expressLRS

More
18 Feb 2024 21:45 #78374 by PanKek
Replied by PanKek on topic expressLRS

ethr wrote:

PanKek wrote: Hi all
I bought a Jumper AION nano 2.4GHz TX module. I connected it to my Devo 7E, running v5.0.0-408f8c0 firmware. All seems well, except when a click enter on CRSF protocol tab, it only shows the "Bit Rate" option from 400K to 2.25M, and nothing else.
Using the modules 5 ways joystick, I can make changes in module settings. I can even make it work as Bluetooth gamepad with my phone.

The module is in 3.3.2 version. Is this normal for the Devo 7E? I haven't try to bind to a receiver yet.

v5.0.0-408f8c0 firmware is the correct one. I'm running 3.3.0, but it doesn't matter. Check your connections!

Here is a photo of my connections. I also tried different combinations of "Signal A" and "Signal B" pins.
Signal A on it own gives "no handset" message on TX module screen, and after 60sec modules goes to WIFI connection status.
Signal B on is own keeps module connected. The same works with signal A and signal B pair together. So I keeping them together for now.
If i select some protocol other than CRSF module says "no handset".
I think it's not the connections. I will try to flash version 3.3.0
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2024 02:36 #78375 by marcus0304
Replied by marcus0304 on topic expressLRS

PanKek wrote: Hi all
I bought a Jumper AION nano 2.4GHz TX module. I connected it to my Devo 7E, running v5.0.0-408f8c0 firmware. All seems well, except when a click enter on CRSF protocol tab, it only shows the "Bit Rate" option from 400K to 2.25M, and nothing else.
Using the modules 5 ways joystick, I can make changes in module settings. I can even make it work as Bluetooth gamepad with my phone.

The module is in 3.3.2 version. Is this normal for the Devo 7E? I haven't try to bind to a receiver yet.

It is normal for Devo7E. Because of small memory, there is no lua function in it. If you want these functions, you have to upgrade "Devo7E" to "Devo7E 256" by changing chip.

Because it has no lua function, you can't check ELRS connection status or change any module setting just in Devo7E. The ELRS connection status can be checked on Jumper AION TX module, if ELRS connection is correct, the "connected" string will shown on module screen(old ELRS version has no this function, maybe), or you can check 5 ways joystick led color.

I use this Jumper module for my DEVO 7E and DEVO 7E 256 are works great. The more information about you can check this thread page13 and page 14.

More
19 Feb 2024 18:28 #78377 by PanKek
I was suspecting that this could be the case. Anyway it's not a big deal as long as the module has a screen, and you can configure settings there.
Now I am going to bind it with a receiver and see how it operates
Thanks

More
21 Feb 2024 20:58 #78378 by PanKek
Hi all
The module is successfully connected with a receiver (HGLRC 2.4 RX) and all channels move as they should in receiver tab of betaflight configurator.
It only needs two pins from "PC Game" port. The lower one ("Signal B" from photo) and ground. The power comes from the same pad the internal cyrf6936 uses.
I had the module re-flashed with the "AUTO_WIFI_ON_INTERVAL" box unselected in ELRS configurator. So it won't enter WIFI AP mode when using the internal cyrf6936.

It's an awesome upgrade for the Devo 7E. Now I need an external module slot adapter ( www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004743012876.html ), to mount the module at the back of Devo 7E, and have some flight time.
Attachments:

More
24 Feb 2024 17:12 #78379 by ethr
Replied by ethr on topic expressLRS
You want a nano bay, right? I've just uploaded this one : www.thingiverse.com/thing:6501383
You could stick it with double sided tape. I tried to keep the original look, as much as I can :D
Attachments:

More
28 Feb 2024 19:17 #78380 by cybercorey
Replied by cybercorey on topic expressLRS
Hi Guys,

Im looking at following along with this, but had two questions.

How do i setup the model to use the trainerport/elrs?
How do i bind the elrs with RX without having LUA support?

More
01 Mar 2024 06:43 #78381 by cybercorey
Replied by cybercorey on topic expressLRS
scratch that, got it all working!

More
14 Mar 2024 21:11 #78384 by Berkeonlu
Replied by Berkeonlu on topic Expresslrs 2.4ghz or 900mhz for 10km
Hello, I will buy a new expresslrs system. Remote radiomaster tx16s. I plan to travel a maximum distance of 15 km. There are two modules I can purchase right now. Radiomaster Ranger micro and happmodel es900tx. Which one do you recommend?
Or you can recommend another module sold on aliexpress

More
15 Mar 2024 03:25 #78385 by rc manic
Replied by rc manic on topic Expresslrs 2.4ghz or 900mhz for 10km
You may want to ask that question on a dedicated OpenTx or Radiomaster forum. These forums are dedicated to Deviation OS and associated radios. Things may work differently for radiomaster/opentx hardware.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds