the right trim values), but my first impression was that the quad with the "H7" protocol was much more responsive and/or faster. When I first used this quad with the "MT99X" protocol, I tried to make it more faster or responsive by setting the scales to 125 instead of 100 - I don't know if that's actually the right way - but the results then were very weird: when trying to fly backwards quickly, it inverted the controls and flew forward. So I set it back to 100 and was a bit disappointed from this slow quad. I didn't have this need to tune something with the "H7" protocol yet, and as I've now removed the prop guard it is freaky fast, way too fast for me as a beginner.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• goebish
  • goebish's Avatar Topic Author
  • I Void Warranties
More
20 Jan 2016 18:06 - 20 Jan 2016 18:10 #41993 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic EAchine / Gin H7
Ok thanks for reporting, I think I'll revert some changes I made for MT99xx then as they probably weren't required anyway, or I'll make a format option.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2016 18:10 by goebish.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
05 Feb 2016 09:55 #42624 by goebish
Hi,

Last round of tests before pull request:

Devo 7e
Devo 10

Select MT99xx protocol then H7 format option.

There's no more "protocol trims" channels, rate is fixed to high.

More
05 Feb 2016 17:27 #42634 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic EAchine / Gin H7
Binding fine but with my devo7E, there is a huge forward drift .....

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
05 Feb 2016 17:29 - 05 Feb 2016 17:30 #42635 by goebish
That's probably because yours require some protocol trims (there's no way to recalibrate the accelerometer on this machine...), as they're set to neutral here, just use larger trim steps for ele/ail in deviation.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2016 17:30 by goebish.

More
07 Feb 2016 20:01 - 07 Feb 2016 20:01 #42731 by schallundrauch
I'd be happy to see this merged.

It binds, it flies, and in contrast to my former tests with the MT99x protocol it's possible to fix the forward drift (I set those protocol trims to 0.5), and also to set the scale to 125 without weird inverting controls behaviour.

However, I don't know how to use flips yet (I'd be glad to have a model.ini for reference), and when using the stock TX and switching with it to the second mode it's much more faster and/or responsive - but this is not a complaint since I'm crashing it then all the time :)

edit: tested with Devo 7e
Last edit: 07 Feb 2016 20:01 by schallundrauch.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
07 Feb 2016 20:22 #42732 by goebish

8e356cf5-1aaf-44c7-84b9-c445ac507f1c wrote: when using the stock TX and switching with it to the second mode it's much more faster and/or responsive

Do you have the H7 format option selected ?

More
07 Feb 2016 21:10 #42735 by schallundrauch

goebish wrote:

8e356cf5-1aaf-44c7-84b9-c445ac507f1c wrote: when using the stock TX and switching with it to the second mode it's much more faster and/or responsive

Do you have the H7 format option selected ?

Oh, sorry, no I didn't!

Now it's a great flyer ... nice one! :)

(I'm now having a less unique nick)

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
07 Feb 2016 21:25 #42740 by goebish

More
24 Sep 2022 16:12 #78096 by Ltomi78
Replied by Ltomi78 on topic EAchine / Gin H7
I have this eachine H7 quadcopter using MT99xx protocol. I ve selected on TX16S..(latest multi modul fw) MT99xx and H7 subprotocol and i can control AETR direction and flip on ch5 but cannot select the rate on CH6..it is always on high rate (or speed mode) also dont know which channels works with trim. Board labeledd MT9913 R2..maybe need a previous version multi modul fw?
I ve read this but cannot found info for change rate CHannel.
www.multi-module.org/using-the-module/protocol-details/mt99xx
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds