JJRC H20 Hex Quad

More
28 Jan 2016 14:13 #42321 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad
Nothing has changed, I only added an extra hidden flag to switch leds on/off, but this was only recently and shouldn't cause any issue.
Can you check again on 7e and provide a .ini profile please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2016 18:05 #42329 by schallundrauch
Replied by schallundrauch on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad

goebish wrote: Nothing has changed, I only added an extra hidden flag to switch leds on/off, but this was only recently and shouldn't cause any issue.

I've tried older builds before this change and had this problem, too, so it really shouldn't be the problem.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but could it be possible that the stock transmitter can compensate failing motors better? It seems that two motors of mine were not OK from the beginning, after maybe 10 flights there are completely dead. However, until then it was perfectly stable with the stock TX, but not with Devo 7e. I have to wait for spares at the moment.

More
28 Jan 2016 18:13 #42330 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad

8e356cf5-1aaf-44c7-84b9-c445ac507f1c wrote:

goebish wrote: Nothing has changed, I only added an extra hidden flag to switch leds on/off, but this was only recently and shouldn't cause any issue.

I've tried older builds before this change and had this problem, too, so it really shouldn't be the problem.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but could it be possible that the stock transmitter can compensate failing motors better? It seems that two motors of mine were not OK from the beginning, after maybe 10 flights there are completely dead. However, until then it was perfectly stable with the stock TX, but not with Devo 7e. I have to wait for spares at the moment.

Stupid question... Did you calibrate your Devo7E sticks ? after installing your NB ?

More
28 Jan 2016 19:20 #42336 by schallundrauch

SeByDocKy wrote: Stupid question... Did you calibrate your Devo7E sticks ? after installing your NB ?

Not really a stupid question since I'm a beginner, but: yes. I also could fly some other quads (H8 mini, Hubsan X4, Hubsan Q4) without any problems so I guess the calibration was OK. I tried pretty much everything and the somewhat desperate failing-motor-theory was just my last hope since I ran out of ideas. I can't do further testing right now until one spare motor arrives (I had one spare, but the next motor was failing shortly after that), but if it won't fix this problem, it could be indeed helpful to use a model.ini which is known to work. I don't feel confident at this point to make my own, so I used this one: www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...jjrc-h20-hex-devo-7e

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
28 Jan 2016 19:32 - 28 Jan 2016 19:33 #42337 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad

goebish wrote: Ok, I'll try to understand what's going wrong, has anyone ever used the H20 successfully with this protocol ?

I just received my H20 a couple of days ago and it works fine on an 8S with nightly builds I downloaded on 10-27-2015 and 01-26-2016. I haven't tried RTH or headless, but basic flight is fine.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2016 19:33 by BirdBarber.

More
28 Jan 2016 19:36 #42338 by goebish
@8e356cf5-1aaf-44c7-84b9-c445ac507f1c (really, you should choose an actual user name :p) can you try something:
Bind with stock transmitter then set all trims to neutral.
Now try again with Deviation.

More
28 Jan 2016 20:38 #42341 by schallundrauch

goebish wrote: @8e356cf5-1aaf-44c7-84b9-c445ac507f1c (really, you should choose an actual user name :p) can you try something:

Ok, I'll do as soon as the spare motor arrives (or I'll try to use one from the Hubsan Q4, not sure if this will work). Maybe petsmith could try this also who seems to have the same problem.

Sorry for the username, would be "0a23cb7af4d242" OK? That's the one I'm using on rcgroups.com (they didn't allow hyphens and not so much characters :) ), but, okay, since I need to register a new account I'll try to find one who actually makes sense.

More
29 Jan 2016 04:57 #42352 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad

goebish wrote: @8e356cf5-1aaf-44c7-84b9-c445ac507f1c (really, you should choose an actual user name :p) can you try something:

I've just downloaded the latest nightly from 2016-01-27 and re-test. First, I bound with the original controller and set all trims to neutral. The hex flies very stable. Then, I disconnected & reconnected the hex's battery, rebound it with Devo7e. The hex yawed left & right, trimming couldn't fix it. I've tested it with 2 different Devo 7e and both exhibited the same symptom.

More
29 Jan 2016 07:43 #42357 by Zkrehllix
Replied by Zkrehllix on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad
Hi guys, thanks for all this hard work!

I'm a total newb and in set fashion, the following question:
Would someone post a working tx.ini, hardware.ini and which protocol to set for the H22?

When I copy the firmware. ( last nightly)! to the 7e and update the nrf enable, the remote doesn't recognize the module. If I restore to backup, everything works. I have two modules in there and replicated the modules section from backup into hardware.ini and nothing changes. Tried tx.ini, too... Both... No go.
Solder looks good.

Thanks again!

More
29 Jan 2016 10:14 - 29 Jan 2016 10:56 #42361 by goebish
For those having issues with rudder, can you try to add some expo on this channel ?
Also, setup larger trim steps.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2016 10:56 by goebish.

More
29 Jan 2016 12:53 #42369 by goebish

Zkrehllix wrote: When I copy the firmware. ( last nightly)! to the 7e and update the nrf enable, the remote doesn't recognize the module.

Get your firmware from here:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...exfet-protocol-combo
It's more up to date than the nightly ;)

More
29 Jan 2016 18:49 #42373 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad
The nightly build is up-to-date since the recent merges.

Does the nightly build report a missing module error, or do nRF protocols just not work?
In version 4.0.1 some of the nRF protocols would work even if there was a problem with the MISO connection to the nRF. Recommend checking there first.

More
29 Jan 2016 18:55 #42375 by SeByDocKy
For info, I received the JJRC H20W. They changed the radio protocol. I will try to capture SPI data
The Eachine H99 uses also this new protocol

More
29 Jan 2016 18:57 #42376 by goebish
Ok, let's hope it's only a variation of this protocol.

More
29 Jan 2016 18:59 #42377 by SeByDocKy
I think so... it's a "classic" XN297 inside

More
30 Jan 2016 07:52 #42398 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic JJRC H20 Hex Quad

goebish wrote: For those having issues with rudder, can you try to add some expo on this channel ?

Tested again with Expo 45, problem still existed. Making the trim larger didn't help. It's not that I don't have enough trim to play with. It's just the yaw on the quad is very unstable. Normally, when I took off, the quad would yaw to the left. Give a few right trims and it would yaw to the right. No matter how I trimmed it, it would never stop rotating. It either yawed left or right, couldn't hold its heading.

More
30 Jan 2016 08:22 #42399 by schallundrauch

petsmith wrote:

goebish wrote: For those having issues with rudder, can you try to add some expo on this channel ?

Tested again with Expo 45, problem still existed. Making the trim larger didn't help. It's not that I don't have enough trim to play with. It's just the yaw on the quad is very unstable. Normally, when I took off, the quad would yaw to the left. Give a few right trims and it would yaw to the right. No matter how I trimmed it, it would never stop rotating. It either yawed left or right, couldn't hold its heading.

I'm glad to not be the only one with this problem and I couldn't describe this better. After a while I also found that trimming has actually no influence on this problem, for example when it yawed counter-clockwise and I steered against it, it suddenly yawed clockwise and vice versa (without using trim buttons at all). It seemed to be pretty random to me.

More
30 Jan 2016 10:19 #42403 by goebish
Hmmm maybe I could add a small deadband on rudder neutral, but I'm not sure this is the problem ...

More
30 Jan 2016 10:48 #42404 by SeByDocKy

goebish wrote: Hmmm maybe I could add a small deadband on rudder neutral, but I'm not sure this is the problem ...

I will retest tp be sure that with last NB, no problem have been introduced

More
30 Jan 2016 11:17 #42405 by goebish
Hmmm I see a potential flaw in my code for rudder, there may be some rounding errors sometime that could cause that kind of behavior... I'll make a patch.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds