DSM2/X protocol errors

More
27 Sep 2016 06:33 #54317 by MacGyverek
Replied by MacGyverek on topic DSM2/X protocol errors
Ok...Thank you...

I using only Orange RX and Spektrum Reciever...What you suggest? Stay on 4.01 or change to 5.0 with new DSM2/DSMX option??
I am still little confused because in my head is sentence : "If something working ok, then don't change this"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2016 07:03 #54318 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic DSM2/X protocol errors
At any case I suggest to use v5.0.0, regardless of DSM2/DSMX option. I use v5.0.0 from nightly builds v4.01+, and have not any problems.

More
27 Sep 2016 08:03 #54319 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic DSM2/X protocol errors

MacGyverek wrote: I using only Orange RX and Spektrum Reciever...What you suggest? Stay on 4.01 or change to 5.0 with new DSM2/DSMX option??
I am still little confused because in my head is sentence : "If something working ok, then don't change this"

Yes upgrade because of "Question about V4.0.1-nightly-build": www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-nightly-build#46790

More
27 Sep 2016 10:21 - 27 Sep 2016 11:04 #54328 by Thomas.Heiss
Vlad what do you think about this scenario Roland described for release 5.0.0 and his RX: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...d-dev-5-0-0-tx-crash

Was it really a telemetry receiving <-> transmitting deadlock or something, maybe hold?

I tested ground range 3 times on 100µw, 300µw, 1mw on AR6210 + release 5.0.0 including telemetry out of range (and re-connections).
When walking back to the plane the telemetry monitor showed in good receiving distance new TM1000 telemetry data and all inverted/black FlightLog fields where back to normal. Steering rudders still worked - after or even while telemetry out of range.
But this was only some short tests and I did not experience the deadlock I had once on one Indigos DSM test build on RX<->TX code re-write (not latest)...

Too bad Roland could not find the plane before by trying to get telemetry monitor back and all FlightLog fields displayed.
But with his TX switching off/on (failed throttle tests) as well as higher green landings he IMHO forged the FlightLog numbers (holds, FrameLosses + Fades) anyways.
I experienced once FlightLog holds (not any reception) in higher green field by doing ground tests!!
Last edit: 27 Sep 2016 11:04 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
27 Sep 2016 10:49 #54331 by vlad_vy
I think it can be the same case as for Devo protocol with telemetry enabled. But DSM2/X protocol has much less frame rate, so it can happens less frequently.

I have plans to fix this potential problem, but up to now I'm not aware what CYRF settings I need to restore after CYRF_Reset() in order do not lose synchronization.

More
27 Sep 2016 12:14 #54332 by TheSFReader
Replied by TheSFReader on topic DSM2/X protocol error

mwm wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: Protocol module for Devo 7e kill all possible modifications for DSM2/X protocol. Now I can't add even single line of code, it doesn't fit to Devo7e. Now some strange things has place with code, if I exchange two adjacent lines of code, it doesn't fit to Devo7e since protocol module size increased or decreased by about 56 bytes. Why? I don't know.

Up until 5.0, this was the case with the flash code as well. It's why the 7E may not be supported in the next release. We're no longer holding features back for the 7E. Yeah, it sucks all the way around.[/quote]
For the 7e limit, I tried an approach to generate two distinct modules, one for DSM2 and one for DSMX, from the same source file. It allowed to gain some space in both, and relieve the pressure. But the implementation of the cutting was quite dirty, and so far rejected. If someone with sufficient make expertise could help...

More
27 Sep 2016 16:00 - 01 Oct 2016 15:33 #54338 by vlad_vy
Implemented CYRF reset to completely eliminate possibility to get CYRF6936 frozen with telemetry enabled. It's completely safe and transparent. For testing purposes I forced reset CYRF every 46 frames (once a second) and I hadn't even Frame Losses with AR8000+TM1000. Also it's tested in flight with micro quadcopter DSM2, no problems.

Sorry, but it doesn't fit to Devo7e, so CYRF reset cutted out for Devo7e build.

File deleted, see below.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2016 15:33 by vlad_vy.

More
27 Sep 2016 21:04 #54345 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic DSM2/X protocol errors
@vlad_vy, please, can you get a github account and submit your changes as a pull request. Your valuable modification will languish here in the group discussion - the repository is the place for development.

If you absolutely can't get an account for religious purposes (I know no other reasons not to) - I can do this. But I hate to take credit for you and explain it in comment etc. where there is a regular, established process for this.

More
27 Sep 2016 22:43 #54346 by Thomas.Heiss
Well, not one but individual PR's please :-)

Probably it will get tough more and more to track changes
- against Indigo's 2015 DSM test build sources
- Vlad's BitBucket repos DSM changes 4b3dc91 (are those the end result of Indigos enhancements or what are they for?)
- and any additional telemetry filtering / bogus packets improvements (if there are any more), which may be only committed in Indigos repos until now (which you core devs have discussed back and forth in two DEVO+DSM telemetry support threads)

Yes, I have already seen the Flightlog high jumping numbers (telemetry out of range) on 100µw on release 5.0.0 too like previous V4.0.1-nightly-builds.
There was an Hold - or was it FrameLosses field? - 0-> 255 jump too, which resulted in a configured telemetry alarm.

BTW: I have plans to test Vlad's new test build first on Spektrum AR6210 in EPO glider...
Not sure when I can move up to AR8000 for 11ms high speed and Blade flybar heli - best after some successful previous basic tests (still missing tail servo + mechanical re-setup + some time). I am still missing crash-proof CFK quad electronics for first tests.

Thomas

More
28 Sep 2016 04:49 - 01 Oct 2016 15:33 #54352 by vlad_vy
victzh,

I haven't any plans to continue development, I haven't time for it. Now I have short vacation by health reason, so I entertain myself by a simple programming. Can you add final version of DSM protocol into main repository?

Sorry for clogging the topic.

Final version, I haven't ideas what I can to improve and my free time almost come to an end:

File deleted, see below.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2016 15:33 by vlad_vy.

More
28 Sep 2016 07:14 - 28 Sep 2016 07:16 #54355 by Thomas.Heiss

vlad_vy wrote: Now I have short vacation by health reason, so I entertain myself by a simple programming.
Final version, I haven't ideas what I can to improve and my free time almost come to an end

Hope your health is getting better again and you recover fine.

Ideas: Maybe this?

Framelosses n delta: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=400#53899
or
Telemetry out of range (high FlightLog big number jumps (including 255) FrameLosses/Holds):
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=400#53899

You can provoke odd high jumping FlightLog numbers (probably as a "telemetry out of range" signal) - in release 5.0.0 as well as - by using output power 100µw and walking in your building with walls in between to plane.
The telemetry monitor code does not yet filter these FlightLogs accurately and also does not fast enough switch to black/inverted FlightLog fields, so it just shows these random high numbers in normal telemetry RX state.

Indigos latest DSM test release: Had this been fixed / moderated by Indigo successfully in 2015 yet? Could not test latest yet.

I would have to search for my old DSM telemetry support posting for 92... V4.0.1 nightly build and videos. I do have to repeat 100µw range video on release 5.0.0.

But IMHO way to many (almost untrackable??) source changes together at once - please do not commit just ONE big protocol file change to repository :) There should be a backport of your important DSM changes to release 5.0.1, shouldn't it?!

Thomas
Last edit: 28 Sep 2016 07:16 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
01 Oct 2016 15:23 - 04 Oct 2016 06:16 #54469 by vlad_vy
My free time is over, so I'll leave all the changed files here. Modified DSM protocol, RF Scanner. Now RF Scanner can see even FHSS channels.

File deleted, see below
Last edit: 04 Oct 2016 06:16 by vlad_vy.

More
01 Oct 2016 21:33 #54481 by Thomas.Heiss
Not so successful telemetry (AR6210, TM1000) DSMx test - frozen telemetry monitor - with version 09/28/2016: www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...test-protocols#54480

More
04 Oct 2016 06:17 - 09 Oct 2016 14:51 #54570 by vlad_vy
I found my own error at DSM2/X protocol.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2016 14:51 by vlad_vy.

More
04 Oct 2016 10:58 #54581 by Thomas.Heiss
Thanks for your hard work Vlad!

Where it the source changes
static const u8 init_vals[][2] = {
    //{CYRF_1D_MODE_OVERRIDE, 0x01}, //moved to CYRF_Reset()
[    {CYRF_03_TX_CFG, 0x38 | 7}, //Data Code Length = 64 chip codes + Data Mode = SDR Mode + max-power(+4 dBm)]
    {CYRF_06_RX_CFG, 0x4A},     //LNA + FAST TURN EN + RXOW EN, enable low noise amplifier, fast turning, overwrite enable

and
//CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_29_RX_ABORT, 0x20); //RX abort enable

three times after "parse_telemetry_packet(); which fixed the error?

Do you remember from DSM/DEVO thread discussions Vlad how Indigo DSM test build protocol changes should prevent any "potential RX<-TX deadlock", that a "potential RX freeze" can NOT hangup a TX transmit?

I would like to repeat my previous statement #54562 from other test build thread: www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...test-protocols#54562 :
TX transmit was NOT affected by DSM code for my 2-3+ in-flight tests, even for this happening RX/telemetry freeze (no data received anymore).

BTW: Wasn't Indigo testing with RX ABORT and stuff too, or did he remove those "tries" later again by later commits (he did remove some stuff according to BitBucket repos commit history)?

e.g I can not see any 1-3 time "CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_29_RX_ABORT, 0x20)" calls in Indigos dsm2_cyrf636.c source file in those code block sections
but
"{CYRF_29_RX_ABORT, 0x20}" inits in data_vals and 0x00 resets in init_vals which you had to de-activate in transfer_vals.

More
04 Oct 2016 11:38 #54584 by vlad_vy
The problem was CYRF_06_RX_CFG, 0x48 and changed to CYRF_06_RX_CFG, 0x4A

For my opinion,

CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_29_RX_ABORT, 0x20); //RX abort enable
and
CYRF_WriteRegister(CYRF_29_RX_ABORT, 0x00); //Clear RX abort

do nothing, since a telemetry packet already received, so it's useless.

More
04 Oct 2016 20:04 #54600 by Thomas.Heiss
BTW: Vlad, did you take a look on the experimental DSMx build about protocol optimization?
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/5822-ex...ls-size-optimization

Maybe it would be nice to include any further possible protocol code optimizations (size) with your test builds?

Sorry, NO, I did NOT test those mentioned protocol optimizations in this experimental build yet :-)
It seems everyone, including me, was a bit afraid to test the above linked experimental build....or has no free time? :)

Maybe I can assist a bit in ground range testing with Spektrum receivers and laters with in-flight tests if 2-3 core developers reviewed above optimize code.

Too bad your free development time is over Vlad...

More
05 Oct 2016 17:27 - 03 Nov 2016 15:34 #54634 by vlad_vy
I have interesting result - ALL Spektrum transmitters 4-6 channels, that I tested, ALWAYS transmit SEVEN channels. You simply haven't access to control these channels. So I once again rewrite DSM2/X protocol and now I can fit DSM2/X protocol to Devo7e along with CYRF reset procedure. Devo7e protocol module size now is 3972 bytes. Tested this version with 5 different receivers (5 to 12 channels, DSM2 and DSMX, with "Normal" 22ms and "High Speed" 11ms) and I don't see any problems.

I hope that this version can fix all known problems - e.g. 6ch mode doesn't work with Orange satellite, and so on.

File deleted
Last edit: 03 Nov 2016 15:34 by vlad_vy.

More
07 Oct 2016 04:27 - 03 Nov 2016 15:35 #54689 by vlad_vy
Initial implementation DSM2/X protocol telemetry "Flight Log" filtering. I hope that you will not see anymore sporadical wrong values at "Flight Log", only valid values.

P.S. I can't fit "Flight Log" filtering to devo7e build, so it cut out from code for Devo7e. Sorry...

File deleted
Last edit: 03 Nov 2016 15:35 by vlad_vy.

More
12 Oct 2016 05:13 - 03 Nov 2016 15:35 #54845 by vlad_vy
It looks like I found simpler and more reliable way for DSM2/X protocol telemetry "Flight Log" filtering. Moreover, it fit to Devo7e.

File deleted
Last edit: 03 Nov 2016 15:35 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds