Intermitent reception drops dsmx with LemonRX Sat

More
07 May 2016 10:12 #47955 by huge
Hello,
i have a problem, my devo 7e has some problems. It seems that my tx wont send anything for a fraction of a second on the dsmx protocol. Tested with two different recievers. One standalone LEMONRX Sat and another noname Spektrum RX AR6210, that i normally just use to get the sat into bind mode. Both will loose signal at the same time, so i am sure its the tx. I am using this recievers on a quadcopter, when signal is lost the quad will drop like 20cm and then get signal again.
I did the range mod on the 7e, bridged the diode. Using 5.0.0 firmware, same problem with some 4.0.1 that i had before. Devo 7e baterries fully charged.

hope someone can help me out.
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2016 10:59 #47958 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Intermitent reception drops dsmx with LemonRX Sat
Hi,

Thank you for describing your problem in a new thread with more details.

Copying over my text from 1st thread:
What means intermittend reception/transmission drops? Holds?
Is there a stop of rudder / stearing control?
45 continous FrameLosses = 1 Hold would result in the same. So you probably have multiple high FrameLosses in a short delta time interval and not just sporadic.
Sounds like that with your new detail description...

Can your Lemon RX check Fades and FrameLosses?

Do you have any chance to connect a TM1100/TM1000 to check for Spektrum FlightLog with AR6210?
How far do you get with AR6210+SAT and 1mw output power? 30-35m? ~60m? How many FrameLosses?

Is this on a carbon fiber frame? Short antennas might just be blocked by base/top plates.
If so try a carbon fiber receiver with longer antennas you can mount sideways to the quad...

From other thread: Well, IMHO you should throw away your Lemon receivers if you can NOT get a solid stable signal with 0 or less (<40) FrameLosses :-)
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-outs?start=20#44216

My successful DSMx test with nightly-build deviation-devo10-v4.0.1-fcd0669: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=340#33913

I will try to repeat some DSMx as soon as possible with latest (2015) nightly-build = rls 5.0 changes...

You could also give Indigos DSM test-build a try...but be careful: only fly small / crash-proof planes with that if that works for you any better...

Try a Devo 10 with no solder mod.
See the 7e mod issue: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...m2-zero-range-solved

Thomas

More
07 May 2016 11:43 #47959 by huge
Hello, thanks for the quick answer

What means intermittend reception/transmission drops? Holds?
Is there a stop of rudder / stearing control?

The problem seem to affect pitch, roll, yaw and throttle.
Here i hooked it up to cleanflight:

Can your Lemon RX check Fades and FrameLosses?

i dont know, im kind of new to flying rc stuff. But i am using this Lemonrx: www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=pr...th=72&product_id=135

Do you have any chance to connect a TM1100/TM1000 to check for Spektrum FlightLog with AR6210?
How far do you get with AR6210+SAT and 1mw output power? 30-35m? ~60m? How many FrameLosses?

No i dont have a TM1100/TM1000 maybee some friend has but i will have to find out.
But with 1mW i get like 3m range without the led from reciever turning off. At about 30-35m it just randombly blinks.

Is this on a carbon fiber frame? Short antennas might just be blocked by base/top plates.
If so try a carbon fiber receiver with longer antennas you can mount sideways to the quad...

Yes carbon fibre frame, but the sat has long antenas mountes sideways, the "range test" i did with the recievers only and a battery of course

More
08 May 2016 05:41 #48024 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Intermitent reception drops dsmx with LemonRX Sat
3m? On manual output power 1mw setting?
Range-Test uses 100uw.

I managed to get even >30m on 100uw: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=400#45377

More
10 May 2016 14:30 #48167 by huge

3m? On manual output power 1mw setting?

Yes, 3m on manual 1mw setting.

After reading cereal_killers post, my cyrf module also gets only +- 2.2v power, so i replaced the diode he replaced, now it gets about 4.8 volts.
After modification i used the "range test" funktion on the devo 7e and got about 10 before the led on the AR6210 reciever startet to turn off sporadically.
With the lemonrx i got something about 6-7m.

How can you manage to get >30m on 100uw ? (this +30m are without frameloss/led turning off)
Regards

More
10 May 2016 18:13 - 10 May 2016 18:24 #48171 by Thomas.Heiss
To be honest I have no idea how I can get >30m@100uw on Devo10 :-) May sound strange a bit to me too (would have expected less)...but got it black and white (TM1000 FlightLog).
Yes this ~33-35m are with 0 Holds, 0 to only a view FrameLosses (<40) and with no loss of signal (steering rudder or aileron on StrykerQ@AR600 RX always works).

Well, I would not care, to compare it with Spektrum DX8 and half-range you need to get 30-35m@1mw...my best result with AR6210 is ~ little bit over 60m@1mw.

Example: I can remember one range test on an (very) old DSM test-build from Indigo (not the latest published one) with my Blade 200QX on Devo10 and I even lost signal / connection @100uw within 5-6m straight of line within my room.
I remember flying my 200QX with some of his test-builds (earlier + later ones) in 2015....before nightly-build fcd0669.

So yes, in general DSM protocol RX<->TX and register checking code can influence FrameLosses/Holds (Indigo even committed that statement in one of his file history when comparing protocol code versions).

I want to re-test DSM range with release 5.0 and nightly-build 4b3dc91 DSM protocol changes and see if that DSM protocol code might change anything for range.

Probably I will re-test AR6210 + AR8000 receivers (need to re-build Blade heli) on nightly-build fcd0669 before I change firmwares or re-test latest Indigos DSM test-build...

Maybe it's just the Devo10 HF module?
Last edit: 10 May 2016 18:24 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
10 May 2016 18:39 #48173 by Alexandro
@huge

Hello , i was flying my Lemon Gyro with DSMX today with the FrskyX test Build on my Devo 10 ( i think it is one of the first 5.0 Source Build from)
and it was no Problem there with Fling.
No drop out or any other Problems.

Maybe there is a broken TX Modul or a damaged Antenna at your 7e ?
greetings Alex

More
17 Jun 2016 15:50 #50748 by arkngelus
@huge @Alexandro

got a devo7e with rl5 nightly c6b19b1

I have a lemon rx sat with diversity and the the and a redcon cm921 from banggood.
for the lemon I tried all the conbinations I could think of. using the main rx and cleanflight dsm2 and dsmx (spektrum_sat_bind=[3,5,7,8,9]) and the setting in the config tab (1024/2048) I keep getting like 400ms or something like that drops its like a heart beat and even I if I get a solid signal the drop is very random.

for the redcon cm921 I had it bound with dsm2 with same devo and rel4.0.1 some nightly I rebinded again with cleanflight and devo settings above and I got a solid light in the RX right away.

Im using a cc3d with the lemon if it matters and the quad with the redcon is an atom with and x-racer.

Sometimes when binding with the main RX I was getting solid light and when moving to the cc3d it was blinking.

Im going to try with another lemon just to check if that one I was using is bad.

More
19 Jun 2016 06:15 #50793 by arkngelus
yes it was a bad lemon I binded several times with a banggood redcon and another lemon sat

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds